Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

……….. Asylum seekers have nothing to do with the EU. Given that they have £35 a week to live on and takes years to sort out their applications is it surprising?

Some rise in crime does not equate to all immigrants being criminals. Crime also rises in poor areas. 

Advert:

1 hour ago, JohnJames said:

……….. Asylum seekers have nothing to do with the EU. Given that they have £35 a week to live on and takes years to sort out their applications is it surprising?

Some rise in crime does not equate to all immigrants being criminals. Crime also rises in poor areas. 

Didn't I read some are fed and housed in 4* hotels?

Advert:

28 minutes ago, hillmanhunter said:

You probably did read that, and as a sceptic you checked the veracity of it yourself, right? How did you get on?

For 'read' see 'watched a random youtube video and immediately believed all of the claims therein'. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, geosname said:

Didn't I read some are fed and housed in 4* hotels?

Possibly during lockdown there were plenty of empty hotels willing to rent out rooms to companies that accommodate asylum seekers? Whether all the star facilities were available is a different matter.

Advert:

It does little credit to this site or to Port Vale to have a “Super Moderator” repeating RW falsehoods which promote racial hatred. What next are you going to supply bananas so we can throw them onto the pitch?

you should be ashamed of yourself

21 minutes ago, hillmanhunter said:

I dunno. If I'm going to repeat a claim I want to be as sure as possible it's correct, first. Especially something as loaded as that.

Suit yourself.

It wasn't a claim it was a question.

16 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

It does little credit to this site or to Port Vale to have a “Super Moderator” repeating RW falsehoods which promote racial hatred. What next are you going to supply bananas so we can throw them onto the pitch?

Is it false?

I asked a question.

Why is it promoting racial hatred to ask a legitimate question someone answered.

What you do with your banana in the privacy of your own home is your business.

Personally I have bloody hundreds of them growing in the garden. When they ripen I tend to give them away to the locals...... hang on is that racist?

3 minutes ago, hillmanhunter said:

It was a rhetorical one, unless you think we all know your reading habits.

Rhetorical? 

I was asking if anyone could verify..... or clarify.... what I thought I had read some time ago.

Someone did.

Advert:

29 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

Sad man throwing racism about again 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, geosname said:

Rhetorical? 

I was asking if anyone could verify..... or clarify.... what I thought I had read some time ago.

Someone did.

So you were asking if someone could check it and also couldn't give a rats ass if it's true or not?

You're all over the place. Get a grip.