Jump to content

Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?


Aussie Rules
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

Vw ginge 

The EU were telling us how many people we were having from Muslim country’s outside of the EU 

Now they just come on boats so yeah I’ve probably got no chocolate biscuits for no reason 

Were they really? 

I thought we took a lot less refugees (from war torn countries) than the rest of Europe when we were in the EU. How did they get here before if not on boats?  And how does any of this effect your daily life negatively? clearly enough to get you to vote for the 1st or 2nd time? 

Edited by WV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 30/07/2021 at 13:57, For Us All said:

 

Here's a bit more positive news about the economy,which of course as some remainers know is not related to Brexit.Anyway,the OECD forecasts that UK GDP will rise by 7.2% in 2021,the fastest growth since 1941.

Oh dear.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/u-k-gdp-expands-a-mere-0-1-sparking-worries-about-stagflation-11631260433

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, ginge said:

I didn't publish it so I guess that makes my interpretation immaterial too.

Here's an interpretation from a comment on Twitter: 

"The good ship #NHS, being asset-stripped & run down by profiteers, now held afloat by the higher taxes of the poorest workers and the exploitation of low-paid nurses & under-paid carers."

The bottomless pit which as been used as a political football by Labour since they were last in power.

Doesn't seem to have worked too well?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, For Us All said:

The bottomless pit which as been used as a political football by Labour since they were last in power.

Doesn't seem to have worked too well?

How many times has the NHS been restructured since 2010 ? Underfunded since 2010. Social Services funding reduced since 2010. Billions poured into a Test and Trace disaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

How many times has the NHS been restructured since 2010 ? Underfunded since 2010. Social Services funding reduced since 2010. Billions poured into a Test and Trace disaster.

How many times was it restructered between 1997 and 2010?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, For Us All said:

How many times was it restructered between 1997 and 2010?

Doesn`t  matter, it is the last 3 that have increased  waiting times, even before Covid. The New Labour years reduced waiting times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, WV said:

Were they really? 

I thought we took a lot less refugees (from war torn countries) than the rest of Europe when we were in the EU. How did they get here before if not on boats?  And how does any of this effect your daily life negatively? clearly enough to get you to vote for the 1st or 2nd time? 

I’m worried about the future for our kids especially my very young daughter 

I really hope I’m wrong 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

I’m worried about the future for our kids especially my very young daughter 

I really hope I’m wrong 

 

As was your dad and your grandad and great grandad etc. We are ok arent we? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I glad and very fortunate to have had my two bouts of major surgery under a Labour Government, no waiting time and incredible treatment. Unfortunately it is now very different under FUAs Government. They are more interested in making money out of the NHS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

How many times has the NHS been restructured since 2010 ? Underfunded since 2010. Social Services funding reduced since 2010. Billions poured into a Test and Trace disaster.

Underfunded since time began.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Doesn`t  matter, it is the last 3 that have increased  waiting times, even before Covid. The New Labour years reduced waiting times.

No they did not! Conning figures reducing the statistics. Only allowing appointments to be made on the actual day is an easy way to fudge waiting times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Am I glad and very fortunate to have had my two bouts of major surgery under a Labour Government, no waiting time and incredible treatment. Unfortunately it is now very different under FUAs Government. They are more interested in making money out of the NHS

I’ve had major surgery under both governments and both were shambolic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was diagnosed with a 2cm hole in my heart in 2003. I was still waiting in 2006.

I had an accident that caused back and leg pain, I asked the doctor for an X ray, I was told they don't do that any more (odd I know) after several failed attempts to get one I paid privately for an MRI which showed broke L1 and L5, I finally got an appointment at a hospital in Walsall..... when I attended they had lost the MRI so I had to go back to Walsall for another.

A few years ago the doctor sent me for a cat scan because I was urinating blood. A month after the scan I went to the doctor to get results...... none..... after 12 months I gave up asking.

There is much more.

The NHS is a shambles, underfunded and abused but doing what it can when it realises what is needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

No they did not! Conning figures reducing the statistics. Only allowing appointments to be made on the actual day is an easy way to fudge waiting times.

So your saying the nhs is in no worse a state than under labour   I think you reading to much Tory propaganda 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, philpvfc said:

No they did not! Conning figures reducing the statistics. Only allowing appointments to be made on the actual day is an easy way to fudge waiting times.

I was talking hospital waiting times not doctor appointments which I can make weeks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

So your saying the nhs is in no worse a state than under labour   I think you reading to much Tory propaganda 

I think the NHS has been a shambles since I remember, maybe getting worse now, I don’t know but I certainly don’t remember it getting any better when Labour were last in control. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...