Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

You cannot believe everything everyone says…..I visited a retailer back in February at the height of when they were saying shelves were empty because of Brexit, he was complaining that his fruit and veg wasn’t coming through because of Brexit and not being able to get it in from Europe, I had a look and true, he had 12 items missing out of about 20. I visited him the next week and all were back in stock, out of the 12 items, 2 were from EU countries l the rest were British or South American. The thing is, how many will he have told who go away believing that to be true, just like WVs case, believe what you want to believe. 

14 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

I’ve just watched a report by farage saying don’t believe a word miss Patel is telling us illegal immigration is still happening over 600 people entered this country illegally last weekend on boats that used to be dingys but according to u guys we got no veg pickers truck drivers etc 🤷🏿‍♂️ 

So what's the excuse for not controlling our borders? Why can't we stop these illegal immigrants?

According to us? Do you deny the lorry driver and veg picker shortage? Do you expect us to give the 600 from the rubber dingys the job? I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make?

And if you believe Farage you'll believe anything. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ginge said:

So what's the excuse for not controlling our borders? Why can't we stop these illegal immigrants?

According to us? Do you deny the lorry driver and veg picker shortage? Do you expect us to give the 600 from the rubber dingys the job? I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make?

And if you believe Farage you'll believe anything. 

I believe farage more than I believe u 

• Confused 1

Brexit bill is only 40.8 billion 
What a bargain! And that's just the divorce payment to the EU. Let's add in the many tens of billions for many thousands of staff recruited to try and prepare for Brexit and then implement it afterwards. Oh, and while we're at it, let's leave one of the largest trading areas in the world, 21 miles from our shores, where we could trade for free.

You couldn't make it up.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

What a bargain! And that's just the divorce payment to the EU. Let's add in the many tens of billions for many thousands of staff recruited to try and prepare for Brexit and then implement it afterwards. Oh, and while we're at it, let's leave one of the largest trading areas in the world, 21 miles from our shores, where we could trade for free.

You couldn't make it up.

But they did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 15/07/2021 at 16:33, ginge said:

Germany has now administered more vaccines than the UK.

So that's 2 of your 3 big benefits squashed.

Not quite,the Germans have only managed to fully vaccinate 46% of their population whereas we have fully vaccinated 53.6% of the UK.

3 hours ago, For Us All said:

Not quite,the Germans have only managed to fully vaccinate 46% of their population whereas we have fully vaccinated 53.6% of the UK.

The last time I counted Germany had 17million more people that UK. On the current trajectory they are doing better than us. Suspect Doris has thrown the towel in on the COVID fight here.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

Uk give France 54 million to step up security on the beaches there side on talk sport news today 

sorry for swearing but what the <ovf censored> is that all about 

Politics is what it is all about. It will not stop people trying to get here. It would be so much cheaper and safer to let them get on a ferry or Eurostar but that would cause uproar. This is political golddust for the Tories and Farage. They sure as hell do not want it sorted, the longer it carries on the better for them.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

Uk give France 54 million to step up security on the beaches there side on talk sport news today 

sorry for swearing but what the <ovf censored> is that all about 

For the same reason there are French border staff manning a European border crossing in Folkestone, it's a joint operation.

Edited by Doha