• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

Advert:

5 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

This caused brexit we have only got drive through parts of this country to realise it needed/needs to be slowed down 

How do you tell just by driving through somewhere if "it needs to be slowed down"?

3 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

😂

you must live a sheltered life or live in the countryside somewhere 

I live in the city, i work in a very busy place where I see hundreds of different people each day, from millionaire footballers to council estate working class people. If anyone is sheltered it's you Sunny. 

Advert:

9 hours ago, WV said:

Not really. Id rather we didn't take anyone with a criminal record much like America reject anyone with a criminal record. 

Based on the above post you're for legal immigration which I think most people are, but you're against illegal immigration which most people are. You're previous posts implied the UK should have an open door policy.

The issue with illegal immigration is that nothing is usually known about the background of the immigrant(s), whether they have a criminal record or not.

If people are concerned about the number of immigrants coming to the UK under Boris (And I'm no Boris fan) just think of the number that may have come if labor had got in.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Based on the above post you're for legal immigration which I think most people are, but you're against illegal immigration which most people are. You're previous posts implied the UK should have an open door policy.

The issue with illegal immigration is that nothing is usually known about the background of the immigrant(s), whether they have a criminal record or not.

If people are concerned about the number of immigrants coming to the UK under Boris (And I'm no Boris fan) just think of the number that may have come if labor had got in.

So remind me what the Labour policy was on immigration?

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Ahead of the manifesto launch, Jeremy Corbyn said he would want his government to allow “a great deal of movement” of people in a sign Labour would want a liberal immigration policy overall. So in effect a "Joe Biden come on down policy" which has created utter chaos on the Southern Border of the USA.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/nov/17/jeremy-corbyn-immigration-policy-would-allow-lot-of-movement

13 hours ago, WV said:

Anyone who voted Leave over immigration from outside the EU is clearly a moron. 

7 hours ago, WV said:

I live in the city, i work in a very busy place where I see hundreds of different people each day, from millionaire footballers to council estate working class people. If anyone is sheltered it's you Sunny. 

Many of your comments imply otherwise. 

Advert:

3 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

They have none, other than to increase the amount of people let in. If the last Labour Government is anything to go by the we will see mass immigration.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Check the manifesto for the actual policy. No free movement. Anyway, that link you posted was from The Guardian - a left wing rag which tells lies!

The manifesto just trots out a load of aimless waffle on immigration which leaves Labour with the option of doing just about anything. I was particularly "impressed" with the opening phrase, "Labour offers......reasonable management of migration", what does that even mean.

The phrase, "No free movement" refers to immigration from the EU which has been declining since 2016 but offers nothing practical on immigration from non-EU countries which has risen to it's highest level since 1875 when the information was first gathered.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-52752656

3 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

The manifesto just trots out a load of aimless waffle on immigration which leaves Labour with the option of doing just about anything. I was particularly "impressed" with the opening phrase, "Labour offers......reasonable management of migration", what does that even mean.

The phrase, "No free movement" refers to immigration from the EU which has been declining since 2016 but offers nothing practical on immigration from non-EU countries which has risen to it's highest level since 1875 when the information was first gathered.

If you don't tell people what you are going to do you can't be accused of failing.

The other political ploy is telling people what you will do but don't tell them where the funding will come from or how much it actually costs.

4 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

I think it means they'll ensure Wetherspoons have enough staff.

"The phrase, "No free movement" refers to immigration from the EU"

Not for my family it doesn't.

Advert:

They have none, other than to increase the amount of people let in. If the last Labour Government is anything to go by the we will see mass immigration.
Most EU countries have compulsory ID systems. Blair attempted to introduce one but it was opposed by the Conservative Party. The simple way of checking whether someone is in a country illegally.

On 31/05/2021 at 16:20, philpvfc said:

Totally....the whole idea of seeking asylum is keeping you and your family safe and yes they should stay in the first safe country they have arrived. If they wish to move to another afterwards they should go through the proper process. You cannot just pick and choose which country you live in, e.g. if you want to move to the US or Australia then you have to go through the proper channels and you won’t get any benefits in the US without a green card which is difficult to get hold of.

Well,we seem to be doing our bit in SOT with 1,010 asylum seekers living in the city,the fifth highest rate in the UK.

7 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

So you now seem to think that both the Guardian and the BBC are worthy sources to support your argument?  U turn!!