Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

2 hours ago, jimbo57 said:

You obviously didn't watch BBC news earlier today when the head of a haulage firm in Norfolk was asked, or told rather, that the driver shortage was caused by brexit. 'No it wasn't' she insisted, 'surely it was' said the reporter. 'No it wasn't, it's due to covid, unsociable hours, poor working conditions and low pay.'  Another classic unbiased report from the BBC.

Jimbo can fully understand you being upset,you were sold down the river, can understand why you and FUA and co are upset. Don’t listen to the Tory right wing spin this is all down to one thing, BREXIT.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

No, I’m telling it to everyone on here who claims it is right/left wing. Like you. 

No, you said it is trusted. How can it be trusted when it paid over £2 million to Cliff Richard after his court action against them, thousands to Paul Gambaccini and allowed one of their staff - Savile, to abuse up to 1,000 children and women for years?

I wouldn't call the BBC 'trusted' .

7 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

No, you said it is trusted. How can it be trusted when it paid over £2 million to Cliff Richard after his court action against them, thousands to Paul Gambaccini and allowed one of their staff - Savile, to abuse up to 1,000 children and women for years?

So who do you trust for your news?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

The BBC has been broadcasting news for 99 years. Several polls like the one above show it to be one of the most trusted news sources in the world. You, however, pick on one mistake to show that the organisation is not to be trusted at all. If one mistake makes you untrustworthy then Nigel Farage  is one of the most untrustworthy blokes on the planet!

54 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

The BBC has been broadcasting news for 99 years. Several polls like the one above show it to be one of the most trusted news sources in the world. You, however, pick on one mistake to show that the organisation is not to be trusted at all. If one mistake makes you untrustworthy then Nigel Farage  is one of the most untrustworthy blokes on the planet!

Martin Bashir, Tony Hall, Dave Lee Travis, Chris Denning, etc etc, as well as previously mentioned  Cliff Richard, Jimmy Savile  and Paul Gambaccini  are not 'one mistake'.

I am not aware of Nigel Farage being taken to court and being fined millions or being associated in any way with child abuse.

6 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

Martin Bashir, Tony Hall, Dave Lee Travis, Chris Denning, etc etc, as well as previously mentioned  Cliff Richard, Jimmy Savile  and Paul Gambaccini  are not 'one mistake'.

I am not aware of Nigel Farage being taken to court and being fined millions or being associated in any way with child abuse.

The Queen knighted Jimmy Savile so perhaps she is not to be trusted either?  Who do you rely on for your trusted news?

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

The Queen knighted Jimmy Savile so perhaps she is not to be trusted either?  Who do you rely on for your trusted news?

Trusted news? That's a difficult question. If you accept they have an agenda and bias how can you "trust" them?

Trusted news should be the facts, nothing more nothing less. It shouldn't be infected by opinions, but it often is.

Generally people tend to trust the news source that agrees with or confirms what they already think/believe, especially political news.

• Like 1

Bad example Jacko, the queen is in know way caupable in the case of saville or the public in general. The BBC were his employer and knew what was going on and failed to stop it.

As for bias i think i read somewhere , several news presenters were on the payrole of big companies receiving sponsoreship , how can they be biased

1 hour ago, samspoons said:

Bad example Jacko, the queen is in know way caupable in the case of saville or the public in general. The BBC were his employer and knew what was going on and failed to stop it.

As for bias i think i read somewhere , several news presenters were on the payrole of big companies receiving sponsoreship , how can they be biased

Sorry, I should have put a smiley face after the Queen comment as it was tongue in cheek. And with your comment that you “think you read somewhere” I don’t believe that is the sort of evidence on which you should base an opinion of the impartiality of BBC News. 

11 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I don't rely on any one station for news. I'll watch Al Jazzera , France24, Euronews, UK News, CNN, ITV,  SKY  and the BBC. I don't stay with any particular one but by hearing different reports I can get a general opinion and make my mind up.  Before you ask, I suppose my favourite is Al Jazeera. Obviously it carries Middle East issues a well as world wide reports, but it covers subjects that UK news channels completely ignore, plus some excellent documentaries.

Give it a try, tear yourself away from your beloved BBC and see what's going on in the outside world.

On 23/09/2021 at 16:09, ginge said:

What I find amusing is despite @philpvfc claiming he doesn't read the sun/mail, he still has liked @jimbo57s post defending those papers :doh: 

Not to mention that post from @jimbo57 was full of false accusations accusing me of calling people stupid and mocking people- despite me never doing so. But no suprises really as @philpvfc is another one who makes false accusations 😂 I remember when he wrongly accused me of being another banned poster 

And you say you’re not bitter!! And this is someone who keeps quoting left wing rags! You keep saying everyone else is making false accusations when you throw them around yourself all the time, just have to look at this post! And you keep referring to something that happened 2 years ago after you implied all Brexiteers were racist then start sending me PMs. Bitter man!

22 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

And you say you’re not bitter!! And this is someone who keeps quoting left wing rags! You keep saying everyone else is making false accusations when you throw them around yourself all the time, just have to look at this post! And you keep referring to something that happened 2 years ago after you implied all Brexiteers were racist then start sending me PMs. Bitter man!

I'm not bitter but if I made false accusations I would apologise. What false accusations have I made exacty? Again I didn't imply all brexiteers were racist. Another lie. Left ring rags? I posted an article from the Sun the other day. Are they left wing? 

34 minutes ago, ginge said:

I'm not bitter but if I made false accusations I would apologise. What false accusations have I made exacty? Again I didn't imply all brexiteers were racist. Another lie. Left ring rags? I posted an article from the Sun the other day. Are they left wing? 

Ginge of course he is bitter, as any leaver would be. They voted for Britain ruling the waves, and what they have got is a third world country. We are running out of everything, and we are the worst hit country, we are running out of Petrol, Beer, Bottled drinks, Trade deals etc etc. The only thing we are not short of is a steady stream of migrants.  Is this what they voted for?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Jimbo can fully understand you being upset,you were sold down the river, can understand why you and FUA and co are upset. Don’t listen to the Tory right wing spin this is all down to one thing, BREXIT.

No it's not,driver shortage is a global issue.What we are experiencing is happening worldwide,for instance US giant Walmart is offering double the median driver salary.That,plus the severe weather outbreaks in Asia and the USA,shipping timings have been further disrupted with less than 40% of vessels globally meeting their published schedules in July.The cost to send a container from Asia to the west coast of the USA is now 13 times higher than in 2019 according to Santa Fe Relocation.