Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

Advert:

The news channels have reported the biggest rise in asylum seekers have come through the Mediterranean route from North Africa.

So…..by your reckoning it’s due to family and language then it’s no wonder Eastern European’s have gone back home, nothing to do with Brexit.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

The news channels have reported the biggest rise in asylum seekers have come through the Mediterranean route from North Africa.

So…..by your reckoning it’s due to family and language then it’s no wonder Eastern European’s have gone back home, nothing to do with Brexit.

According to you nothing is down to Brexit??

Advert:

3 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

No let’s keep it sensible,rising prices,job losses, fuel shortages, travel problems these are just a selection of problems brought on by Brexit, with sadlymore to come.

So covid19 means absolutely nothing to you? Have you ever heard of it? Seems not, suggest you read a paper of watch some news programmes.

9 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

You said we were getting record numbers. I’m simply pointing out that compared to Germany and other countries in Europe we aren’t. 

I did mean we were seeing record numbers traveling here as in higher numbers than we have seen before. Has the numbers slowed down to Germany since their mass influx after Merkel invited them? Yet we are seeing month on month increases. 

Edited by philpvfc

6 minutes ago, hillmanhunter said:

I can’t see any evidence on your link that backs your claims that refugees are coming over because of family or language but I do see evidence that backs my claim that there is an increase of North Africans arriving……out of the highest 10 countries of applications only 3 have seen a rise in the last 12 months with 2 out of the 3 being North African countries. As I said, my source was the news channels.

Advert:

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

I can’t see any evidence on your link that backs your claims that refugees are coming over because of family or language but I do see evidence that backs my claim that there is an increase of North Africans arriving……out of the highest 10 countries of applications only 3 have seen a rise in the last 12 months with 2 out of the 3 being North African countries. As I said, my source was the news channels.

Did you download the spreadsheets?

You wrote:

"Nope…..a lot of the asylum seekers we are having are from North Africa where French and Spanish is more widely spoken. Most are young adults who do not have family and we do not get a tiny amount, we are seeing record number"

Only 2 of the top 10 nations are North African - so that's wrong.

It follows that the most common foreign language in the majority of those nations is English. So that's wrong too.

The age groups are not split into any common definition of young adult so, your claim might be true but I don't see any evidence for it.

There's a clear drop in numbers from year end to March 2020 so that's wrong as well.

My family claim is purely anecdotal from talking to refugees that are here. I'll give you that one.

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

The fact that the majority of immigrants are coming from non EU countries does rather suggest that voting to leave the EU to stop immigration was just silly. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

No let’s keep it sensible,rising prices,job losses, fuel shortages, travel problems these are just a selection of problems brought on by Brexit, with sadlymore to come.

The USA and many other countries have the same problems and they have haven't had a Brexit,so what do you put that down to?

Will you be putting the fact that you can't get a doctor's appointment down to Brexit next?

1 minute ago, For Us All said:

The USA and many other countries have the same problems and they have haven't had a Brexit,so what do you put that down to?

Will you be putting the fact that you can't get a doctor's appointment down to Brexit next?

All our problems are down to a hesitant Brexit government,  the government was elected on a hard Brexit, the cabinet is Brexit, so everything the government does is based on Brexit philosophy.  Brexit was a con so we all have to suffer now for a lack of planning and a concentration on Brexit which is now having its effects.

• Thanks 1

Advert: