Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

3 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

I'm still positive I know what I voted for - your posts prove it. You are absolutely desperate to dismiss the idea of sovereignty. You absolutely cannot bring yourself to acknowledge it and I think I know why that is...because it's such a difficult thing to argue against and so you simply don't. You continually have to straw man, all of you, that brexit is about gas prices, brexit is about food costs, brexit is about stopping brown people coming into the country. The simple fact of the matter is that people didn't want to be governed by the EU and we wanted our own law makers to be sovereign and therefore responsible for what happens in our country. 

How are we sovereign when a majority government who were voted by a minority of the public can get through whatever they want? Until we have proportional representation and our votes made equal this country will continue to be run in an undemocratic way. And currently our system is favouring the corrupt elite. 

Advert:

11 minutes ago, ginge said:

How are we sovereign when a majority government who were voted by a minority of the public can get through whatever they want? Until we have proportional representation and our votes made equal this country will continue to be run in an undemocratic way. And currently our system is favouring the corrupt elite. 

Are you sure you know what sovereignty is?

Sovereignty is the power that a country has to govern itself 

Advert:

51 minutes ago, geosname said:

Your source is about as reliable as Boris :clap:

Well a lot of people read it and a lot of people make their voting decisions based off what they read in papers. Unfortunately for those voting decisions the Mail and the Sun are full of crap

23 minutes ago, ginge said:

Well a lot of people read it and a lot of people make their voting decisions based off what they read in papers. Unfortunately for those voting decisions the Mail and the Sun are full of crap

All news outlets, printed or visual, have an agenda and bias. You can't trust any one more than the other. They run the stories to support their stand and suppress stories that don't.

• Like 1

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
1 hour ago, geosname said:
Are you sure you know what sovereignty is?
Sovereignty is the power that a country has to govern itself 

Are not the people supposed to be sovereign in the UK ?

The country is soverign, the people who live there live under the sovereignty of the country.

I suppose some people could consider themselves soverign citizens and make up their own rules and law to live by but that wouldn't relieve them of the consequences of the laws of the land.

55 minutes ago, ginge said:

And the Guardian and Mirror are so much better!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advert: