• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

5 minutes ago, samspoons said:

I always understood, that after brexit we would use an australian type points system so trades that were required were given immigration priority. My only problem is that the government seem not to use it quickly enough.

Was this another Brexit promise that isn't coming to fruition? I have to be honest i do not remember that one. 

• Like 1

Advert:

43 minutes ago, samspoons said:

I always understood, that after brexit we would use an australian type points system so trades that were required were given immigration priority. My only problem is that the government seem not to use it quickly enough.

I remember being told we'd stay in the single market and customs union

14 minutes ago, ginge said:

I remember being told we'd stay in the single market and customs union

I remember being told remainer concerns were part of 'project fear' and it was all doom mongering. 

• Like 1

Advert:

43 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Despite Brexit,Poland has a shortage of 123,000 lorry drivers!😃 

They've still managed to avoid panic buying petrol and they also have food on the shelves in supermarkets 

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, ginge said:

Are they relaxing their rules on immigration to intice brits to drive their lorries?

Not sure what they are allowed to do but I do know that we can use the immigration powers reclaimed by our new independence to help out supply problems.A temporary, emergency relaxation of visa rules now to let more EU drivers in is the right thing to do.

20 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Not sure what they are allowed to do but I do know that we can use the immigration powers reclaimed by our new independence to help out supply problems.A temporary, emergency relaxation of visa rules now to let more EU drivers in is the right thing to do.

When will we see positive signs of our new independence then. Because currently it’s gloom, shortages, sleaze etc.

• Like 1

Advert:

2 hours ago, For Us All said:

So in other words ... "Brexit is good…because it allows us to fix the problems caused by Brexit". 

Also are 5000 visa waivers going to be enough when the shortage of drivers is over 100,000? The maths doesn't add up Boris.

2 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

When will we see positive signs of our new independence then. Because currently it’s gloom, shortages, sleaze etc.

Well let me take you back to 5 years ago... 

A quote from Daniel Hannan

"Five years from now Britain will be flourishing as never before and people will look back and wonder why we didn't do this long before” 

4 hours ago, For Us All said:

Allowing 5,000 in and telling them to bugger off on Christmas Eve is hardly going to have them queuing up at the border is it?

Edited by Jacko51