Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

16 hours ago, geosname said:

What he wants and what he gets may be polls apart.

Think of the backlash if it was compulsory and 20% of the voting public turned up to vote without one and got turned away.

An I.D. card with a photo, name, DoB is simple enough. Anything more is an invasion and problematic.  

Wait till you hear about driving licences. 

Advert:

10 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Once again... someone with opposing views as you is a fruitcake. Surprised you’ve not called him a racist!

The opposing views are in his own head. He campaigned for Brexit and now doesn't like it and wants to relax immigration. If that's not a fruitcake then I don't know what is.

• Like 1

Advert:

4 hours ago, hillmanhunter said:

The opposing views are in his own head. He campaigned for Brexit and now doesn't like it and wants to relax immigration. If that's not a fruitcake then I don't know what is.

You only need to google it!

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/fruitcake-recipes

He campaigned for Brexit, yes which included leaving free movement and when he has ever said he has changed his mind on this......never, just like the tabloids, you are twisting what he is requesting, just like your stupid comment on not knowing what he voted for! Total arrogance the remoaners have adopted thinking that anyone who voted for the winning result didn’t know what they voted for.

keep on moaning all you like- we are out of the EU which is great  

3 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

You only need to google it!

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/fruitcake-recipes

He campaigned for Brexit, yes which included leaving free movement and when he has ever said he has changed his mind on this......never, just like the tabloids, you are twisting what he is requesting, just like your stupid comment on not knowing what he voted for! Total arrogance the remoaners have adopted thinking that anyone who voted for the winning result didn’t know what they voted for.

keep on moaning all you like- we are out of the EU which is great  

It looks to me like Martin is disappointed that he is having trouble recruiting staff because of Brexit. If he thought this would happen and still voted for it then he is nuts. If he didn’t think it would happen then he didn’t know what he was voting for. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jacko51 said:

It looks to me like Martin is disappointed that he is having trouble recruiting staff because of Brexit. If he thought this would happen and still voted for it then he is nuts. If he didn’t think it would happen then he didn’t know what he was voting for. 

Rubbish..... he is asking that EU migrants be allowed in to the country to work as bar staff, which is perfectly reasonable. Those who voted for Brexit in a whole wanted controllable immigration which means a control on the numbers and preferably for the jobs that need immigration which in Martins opinion should include bar work. Weather the Government agrees to this is another matter but I am totally for immigration based on a points basis which should include jobs that the U.K. has a need for,  very similar to how Australia works. 

Advert:

12 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Rubbish..... he is asking that EU migrants be allowed in to the country to work as bar staff, which is perfectly reasonable. Those who voted for Brexit in a whole wanted controllable immigration which means a control on the numbers and preferably for the jobs that need immigration which in Martins opinion should include bar work. Weather the Government agrees to this is another matter but I am totally for immigration based on a points basis which should include jobs that the U.K. has a need for,  very similar to how Australia works. 

Watch this.

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Do you know how the Australian system works? In practice, not in theory. Not in a "they have a points based system, that sounds reasonable" kind of way. I'm genuinely interested to know. People, particularly those who advocate it, seem to cite it as an example of a good system without any evidence of whether it works, is good, bad or indifferent.

The reality about philpvfc is they make false claims and provide no evidence to back them up . I.e claiming I am a banned poster in disguise despite being a posting member for a number of years and never being banned. Also by claiming I call anyone who voted brexit a racist which is false when I was talking about one person (Farage) being a racist and didn't mention the fact he voted brexit as a reason for why I think he is racist. 

Also philpvfc has floored contradictory logic. I.e make claims that having a foreign partner means you can't be racist (this point being floored) yet themself calling Jeremy Corbyn racist despite him having a foreign partner (therefore the contradiction). 

Advert:

Just now, ginge said:

The reality about philpvfc is they make false claims and provide no evidence to back them up . I.e claiming I am a banned poster in disguise despite being a posting member for a number of years and never being banned. Also by claiming I call anyone who voted brexit a racist which is false when I was talking about one person (Farage) being a racist and didn't mention the fact he voted brexit as a reason for why I think he is racist. 

Also philpvfc has floored contradictory logic. I.e make claims that having a foreign partner means you can't be racist (this point being floored) yet themself calling Jeremy Corbyn racist despite him having a foreign partner (therefore the contradiction). 

And the sad problem is there are genuine issues which require genuine discussion i.e racism and some people are happy to brush them off

1 hour ago, ginge said:

The reason why I accused you of being the recently banned Nofinikea is because you stated “all racists voted for Brexit” which he stated shortly before he was banned and as you had only made less than a dozen or so comments at the time it did seem you 2 were the same for which you decided to attack and insult me via private messages.