Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

5 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

So why aren’t people allowed into the country to work as bar staff at the moment??

It would be difficult as we now have a points based system and although there is ways round it they need to be earning more than £26000, which unless you are in London then there isn’t much chance of earning that.

if there really is a shortage of bar staff or fruit pickers (which I don’t think there is) then it needs to be addressed. 

Advert:

2 hours ago, The_godfather said:

Do you know how the Australian system works? In practice, not in theory. Not in a "they have a points based system, that sounds reasonable" kind of way. I'm genuinely interested to know. People, particularly those who advocate it, seem to cite it as an example of a good system without any evidence of whether it works, is good, bad or indifferent.

I have a reasonable understanding in the fact that everyone who applies for citizenship goes for a points based system judged on age, wealth and occupation. Australia is a desirable country to live in yet they have kept immigration under control and have a firm control on who is allowed to settle there. 

4 hours ago, philpvfc said:

The reason why I accused you of being the recently banned Nofinikea is because you stated “all racists voted for Brexit” which he stated shortly before he was banned and as you had only made less than a dozen or so comments at the time it did seem you 2 were the same for which you decided to attack and insult me via private messages.

Again more false claims from you. I did not attack or insult you. 

2 minutes ago, ginge said:

Again more false claims from you. I did not attack or insult you. 

I think you did.....started private messaging me saying that leave campaigners are law breakers etc.

Stick to open forums to express your opinions.

Just now, philpvfc said:

I think you did.....started private messaging me saying that leave campaigners are law breakers etc.

Stick to open forums to express your opinions.

And maybe stick to the facts and don't make false accusations without any evidence 

Advert:

11 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

So why aren’t people allowed into the country to work as bar staff at the moment??

Green list Green watchlist and upcoming changes to the green list
Australia  
Brunei  
Falkland Islands  
Faroe Islands  
Gibraltar  
Iceland  
Israel and Jerusalem  

New Zealand

1 hour ago, hillmanhunter said:

Today's story (UK Food exporters are giving up). Brexit fans, feel free to post some good news on here. The 50 jobs in Wigan or trade deals with Narnia or whatever.

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/food-exporters-set-to-permanently-cut-ties-with-eu-due-to-brexit/656707.article#.YLmxobFZFPY.twitter

Plenty of vacancies at Wetherspoons.

Advert:

3 hours ago, hillmanhunter said:

Today's story (UK Food exporters are giving up). Brexit fans, feel free to post some good news on here. The 50 jobs in Wigan or trade deals with Narnia or whatever.

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/food-exporters-set-to-permanently-cut-ties-with-eu-due-to-brexit/656707.article#.YLmxobFZFPY.twitter

Today’s story there thinking of giving up on a small percentage of there trade because of Italy and Spain making it hard work by changing rules 

Have a good days hunting 

Just shows the bureaucracy of dealing with the EU and how other countries would have had to put up with when dealing with us when we were members. Another example of how the EU is a shambles and we are better out of it.

42 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

Today’s story there thinking of giving up on a small percentage of there trade because of Italy and Spain making it hard work by changing rules 

Have a good days hunting 

These are 3rd country rules. Not new rules. Sorry.

9 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Just shows the bureaucracy of dealing with the EU and how other countries would have had to put up with when dealing with us when we were members. Another example of how the EU is a shambles and we are better out of it.

Let me fix that for you.

Just shows the bureaucracy of dealing with the EU as a 3rd country and how other 3rd countries would have had to put up with when dealing with us when we were members. 

Advert:

2 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

Have a good days hunting 

Lovely weather again sunny,hope you are having a great day.

11 minutes ago, For Us All said:

More good news,whisky sales will be boosted when tariffs are slashed in Britain's trade deal with Australia.🥃👍

Which industry is bigger for us FUA? 

Farming or Whisky?

Oh wait... I found it.

Farming contributes £120bn

Whisky contributes.... £4.25bn that's a bit less isnt it? 

https://www.fwi.co.uk/news/farm-policy/farmers-to-protest-against-australia-tariff-free-trade-deal

Wasn't there a GUARANTEE that standards on food coming into the country would DEFINITELY not be lower than those here already.

All together now... LIES LIES LIES