Jump to content

  • OVF player sponsorship 2022

    £10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?


Aussie Rules
 Share

Recommended Posts

Advert:


I have no idea why they are coming in but it’s pretty clear, despite all the promises to controlour borders, they are coming in unchecked and with no requirement or quarantine. Not the best idea the government has had. 

Racist. 

Edited by philpvfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


1 hour ago, sunny boslem said:

It’s over half 

So why have the government done bugger all about controlling immigration if the majority of the country, in your opinion, want it.  And why, in particular, have they done bugger all about controlling our borders during the pandemic.  Seems Boris doesn't care what the majority of the country want.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

So why have the government done bugger all about controlling immigration if the majority of the country, in your opinion, want it.  And why, in particular, have they done bugger all about controlling our borders during the pandemic.  Seems Boris doesn't care what the majority of the country want.

I agree with you but we are both racist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hillmanhunter said:

What controls do you want?

Control on numbers,

Points scoring basis on those let in

Only allow asylum seekers the right to go through the process system if not travelled from a safe country and returned immediately if they have  

No access to free NHS or any Government hand outs for 2 years unless they are an asylum seeker qualifying from above  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Control on numbers,

Points scoring basis on those let in

Only allow asylum seekers the right to go through the process system if not travelled from a safe country and returned immediately if they have  

No access to free NHS or any Government hand outs for 2 years unless they are an asylum seeker qualifying from above  

 

What do you class as a safe country? 

What do you want them to do when they are ill while in this country? Leave them to die on the street? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Control on numbers,
Points scoring basis on those let in
Only allow asylum seekers the right to go through the process system if not travelled from a safe country and returned immediately if they have  
No access to free NHS or any Government hand outs for 2 years unless they are an asylum seeker qualifying from above  
 
You can only have control on numbers if number controls are used. We never used the EU system, any reason to believe any other system will be more used.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, WV said:

What do you class as a safe country? 

What do you want them to do when they are ill while in this country? Leave them to die on the street? 

 

 

A safe country is somewhere that they are not claiming asylum. Why should they escape the country which is supposed to be a danger to them and them be allowed to travel through half a dozen countries until they get to where they choose to be and then illegally enter that country?

You won’t get free medical treatment In most countries, you have to pay for it and we should do the same but no, emergency treatment should be given.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
1 hour ago, philpvfc said:
Control on numbers,
Points scoring basis on those let in
Only allow asylum seekers the right to go through the process system if not travelled from a safe country and returned immediately if they have  
No access to free NHS or any Government hand outs for 2 years unless they are an asylum seeker qualifying from above  
 

You can only have control on numbers if number controls are used. We never used the EU system, any reason to believe any other system will be more used.

The EU system is useless. Most EU countries are taking in a lot more immigrants than we have and immigration is worse problem in countries like France. We are out of the EU now so we need to operate a system that works for us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

A safe country is somewhere that they are not claiming asylum. Why should they escape the country which is supposed to be a danger to them and them be allowed to travel through half a dozen countries until they get to where they choose to be and then illegally enter that country?

You won’t get free medical treatment In most countries, you have to pay for it and we should do the same but no, emergency treatment should be given.

Why should countries take on even more asylum seekers while we take less just because we are further away? What about asylum seekers who speak english and have family over here? Should they be forced to live in a country where they have no family or speak the language? and I guess you would like them to integrate better as well would you? 

 

Transparent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

So why have the government done bugger all about controlling immigration if the majority of the country, in your opinion, want it.  And why, in particular, have they done bugger all about controlling our borders during the pandemic.  Seems Boris doesn't care what the majority of the country want.

Suppose u need to ask boris that I can’t control what he does I can only vote 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


2 hours ago, WV said:

Why should countries take on even more asylum seekers while we take less just because we are further away? What about asylum seekers who speak english and have family over here? Should they be forced to live in a country where they have no family or speak the language? and I guess you would like them to integrate better as well would you? 

 

Transparent

Totally....the whole idea of seeking asylum is keeping you and your family safe and yes they should stay in the first safe country they have arrived. If they wish to move to another afterwards they should go through the proper process. You cannot just pick and choose which country you live in, e.g. if you want to move to the US or Australia then you have to go through the proper channels and you won’t get any benefits in the US without a green card which is difficult to get hold of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Totally....the whole idea of seeking asylum is keeping you and your family safe and yes they should stay in the first safe country they have arrived. If they wish to move to another afterwards they should go through the proper process. You cannot just pick and choose which country you live in, e.g. if you want to move to the US or Australia then you have to go through the proper channels and you won’t get any benefits in the US without a green card which is difficult to get hold of.

But if you wanted to move to Australia you wouldn't be forced to live in Beijing because you arrived there on the way. Its also not as if we are taking a higher percentage or number of asylum seekers than other countries. We take way less than Germany, France and Sweden. We should be proud that these people want to come and live here. Do you ever stop to think how <ovf censored> lucky you were to be born British? Because if you weren't and your rules were in force you wouldn't be welcome here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WV said:

But if you wanted to move to Australia you wouldn't be forced to live in Beijing because you arrived there on the way. Its also not as if we are taking a higher percentage or number of asylum seekers than other countries. We take way less than Germany, France and Sweden. We should be proud that these people want to come and live here. Do you ever stop to think how <ovf censored> lucky you were to be born British? Because if you weren't and your rules were in force you wouldn't be welcome here. 

Maybe I am lucky to be born in Britain but I tried to move to the States 14 years ago but could not get a green card, so I do not have the choice where I can live. 
Good job the population does not think the same as you with an open border. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...