Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

Advert:

18 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

What a surprise all those Tories are saying it’s nowt to do with Brexit. It’s all to do with Brexit, why has no other country been affected as bad as the UK, with petrol, food etc.

It's just as bad in Europe but you won't hear much about it on our mainstream media.

There doesn't seem to be a problem with either food or fuel locally.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, For Us All said:

It's just as bad in Europe but you won't hear much about it on our mainstream media.

There are very little problems in Europe compared with ours, it may look ok here, but there are still major fuel shortages in the South East and London.

Advert:

19 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

What a surprise all those Tories are saying it’s nowt to do with Brexit. It’s all to do with Brexit, why has no other country been affected as bad as the UK, with petrol, food etc.

It really is time you viewed another news channel instead of your beloved BBC. Try Euronews which earlier this week was showing empty supermarket shelves in Belgium and Holland and HGV driver shortages  in several EU countries.

45 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

It really is time you viewed another news channel instead of your beloved BBC. Try Euronews which earlier this week was showing empty supermarket shelves in Belgium and Holland and HGV driver shortages  in several EU countries.

No I listen to friends in EU countries, who tell me there is hardly any problems.

You must listen to Billy Liar and his Tories, HGV down to haulage companies, noFuel problems, no food shortages, no one struggling in UK, no sleaze, all is good.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

Haha!

That was due to a strike in Belgium.

https://www.retaildetail.eu/en/news/food/empty-shelves-carrefour-due-strikes-distribution-centres

There's no way Euronews didn't explain that properly. I think you're confusing it with whatever whacko news source you use.

2 hours ago, For Us All said:

Show us then, let us see the reports of how it is as bad in Europe. It isn't and you are making yourself look daft as per. I must have imagined all the garages by me (Hartshill, Higherland, Morrisons newcastle) running out of fuel last week then. Higherland didn't have any unleaded last night. Haven't found anywhere with Supreme Diesel. 

1 hour ago, jimbo57 said:

Ok, but nowhere near to the extreme we have it and that is because of Brexit. Obviously you will never admit that as you have been sold down the river and your pride won't allow you to admit you have ever got anything wrong. Wonderful trait in a human being that! 

I don't blame everything bad on Brexit but say it has made things worse but you say anything bad is absolutely nothing to do with Brexit. I wonder which one of us is right. 

I look forward to the see where we are in 10 years comment which is the Brexiteers last stand. We all look forward to a decade of <ovf censored> then. 

here is your beloved Euronews 🙂

Edited by WV

Advert:

It seems everyone expects prices to stay the same or reduce but incomes to rise.

That's a conundrum every government has failed to do since before I can remember.

It's an impossibility. Some get around the problem by outsourcing manufacturing, but that reduces production locally and increases slave Labour claims in poorer nations.

Many years ago when the tax rate hit 98% the big earners moved out of the country. Businesses need investors who need a return for their risk, no return = no investment.

13 minutes ago, geosname said:

It seems everyone expects prices to stay the same or reduce but incomes to rise.

That's a conundrum every government has failed to do since before I can remember.

It's an impossibility. Some get around the problem by outsourcing manufacturing, but that reduces production locally and increases slave Labour claims in poorer nations.

Many years ago when the tax rate hit 98% the big earners moved out of the country. Businesses need investors who need a return for their risk, no return = no investment.

You can't just transition to a high wage economy overnight. They've choked the labour supply off which will dampen economic growth. A lower labour supply in an economy with a fixed maximum output in the short-term will increase wages, which will increase prices. Government is economically insane.

7 minutes ago, WV said:

Show us then, let us see the reports of how it is as bad in Europe. It isn't and you are making yourself look daft as per. I must have imagined all the garages by me (Hartshill, Higherland, Morrisons newcastle) running out of fuel last week then. Higherland didn't have any unleaded last night. Haven't found anywhere with Supreme Diesel. 

Last week?

Try again this week from Morrisons  Festival Park to Morrisons Leek.

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

Last week?

Try again this week from Morrisons  Festival Park to Morrisons Leek.

The post I was replying to was one of yours that said " No fuel problems locally" 

Make your mind up 

3 hours ago, WV said:

Show us then, let us see the reports of how it is as bad in Europe. It isn't and you are making yourself look daft as per. I must have imagined all the garages by me (Hartshill, Higherland, Morrisons newcastle) running out of fuel last week then. Higherland didn't have any unleaded last night. Haven't found anywhere with Supreme 

3 hours ago, WV said:

Ok, but nowhere near to the extreme we have it and that is because of Brexit. Obviously you will never admit that as you have been sold down the river and your pride won't allow you to admit you have ever got anything wrong. Wonderful trait in a human being that! 

I don't blame everything bad on Brexit but say it has made things worse but you say anything bad is absolutely nothing to do with Brexit. I wonder which one of us is right. 

I look forward to the see where we are in 10 years comment which is the Brexiteers last stand. We all look forward to a decade of <ovf censored> then. 

here is your beloved Euronews 🙂

And of course the EU will obviously praise Brexit?😃

Get real.

Advert:

3 hours ago, hillmanhunter said:

You can't just transition to a high wage economy overnight. They've choked the labour supply off which will dampen economic growth. A lower labour supply in an economy with a fixed maximum output in the short-term will increase wages, which will increase prices. Government is economically insane.

Can't disagree. 

There seems to be a lot of insanity about. Government on fixed term insanity that can be extended. Public on short term insanity when elections come around.