• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

You know what, I've held my tongue on this for a while now but I have to say you're one of the most vile, racist, myopic <ovf censored> I've ever seen posting on here. I work with a family who fled terrible abuse in Iraq. The mum is covered in scars from the beatings (and boiling water) dished out by her husband. The husband also beat their son so badly that he dies of his injuries. Next on his list of people to abuse was the 15 yr old daughter so they fled the country. They ended up in the UK, had to be moved from one property as it was four floors up and posed too great a suicide risk for the mum. I have worked with the family for over a year now and have never heard the mum speak as she spends most of her time shaking and clawing at her face. She has psychotic visions of her son and ex. Even Freedom From Torture currently state that she isn't in any state to be offered any kind of therapy.  The family were homed for a few months until their status was confirmed and the Home Office granted them Humanitarian Protection. They were then moved again and are now in a hostel. They have a few quid a week for food and bills. The daughter wants to study English and to become a doctor so she can provide for her mum and give something back to the country that, in her words, "saved her". In just one visit with this family, they show more humanity, courage, compassion and decency than the likes of you and your nasty bigoted minds will ever be capable of. 

Edited by mr.hobblesworth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Advert:

1 hour ago, sunny boslem said:

What?? 

no kids on there 

How have these very young kids got across Europe never mind the channel 😂 

More brainwashing by the bbc 

They were with family members. You really must start looking at alternative sources of news in addition to the sainted Nigel. He doesn’t always tell the full story you know. 

Edited by Jacko51
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

Now your pissing me off you <ovf censored> 

Ive stated before women and children escaping violent men in a <ovf censored> hole country I have no problem with 

100s of people crossing the ocean into our country illegally are not women and kids like u point out there <ovf censored> grown men who for all we know might be going into a concert next and blowing our kids up 

you keep calling me racist you go find where I have mentione colour once? 
Cock 

So just sexist then? Women and kids ok, men should stay and die for their country should they? I love how you expect others to die for their country when you wouldn't even follow your government guidelines over covid, <ovf censored> knows what youd be like in a war, useless I imagine. Do as you say, not as you do eh! You don't have to mention colour to be outed as a racist, the rest of your drivel has done that succinctly for you. 

Edited by WV
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Advert:

19 hours ago, WV said:

So just sexist then? Women and kids ok, men should stay and die for their country should they? I love how you expect others to die for their country when you wouldn't even follow your government guidelines over covid, <ovf censored> knows what youd be like in a war, useless I imagine. Do as you say, not as you do eh! You don't have to mention colour to be outed as a racist, the rest of your drivel has done that succinctly for you. 

What the <ovf censored> are u on about? 

On 30/07/2021 at 10:42, For Us All said:

Meanwhile,the IMF forecasts that the UK will have the fastest economy rebound of 7% and beat all other nations due to our world-leading vaccination programme.

Why is the UKs vaccination program World leading? Just wondering why this rhetoric is still being pushed as factual? 

On 30/07/2021 at 23:11, sunny boslem said:

Great Britain news breath of fresh hair to your mainstream brainwash <ovf censored> 

I really don't want a breath of fresh hair, no matter what shampoo was used. 

There is some real wombles on here isn't there. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Because we were the first country in the world to authorise the use the vaccine which is factual.

Yep.  But the rest of the world couldn't access the supply, because the UK had cornered the market.  Which is great for the UK, but as long as there were inadequate controls over incomers (20,000 by air a day, inc from India at the height of their wave) then the UK's magnificent vaccination effort was a bit of a waste of time, wasn't it?  Which is why the DELTA variant, originating from India, spread so rapidly in the UK, particularly in the North West.  And subsequently on to France, also from the UK. 

The vaccine take up in some countries is frightening (the Olympics are being held in a country with less than 30% vaccinated, and the virus is raging there), and the world will not get this virus under control till the WORLD is vaccinated, not just the UK. 

• Like 1

Advert:

I think you're forgetting that the UK funded the Oxford University team and oversaw the tie up with Astra Zeneca. The UK then started mass vaccination in early December, the EU on the other hand only approved the vaccine in late January. So it wasn't that the UK had cornered the market - it was that the UK was the only market.

The EU then changed their minds time and time again saying it wasn't safe, or wasn't safe for over 65's or shouldn't be given to under 18's. Then they decided they wanted extra supplies, following this they again changed their minds, etc etc etc. It was just chaotic, meanwhile the UK were quietly getting on with vaccinating as fast as they could.

I'm not a number one fan of Boris, but in this case he and his advisors, got it 100% right, unlike those across the Channel

On 30/07/2021 at 21:53, sunny boslem said:

What?? 

no kids on there 

How have these very young kids got across Europe never mind the channel 😂 

More brainwashing by the bbc 

More like farage the brainwashing the uneducated, scared and unwashed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8685019/Dozens-migrants-including-women-children-make-dangerous-Channel-crossing.html

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jul/20/record-number-of-migrants-cross-channel-in-one-day

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-09-10/women-and-children-among-22-migrants-picked-up-off-uk-coast

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-50675782

You're being had by farage and the gb news crew. Picked off as vulnerable and easy to manipulate. 

10 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

I think you're forgetting that the UK funded the Oxford University team and oversaw the tie up with Astra Zeneca. The UK then started mass vaccination in early December, the EU on the other hand only approved the vaccine in late January. So it wasn't that the UK had cornered the market - it was that the UK was the only market.

The EU then changed their minds time and time again saying it wasn't safe, or wasn't safe for over 65's or shouldn't be given to under 18's. Then they decided they wanted extra supplies, following this they again changed their minds, etc etc etc. It was just chaotic, meanwhile the UK were quietly getting on with vaccinating as fast as they could.

I'm not a number one fan of Boris, but in this case he and his advisors, got it 100% right, unlike those across the Channel

How did Hungary as part of the EU manage to also begin  mass vaccination at the same time then? 

48 minutes ago, WV said:

How did Hungary as part of the EU manage to also begin  mass vaccination at the same time then? 

Apparently it was up to the individual leaders of the country’s if they wanted to forge ahead with the vaccines not the EU that’s why brexit had nothing to do with us getting people vaccinated despite what Doris said 

Advert:

Isn't the AZ vaccine basically rubbish? Less than 200 antibodies per 100ml of blood after 10 weeks.

Rushed out to the first, blocked EU countries of receiving it and now being considerably overtaken by the EU with the BioNtec vaccine that has over 3000 antibodies per 100ml

I totally bought into the rhetoric in January also, but it's becoming evidently clear it's another tory spin. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Emile said:

Isn't the AZ vaccine basically rubbish? Less than 200 antibodies per 100ml of blood after 10 weeks.

Rushed out to the first, blocked EU countries of receiving it and now being considerably overtaken by the EU with the BioNtec vaccine that has over 3000 antibodies per 100ml

I totally bought into the rhetoric in January also, but it's becoming evidently clear it's another tory spin. 

If it's rubbish why is the EU taking legal action against AZ as claims not enough AZ vaccines have been supplied?

• Haha 1