Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

51 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

There are always conditions.  A simple vote on a complex problem is never a good idea, very rarely used in this country unless you know the result beforehand.

Politicians always know the result...... right up to the moment it's announced. :blush:

Advert:

2 hours ago, geosname said:

I gave my response to the question posed by the express you posted.

The rest seems to be a confusion of issues, PPE, scandal, profiteering, tax rises etc etc. If that's your opinion that's fine.

I didn't realise I was mandated to reply to your questions.

I posted my opinion, like it or not, accept it or not, it's what it is.

I've posted my opinion of politicians a few times, in a nutshell..... some I like, some I don't, they all lie

I'll just pop you back on the ignore list. 

Advert:

13 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

There are always conditions.  A simple vote on a complex problem is never a good idea, very rarely used in this country unless you know the result beforehand.

I agree mate, never seen a contract without them.

It makes me wonder if we joined two entities, common market and the EU,  or we joined one and extended the agreement to incorporate the other.

Which raises the question could we stay in the common market or would we have to rejoin....... it starts to get very complicated at that point.

12 hours ago, geosname said:

That's a bit left wing... don't like what someone says so cancel.

Whether you read my answers or not they will still be there.

Tolerance and respect, the well-known bastions of the right wing.

Free will in individual actions, the well-known enemy of conservative and libertarian philosophies.

It's like watching a dog, trying to bite its tail.

5 hours ago, The_godfather said:

Tolerance and respect, the well-known bastions of the right wing.

Free will in individual actions, the well-known enemy of conservative and libertarian philosophies.

It's like watching a dog, trying to bite its tail.

Wow..... you are kicking the hornets nest with that.

Tolerance and respect should be everyone's mantra.

Free will in individual actions, that's a tricky one.

From the political party stance it could be interpreted a number of ways.

My loose interpretation......

Labour seem to want to tell us the state knows best, the rich should pay for the needs of the poor, the state should control and everyone should be equal.

The Tories seem to want to convince us that everyone is individual and can do what we want as equals as long as what we want conforms to what they think we should have.

Bear in mind it's a very loose interpretation. 

• Confused 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, tommytunstall said:

M n S pulling out of France, containers coming into the UK quadrupling in price. Great idea this Brexit 

Only quadrupling in price, lucky us. Prices have increased 547% transporting a container from Shanghai to Rotterdam, which of course is in the EU. 

Soaring demand, saturated ports, shortage of containers, dock workers and ships, and something called Covid-19.

Never mind, carry on grasping at straws, project fear is alive and well.

• Like 2

M&S pulled out of Thailand some time ago.

Tesco are pulling out of Thailand, now they have sold their business interests here to the company they bought it from, Lotus.

Im amused people are surprised prices are increasing, only three things guarantee price decreases. Competition, loss leaders and a fire/closing down sale.

Labour costs increase, material costs increase, transport costs increase, taxes increase....... profits decrease...... prices increase.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jimbo57 said:

Only quadrupling in price, lucky us. Prices have increased 547% transporting a container from Shanghai to Rotterdam, which of course is in the EU. 

Soaring demand, saturated ports, shortage of containers, dock workers and ships, and something called Covid-19.

Never mind, carry on grasping at straws, project fear is alive and well.

Project fear if you’re head is buried in the sand. This is project reality

Advert: