• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

The EU system is useless. Most EU countries are taking in a lot more immigrants than we have and immigration is worse problem in countries like France. We are out of the EU now so we need to operate a system that works for us.
The EU system works perfectly well within the EU, people move around for work and study. Immigration is required due to the low birth rate in Europe, also economical to import skilled workers from abroad in the UK. Asylum is a different matter, until wars and persecution are reduced it will remain a problem. Climate change will become a bigger driver in the future.

Advert:

45 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Maybe I am lucky to be born in Britain but I tried to move to the States 14 years ago but could not get a green card, so I do not have the choice where I can live. 
Good job the population does not think the same as you with an open border. 

Why did you want to move to the states? 

Why were you rejected?

Why are you so vocal against people trying to do what you yourself did 14 years ago? 

More than slightly hypocritical wouldn't you say? 

Seems you want to be able to go where YOU want to go but not let others have the same privilege as you. 

Edited by WV

I was seeing an American girl and wanted to pursue the relationship if you really want to know but I accept the fact I could not get a green card and subsequently the relationship ended. This country cannot cope with an open border. 

I was seeing an American girl and wanted to pursue the relationship if you really want to know but I accept the fact I could not get a green card and subsequently the relationship ended. This country cannot cope with an open border. 
We have never had an open border.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
58 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Under Boris they have been more porous than ever   

Advert:

55 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

We were told how many we were having so more or less we did have a open border 

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:
1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

It’s what WV implies we should have. 

Advert:

3 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Narrow escape for the lass. 

• Like 1

For decades immigration to this country was higher from countries outside the EU than it was from those inside and we made little or not effort to control it.  Also, we were never part of Schengen so we never had open borders with the EU despite what people on here seem to think. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

For decades immigration to this country was higher from countries outside the EU than it was from those inside and we made little or not effort to control it.  Also, we were never part of Schengen so we never had open borders with the EU despite what people on here seem to think. 

Suppose our governments were to embarrassed to tell us how they had been behaving over the years and letting farage get away with telling the country the EU control us 

This caused brexit we have only got drive through parts of this country to realise it needed/needs to be slowed down 

1 hour ago, sunny boslem said:

Suppose our governments were to embarrassed to tell us how they had been behaving over the years and letting farage get away with telling the country the EU control us 

This caused brexit we have only got drive through parts of this country to realise it needed/needs to be slowed down 

Which parts would they be then? 

10 hours ago, philpvfc said:

It’s what WV implies we should have. 

Not really. Id rather we didn't take anyone with a criminal record much like America reject anyone with a criminal record. 

Advert:

1 hour ago, sunny boslem said:

Get away with?  You mean telling us something that wasn’t true??