• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

3 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Most EU countries have compulsory ID systems. Blair attempted to introduce one but it was opposed by the Conservative Party. The simple way of checking whether someone is in a country illegally.

I never had a problem with I.D. cards, my problem was the amount of information they wanted to put on them and the produce on demand implications.

Advert:

1 hour ago, geosname said:

I never had a problem with I.D. cards, my problem was the amount of information they wanted to put on them and the produce on demand implications.

But now the Home Secretary wants voters to prove their photographic  identity, if you do not travel abroad or drive, it  reduces options

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

But now the Home Secretary wants voters to prove their photographic  identity, if you do not travel abroad or drive, it  reduces options

What he wants and what he gets may be polls apart.

Think of the backlash if it was compulsory and 20% of the voting public turned up to vote without one and got turned away.

An I.D. card with a photo, name, DoB is simple enough. Anything more is an invasion and problematic.  

37 minutes ago, geosname said:

Think of the backlash if it was compulsory and 20% of the voting public turned up to vote without one and got turned away.

An I.D. card with a photo, name, DoB is simple enough. Anything more is an invasion and problematic.  

Switzerland has resident registration at the local authority (as does Germany) and identity cards and has probably the best privacy laws in The World. 

Germany kicks out EU immigrants after 3 months if they're not self sufficient. They can do this because they have ID cards.

Advert:

Thought the home secretary was a woman ?

1 hour ago, Mario said:
2 hours ago, geosname said:

Thought the home secretary was a woman ?

You may say that, I couldn't possibly comment.

Advert:

7 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

So you now seem to think that both the Guardian and the BBC are worthy sources to support your argument?  U turn!!

And your point is?  I quoted comments from the Labour Party manifesto itself to support my "argument" but just couldn't be assed to post the link.

25 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

And your point is?  I quoted comments from the Labour Party manifesto itself to support my "argument" but just couldn't be assed to post the link.

My point is that you have an aversion to “left wing” media but seem to approve of it when it suits you. 

19 hours ago, hillmanhunter said:

Tim knew exactly what he voted for.  Oh, hang on. 

tim1.jpg

tim2.jpg

The guy is a fruitcake. We can all do him a favour by not drinking in their dumps and then they won't need as many staff. It's no wonder people don't want to work for him after how he treated them.

3 hours ago, ginge said:

The guy is a fruitcake. We can all do him a favour by not drinking in their dumps and then they won't need as many staff. It's no wonder people don't want to work for him after how he treated them.

Once again... someone with opposing views as you is a fruitcake. Surprised you’ve not called him a racist!

8 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Once again... someone with opposing views as you is a fruitcake. Surprised you’ve not called him a racist!

Why are you suprised I've not called him a racist?

Advert:

4 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Because you throw the card around....anyone who supported Brexit. 

That's a lie. Please provide evidence for your false claim. Like when you claimed i was a previously banned poster. 

8 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

My point is that you have an aversion to “left wing” media but seem to approve of it when it suits you. 

I don't have an aversion to left wing media, I watch the ABC World and Local news on tv every night. I am critical of some of the news they refrain from covering, particularly in the USA.