Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

Advert:

5 million EU citizens already living in the uk have applied for settled status 

the government said there was 2.5 million living here when we voted brexit 

Either more have come here to escape the EU or the government had no idea how many were here in the first place which makes the allegations of racism aimed at people who voted brexit cause of concerns of immigration even more <ovf censored> 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

Either more have come here to escape the EU or the government had no idea how many were here in the first place which makes the allegations of racism aimed at people who voted brexit cause of concerns of immigration even more <ovf censored> 

I thought everyone knew the government had no idea on EU numbers. That's why they wouldn't introduce the kind of controls Germany has.

Not sure how that disproves allegations of racism at brexiters. There's been a number of studies on this and even polling from brexit voters themselves show a tendency to racism.

Oh, I saw your earlier reply about EU citizens being arrested, by the way. I'm glad you deleted it.

11 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

You are a bigoted little <ovf censored> aren’t you. A lot of these people have lived here for decades paying their taxes. The Home Office has also told people who have British Citizenship and lived here for 40 years to apply because the home office is incompetent.

Edited by JohnJames

Advert:

43 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

You are a bigoted little <ovf censored> aren’t you. A lot of these people have lived here for decades paying their taxes. The Home Office has also told people who have British Citizenship and lived here for 40 years to apply because the home office is incompetent.

That’s make me a bigot😂 

your a knob mate 

44 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

48 minutes ago, hillmanhunter said:

I thought everyone knew the government had no idea on EU numbers. That's why they wouldn't introduce the kind of controls Germany has.

Not sure how that disproves allegations of racism at brexiters. There's been a number of studies on this and even polling from brexit voters themselves show a tendency to racism.

Oh, I saw your earlier reply about EU citizens being arrested, by the way. I'm glad you deleted it.

😂 

Are u trying tell me that crime rates would be this high without mass immigration 

seriously you need wake up 

1 hour ago, JohnJames said:

The Home Office is about to create 3,000 central government jobs outside of London and the south-east and over 500 jobs will be created in Stoke-on-Trent as part of a new innovation centre.

BEIS will oversee the growth of 865 roles,meaning 35% of its workforce will be outside of London by 2025.

All part of the Build Back Better and Levelling Up project.

Advert:

7 minutes ago, For Us All said:

The Home Office is about to create 3,000 central government jobs outside of London and the south-east and over 500 jobs will be created in Stoke-on-Trent as part of a new innovation centre.

BEIS will oversee the growth of 865 roles,meaning 35% of its workforce will be outside of London by 2025.

This is part of the levelling up project... as mentioned in the official press release.

You have added the "Build back better" bit yourself.

Yet again... would have happened without Brexit.

14 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

This is part of the levelling up project... as mentioned in the official press release.

You have added the "Build back better" bit yourself.

Yet again... would have happened without Brexit.

Yes,I have added it myself because I think it will improve things and make things better by moving things from the London bubble.Isn't levelling up all about making things better?

44 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Yes,I have added it myself because I think it will improve things and make things better by moving things from the London bubble.Isn't levelling up all about making things better?

Not if you're a small business that exports to the EU.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/business/consumer/sheffield-mp-urges-bosses-to-speak-out-on-brexit-damage-3242939

Edited by hillmanhunter
add link

42 minutes ago, For Us All said:

I agree wholeheartedly that moving things from a London centric country is a good thing to do.

Here was me thinking you were trying to attribute the good news to Brexit... which it has nothing to do with.

Maybe you just put it in the wrong thread by mistake... or on purpose? who knows.

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

The Gershon review first mooted this in 2003. There has been loads of jobs moved out of London since then. Including centralisation of DOJ functions in Stoke.

Having said that far more jobs have been lost locally from Government functions including DVSA,HMRC,DWP etc. 
So I would mute your trumpet if I was you?

Advert:

3 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

😂

Are u trying tell me that crime rates would be this high without mass immigration 

seriously you need wake up 

3 hours ago, hillmanhunter said:

Anyone?

Bang in line with his ignorance the opposite is true. 
https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/immigration-and-crime-evidence-for-the-uk-and-other-countries/

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

I agree wholeheartedly that moving things from a London centric country is a good thing to do.

Here was me thinking you were trying to attribute the good news to Brexit... which it has nothing to do with.

Maybe you just put it in the wrong thread by mistake... or on purpose? who knows.

👍