Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

11 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

Vw ginge 

The EU were telling us how many people we were having from Muslim country’s outside of the EU 

Now they just come on boats so yeah I’ve probably got no chocolate biscuits for no reason 

Were they really? 

I thought we took a lot less refugees (from war torn countries) than the rest of Europe when we were in the EU. How did they get here before if not on boats?  And how does any of this effect your daily life negatively? clearly enough to get you to vote for the 1st or 2nd time? 

Edited by WV

On 30/07/2021 at 13:57, For Us All said:

Here's a bit more positive news about the economy,which of course as some remainers know is not related to Brexit.Anyway,the OECD forecasts that UK GDP will rise by 7.2% in 2021,the fastest growth since 1941.

Oh dear.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/u-k-gdp-expands-a-mere-0-1-sparking-worries-about-stagflation-11631260433

17 hours ago, ginge said:

I didn't publish it so I guess that makes my interpretation immaterial too.

Here's an interpretation from a comment on Twitter: 

"The good ship #NHS, being asset-stripped & run down by profiteers, now held afloat by the higher taxes of the poorest workers and the exploitation of low-paid nurses & under-paid carers."

The bottomless pit which as been used as a political football by Labour since they were last in power.

Doesn't seem to have worked too well?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, For Us All said:

The bottomless pit which as been used as a political football by Labour since they were last in power.

Doesn't seem to have worked too well?

How many times has the NHS been restructured since 2010 ? Underfunded since 2010. Social Services funding reduced since 2010. Billions poured into a Test and Trace disaster.

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

How many times has the NHS been restructured since 2010 ? Underfunded since 2010. Social Services funding reduced since 2010. Billions poured into a Test and Trace disaster.

How many times was it restructered between 1997 and 2010?

26 minutes ago, For Us All said:

How many times was it restructered between 1997 and 2010?

Doesn`t  matter, it is the last 3 that have increased  waiting times, even before Covid. The New Labour years reduced waiting times.

8 hours ago, WV said:

Were they really? 

I thought we took a lot less refugees (from war torn countries) than the rest of Europe when we were in the EU. How did they get here before if not on boats?  And how does any of this effect your daily life negatively? clearly enough to get you to vote for the 1st or 2nd time? 

I’m worried about the future for our kids especially my very young daughter 

I really hope I’m wrong 

3 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

I’m worried about the future for our kids especially my very young daughter 

I really hope I’m wrong 

As was your dad and your grandad and great grandad etc. We are ok arent we? 

Am I glad and very fortunate to have had my two bouts of major surgery under a Labour Government, no waiting time and incredible treatment. Unfortunately it is now very different under FUAs Government. They are more interested in making money out of the NHS

23 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Underfunded since time began.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Doesn`t  matter, it is the last 3 that have increased  waiting times, even before Covid. The New Labour years reduced waiting times.

No they did not! Conning figures reducing the statistics. Only allowing appointments to be made on the actual day is an easy way to fudge waiting times.

12 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Am I glad and very fortunate to have had my two bouts of major surgery under a Labour Government, no waiting time and incredible treatment. Unfortunately it is now very different under FUAs Government. They are more interested in making money out of the NHS

I’ve had major surgery under both governments and both were shambolic. 

I was diagnosed with a 2cm hole in my heart in 2003. I was still waiting in 2006.

I had an accident that caused back and leg pain, I asked the doctor for an X ray, I was told they don't do that any more (odd I know) after several failed attempts to get one I paid privately for an MRI which showed broke L1 and L5, I finally got an appointment at a hospital in Walsall..... when I attended they had lost the MRI so I had to go back to Walsall for another.

A few years ago the doctor sent me for a cat scan because I was urinating blood. A month after the scan I went to the doctor to get results...... none..... after 12 months I gave up asking.

There is much more.

The NHS is a shambles, underfunded and abused but doing what it can when it realises what is needed.

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

No they did not! Conning figures reducing the statistics. Only allowing appointments to be made on the actual day is an easy way to fudge waiting times.

So your saying the nhs is in no worse a state than under labour   I think you reading to much Tory propaganda 

3 hours ago, philpvfc said:

I was talking hospital waiting times not doctor appointments which I can make weeks in advance.

5 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

So your saying the nhs is in no worse a state than under labour   I think you reading to much Tory propaganda 

I think the NHS has been a shambles since I remember, maybe getting worse now, I don’t know but I certainly don’t remember it getting any better when Labour were last in control. 

• Like 1