Jump to content

Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?


Aussie Rules
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Tony Rodriguez said:

Nonsense. I was born here and have lived my whole life here. I like it and am happy to tell people as much.

Why do have to wave the Union Jack or worship the Queen to be patriotic?

We have freedom of speech and thought. That is one of the joys of being British.

 

 

First and foremost I am English,  I was born in England and my birth was registered in England. 

The fàct that England is part of the British isles, Great Britain or the United  Kingdom does not affect my country of birth.

I respect the cross of St George as the flag of England  and the Union flag as the flag of the United Kingdoms.

Proud of what my country has done well and saddened by the things it did wrong.

Not a royalist but given the choice between a benign monarch or an elected politician I would choose a monarch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Or hardly vote at all in sunny’s case!!

I’ve never really been botheread about politics I’ve just got on with life but seeing how stoke has changed over my life and finally grown up im obviously concerned what’s it’s going be like in another lifetime especially with no border controls coming in from country’s that have hardly any respect for women 

Hopefully there all trying to escape that way of life and I’ve been brainwashed by farage 

Edited by sunny boslem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, geosname said:

My interpretation would be immaterial it's the publishers intent that's factual. That's why I asked the question.

Is that what you meant it to be?

I didn't publish it so I guess that makes my interpretation immaterial too.

Here's an interpretation from a comment on Twitter: 

"The good ship #NHS, being asset-stripped & run down by profiteers, now held afloat by the higher taxes of the poorest workers and the exploitation of low-paid nurses & under-paid carers."

Edited by ginge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ginge said:

I didn't publish it so I guess that makes my interpretation immaterial too.

Here's an interpretation from a comment on Twitter: 

"The good ship #NHS, being asset-stripped & run down by profiteers, now held afloat by the higher taxes of the poorest workers and the exploitation of low-paid nurses & under-paid carers."

You published it on here so it's your intent that counts.... I have no interest in Twitter, don't use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

I’ve never really been botheread about politics I’ve just got on with life but seeing how stoke has changed over my life and finally grown up im obviously concerned what’s it’s going be like in another lifetime especially with no border controls coming in from country’s that have hardly any respect for women 

Hopefully there all trying to escape that way of life and I’ve been brainwashed by farage 

How was brexit going to help with your concern? By no respect for women I assume you mean those in Muslim countries? Not how I see it but that's by the by. How many muslim countries in the EU? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WV said:

How was brexit going to help with your concern? By no respect for women I assume you mean those in Muslim countries? Not how I see it but that's by the by. How many muslim countries in the EU? 

Just to add to that WV there are plenty of English people who don't have any respect for women. And we had control over immigration from "muslim countries" not in the EU before brexit Sunny? Brexit won't change that. 

Also didn't you vote for Boris @sunny boslem? His comments on women in the past are not very respectful

Edited by ginge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...