Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

Advert:

9 hours ago, WV said:

You're hilarious. We can use our new powers of immigration which brexit gave us to reverse one of the main reasons people voted for brexit. So if brexit didn't happen then we wouldn't need to reverse the new rules surely? 

This is really quite sad WV.

An "Australian-style" points based immigration system is what the vast majority of brexit voters wanted. This is literally what we voted for, this kind of power, this kind of decision making. We knew that there would and could be shortages of all kinds of different skills - remainers always wanted to speak about the nurses. At every single opportunity, the brexit voters on this website said "yeah, let's just let nurses in then".

You know this too, don't you?

On 23/09/2021 at 20:05, tommytunstall said:

Sorry but it’s the same thing. This Government negotiated Brexit

It really isn't the same thing is it? 

It's staggering to me how remainers are showing such little understanding of what they voted for and against. When they're so quick to say that brexit voters didn't understand.

To put it simply - we can vote in our next election for a party that will, for example, say...we're going to let in unlimited amounts of hair stylists. Or we could vote for a party that says, we're not going to let in any nail technicians because we simply have too many. Brexit allows for both. It's quite literally the resolution to the problem you hijacking.

I don't think you understand just how good you are making brexit seem right now. You are hijacking problems that brexit solves, whilst trying to claim that brexit is bad?!

Just stop 🤣

23 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

When will we see positive signs of our new independence then. Because currently it’s gloom, shortages, sleaze etc.

And congested roads, troubles in Afghanistan, global warming, mass pollution, plastic waste, broken NHS, Stoke City doing well.  Bloody Brexit!

Advert:

1 hour ago, Regal Beagle said:

It's staggering to me how remainers are showing such little understanding of what they voted for and against. When they're so quick to say that brexit voters didn't understand.

To put it simply - we can vote in our next election for a party that will, for example, say...we're going to let in unlimited amounts of hair stylists. Or we could vote for a party that says, we're not going to let in any nail technicians because we simply have too many. Brexit allows for both. It's quite literally the resolution to the problem you hijacking.

I don't think you understand just how good you are making brexit seem right now. You are hijacking problems that brexit solves, whilst trying to claim that brexit is bad?!

Just stop 🤣

It's not about "letting in" foreign workers. There's a labour shortage and Brexit has made The UK a less attractive place to work so I don't know what problems you think Brexit has solved. I'm quite interested to know.

Your belittling examples of hair stylists and nail technicians are a bit of a tell, too.

3 minutes ago, hillmanhunter said:

It's not about "letting in" foreign workers. There's a labour shortage and Brexit has made The UK a less attractive place to work so I don't know what problems you think Brexit has solved. I'm quite interested to know.

Your belittling examples of hair stylists and nail technicians are a bit of a tell, too.

If it is less attractive why are hundreds of asylum seekers risking their lives to come over every day? Why don’t they stay in the glorious EU with its abundance of lorry drivers, Gas and food?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hillmanhunter said:

Brexit hasn't made the UK a less attractive place to work, covid19 has. Foreign drivers quite rightly want to be with families during these uncertain times, especially as they can get work nearer home. As for the daft idea of offering them a 3 month contract, that's one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard.

3 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

If it is less attractive why are hundreds of asylum seekers risking their lives to come over every day? Why don’t they stay in the glorious EU with its abundance of lorry drivers, Gas and food?

Family and language, mainly. We get a tiny amount of asylum seekers. 

2 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

Brexit hasn't made the UK a less attractive place to work, covid19 has. Foreign drivers quite rightly want to be with families during these uncertain times, especially as they can get work nearer home. As for the daft idea of offering them a 3 month contract, that's one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard.

Not only has Brexit made the UK a less attractive place to work, it's made it impossible in some industries. 

Advert:

10 minutes ago, hillmanhunter said:

Family and language, mainly. We get a tiny amount of asylum seekers. 

Nope…..a lot of the asylum seekers we are having are from North Africa where French and Spanish is more widely spoken. Most are young adults who do not have family and we do not get a tiny amount, we are seeing record numbers.

9 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Nope…..a lot of the asylum seekers we are having are from North Africa where French and Spanish is more widely spoken. Most are young adults who do not have family and we do not get a tiny amount, we are seeing record numbers.

Where are you getting your figures from as they don't match UK Government stats?

2 hours ago, For Us All said:

So Covid was an excuse?

You Remainers are getting really desperate now.

Remainers are not getting desperate, but we are frustrated as we have been proved to be right, presume you Brexiteers are extremely disappointed as <ovf censored> Boris and Miss Piggy have completely sold you a pup

2 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Just stop 🤣

Absolute rubbish as usual from RB. Brexit has proven to be a disaster, and worryingly there’s more to come. Suppose all you leavers feel like hiding in a hole, needs to be a big hole, and contemplating the big mistake you have made

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

And congested roads, troubles in Afghanistan, global warming, mass pollution, plastic waste, broken NHS, Stoke City doing well.  Bloody Brexit!

No let’s keep it sensible,rising prices,job losses, fuel shortages, travel problems these are just a selection of problems brought on by Brexit, with sadlymore to come.

Advert:

53 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

We have about a tenth the number of refugees as Germany.

55 minutes ago, hillmanhunter said:

Where are you getting your figures from as they don't match UK Government stats?

Where are you getting your stats from? French is a lot more wide spoken in Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia, the North African countries where a lot of the latest immigrants are coming from.