Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

19 hours ago, jimbo57 said:

Only quadrupling in price, lucky us. Prices have increased 547% transporting a container from Shanghai to Rotterdam, which of course is in the EU. 

Soaring demand, saturated ports, shortage of containers, dock workers and ships, and something called Covid-19.

Never mind, carry on grasping at straws, project fear is alive and well.

Project defend the indefensible is also well under way. What will it take for you to admit you got it wrong? Are you afraid of your little ego being bruised? 

• Like 2

Advert:

This is not racism so please don’t take the easy option and ban me 

This is what we were told would stop once we voted brexit it obviously ain’t happening don’t blame the voters blame our soft touch government 

The majority of us are concerned for the future of our kids not the <ovf censored> small increase in chocolate biscuits or the threat of no Christmas pudding 

1 hour ago, sunny boslem said:

The majority of us are concerned for the future of our kids not the <ovf censored> small increase in chocolate biscuits or the threat of no Christmas pudding 

Mentioning Christmas pud gets you into my bad books....... good job you didn't mention sprouts too

• Haha 1

Advert:

42 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
1 hour ago, geosname said:
Mentioning Christmas pud gets you into my bad books....... good job you didn't mention sprouts too

Some of us enjoy sprouts, nearly in season.

No accounting for taste mate...... it's one of the few foods you can eat once and taste for days.

2 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

This is what we were told would stop once we voted brexit it obviously ain’t happening don’t blame the voters blame our soft touch government 

What do you mean by "concerned for the future of our kids". What do you think might happen to them?

2 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

I’m sorry mate. You’ve been duped. It was never about that for scumbags like Johnson and Mogg, that was the carrot dangled to snare the bloke on the street into voting for it. 

image.thumb.png.bc4155625bda22346aeacc8a3415c1b5.png

image.thumb.png.b1ca8ac407c85497a0a027cab18da005.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

Who told you leaving the EU would stop non EU immigration? 

Advert:

19 minutes ago, Doha said:

I’m sorry mate. You’ve been duped. It was never about that for scumbags like Johnson and Mogg, that was the carrot dangled to snare the bloke on the street into voting for it. 

image.thumb.png.bc4155625bda22346aeacc8a3415c1b5.png

image.thumb.png.b1ca8ac407c85497a0a027cab18da005.png

Waiting for Britain is colder so bills cost more...or...a small price to pay for sovrinty..or project fear is alive and well..

Edited by WV

27 minutes ago, hillmanhunter said:

What do you mean by "concerned for the future of our kids". What do you think might happen to them?

Maybe if these right wingers were really so concerned about kids futures they would have put their X in the remain box instead of throwing the baby out with the bathwater and voting for less immigration (worked out well didnt it lads) without a thought for any other effects. 

Edited by WV

Yeah, if only us "right wingers" lived in Greece, Italy, Spain etc where the gas prices are low and it's all really wonderful and diverse and everyone definitely has jobs.

And Sovereignty is a big issue for Barnier as posted. Maybe you could let him know why it doesn't actually matter?

LOVE IT when the high ranking EU officials all get based on brexit. The remainers just shut down haha. 

17 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Yeah, if only us "right wingers" lived in Greece, Italy, Spain etc where the gas prices are low and it's all really wonderful and diverse and everyone definitely has jobs.

And Sovereignty is a big issue for Barnier as posted. Maybe you could let him know why it doesn't actually matter?

LOVE IT when the high ranking EU officials all get based on brexit. The remainers just shut down haha. 

I thought we were talking about Brexit not Frexit? 

Unemployment rates are rising here while declining in the 3 countries you mentioned. What is your point? 

Do you believe brexit has been a success? And are you still positive you knew what you were voting for? 

16 minutes ago, WV said:

I thought we were talking about Brexit not Frexit? 

Unemployment rates are rising here while declining in the 3 countries you mentioned. What is your point? 

Do you believe brexit has been a success? And are you still positive you knew what you were voting for? 

I'm still positive I know what I voted for - your posts prove it. You are absolutely desperate to dismiss the idea of sovereignty. You absolutely cannot bring yourself to acknowledge it and I think I know why that is...because it's such a difficult thing to argue against and so you simply don't. You continually have to straw man, all of you, that brexit is about gas prices, brexit is about food costs, brexit is about stopping brown people coming into the country. The simple fact of the matter is that people didn't want to be governed by the EU and we wanted our own law makers to be sovereign and therefore responsible for what happens in our country. 

Of course it is a success, of course there have been some downsides. Brexit voters knew that would be the case, we have all said so in these threads. You lot haven't admitted the positives of brexit once and that is depsite the fact that Juncker, Von der Leyen and now Barnier have all admitted them in the last year.

Again, you simply cannot argue about Greece Italy and Spain, but you try. Unemployment rates are rising here but declining there - if that's still the case in 10 years time you might have a point. But there will be thousands of Greek/Spanish/Italians in the uK who are here because they couldn't find work in their home countries. I've spoken to them. I would count 2 as genuine friends. They don't particularly WANT to live in the UK, they didn't move here for the weather, they moved here because there are jobs here and those jobs pay much more than anything they could get at home. One of them left a job as a corportate lawyer to move here and started out doing menial work for equivalent money. That's the EU for you. Whilst at home the government put time restrictions on when you could withdraw your own money from your bank. It really is no good. 

It's easy to be pro EU and live in UK/France/Germany. Not so easy when your country is bankrupt, the people making the decisions for you don't actually care about you although they'll chuck you a few crumbs to feed off whilst you are fighting to keep your head above water. Greece and Italy would leave the EU tomorrow....If they could afford it, which they can't. And that's not because the EU is a plentiful fertile land, but because they don't have their own currency to protect them.

• Like 3

Advert:

6 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

I'm still positive I know what I voted for - your posts prove it. You are absolutely desperate to dismiss the idea of sovereignty. You absolutely cannot bring yourself to acknowledge it and I think I know why that is...because it's such a difficult thing to argue against and so you simply don't. You continually have to straw man, all of you, that brexit is about gas prices, brexit is about food costs, brexit is about stopping brown people coming into the country. The simple fact of the matter is that people didn't want to be governed by the EU and we wanted our own law makers to be sovereign and therefore responsible for what happens in our country. 

Of course it is a success, of course there have been some downsides. Brexit voters knew that would be the case, we have all said so in these threads. You lot haven't admitted the positives of brexit once and that is depsite the fact that Juncker, Von der Leyen and now Barnier have all admitted them in the last year.

Again, you simply cannot argue about Greece Italy and Spain, but you try. Unemployment rates are rising here but declining there - if that's still the case in 10 years time you might have a point. But there will be thousands of Greek/Spanish/Italians in the uK who are here because they couldn't find work in their home countries. I've spoken to them. I would count 2 as genuine friends. They don't particularly WANT to live in the UK, they didn't move here for the weather, they moved here because there are jobs here and those jobs pay much more than anything they could get at home. One of them left a job as a corportate lawyer to move here and started out doing menial work for equivalent money. That's the EU for you. Whilst at home the government put time restrictions on when you could withdraw your own money from your bank. It really is no good. 

It's easy to be pro EU and live in UK/France/Germany. Not so easy when your country is bankrupt, the people making the decisions for you don't actually care about you although they'll chuck you a few crumbs to feed off whilst you are fighting to keep your head above water. Greece and Italy would leave the EU tomorrow....If they could afford it, which they can't. And that's not because the EU is a plentiful fertile land, but because they don't have their own currency to protect them.

👏👏👏

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

So we voted to leave and not be governed by unelected ministers? Are you sure that is not happening right now as well in this country? 

Nice anecdote. 

I assume we will see a Spexit, ITexit and Frexit if you are right, which I expect as usual you are not. 

A lot of words to your post but not much substance, bit like usual really. 

1 hour ago, hillmanhunter said:

They're lying to you. It's the one constant.

spacer.png

Link to the study 

http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/59323/1/CEP_Bell_Fasani_Machin_Crime-and-immigration_2013.pdf

Shows how we are in this mess when facts are out of the window for Sunny and the like as long as the youtube videos tell them we are the edge of the end of the world, they will believe it.