Jump to content

Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?


Aussie Rules
 Share

Recommended Posts

"What's the point in investigating whether a crime has been committed, the actions are in the past, just accept it." 

 

 

And are we really trying to re-write the shameful history of the attack on democracy over the last 5 years? We had to fight in polling booths time and time again to get what we voted for. The greatest democratic mandate in British history and the opposition tried everything they could to overturn it. Lies, smears, court cases, legal challenges. They even kept on about Vote Leave breaching electoral law and told us all that Russia had not only influenced brexit but funded it too.

 

They didn't accept the result. If they have accepted it now (which I highly doubt) it's because all of their attempts to overthrow it have failed. 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/05/2021 at 22:59, JohnJames said:

 

Is that the same Former Chief Scientist Sir David King that was responsible for the needless slaughter of 8 million cows during the BSE crisis. He also advised the Labour government to incentivise the use of diesel vehicles through lower fuel duty, which resulted in huge increases in air pollution in our cities.

He’s “former” because he was totally useless and his advice always proved to be wrong. 

Before posting nonsense think for a second...

If it was that simple we wouldn’t have 162,303,342 million coronavirus cases worldwide. 🤦🏻‍♂️

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, valiant said:

Is that the same Former Chief Scientist Sir David King that was responsible for the needless slaughter of 8 million cows during the BSE crisis. He also advised the Labour government to incentivise the use of diesel vehicles through lower fuel duty, which resulted in huge increases in air pollution in our cities.

He’s “former” because he was totally useless and his advice always proved to be wrong. 

Before posting nonsense think for a second...

If it was that simple we wouldn’t have 162,303,342 million coronavirus cases worldwide. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Your thoughts on India not being locked down at the same time as Bangladesh and Pakistan despite having an additional variant and a far higher cases per million?

Even the most ardent, biased Boris fans on here admit didn’t do a great job and delayed far too much at the start... I get the “defend my guy along party lines” attitude but he really did c*ck this up at the start.

Edited by Iron Curtain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Your thoughts on India not being locked down at the same time as Bangladesh and Pakistan despite having an additional variant and a far higher cases per million?

I trust the experts in this area on who they decide to put on the red list etc. You have to understand these variants get their name just because thats the country where that variant first got sequenced. The exact same variant has also been detected in 44 other countries.

It could just be these are the stages this virus goes through naturally. We need to tackle it as a world not just simply think we can hide away from it. With endless lockdowns.

27 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Even the most ardent, biased Boris fans on here admit didn’t do a great job and delayed far too much at the start... 

I personally don’t think he did much wrong. He Listened to the experts and implemented what they recommended. 

Or are you saying if you were in charge you would have made the decision to Lockdown sooner???

You think that would be an easy decision to make with ZERO consequences???  

How would you cope with someone who later told you that because you locked the country down so quick their wife's doctors appointment was cancelled. Where she would have found out she had cancer and got treatment quickly.

But because of you Iron Curtain shes now dead and you have blood on your hands for your awful choice to lockdown without giving people chance to make preparations. What on earth were you thinking.

1000s of others post similar heartbreaking stories about how the early and long lockdown caused their teenage child to commit suicide. Mental health issues, people losing their livelihoods etc etc. Sack Iron Curtain starts trending on Twitter. 

It’s all so easy and simple isn’t it in your mind. But the reality is much more difficult. 

If all everyone had to do was lockdown 2 weeks earlier we wouldn’t have millions of deaths worldwide. They don’t have Boris in charge so whats their excuse?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, valiant said:

I personally don’t think he did much wrong.

Cool... bully for you.

As for the rest of your post, I get what you are saying... but I have posted multiple times the number of stupid decisions that were made which wouldn’t have had the catastrophic dystopian future you mentioned but would have had a damn good crack at saving lives.

Cheltenham festival was stupid.

Care homes was a disaster.

Dont get me started on track and trace, it’s laughable falling short of what was promised and the awful choice of its leader made for no other reason than jobs for his cronies.

Not appropriately quarantining people coming into the Uk from areas of high risk another.

All these are dwarfed by the arrogance of refusing to admit that things weren’t perfect and admitting that there were things to learn... modern politics means people like we see on this thread want to be told something and believe it without thought. The idea that test and trace was “world beating” helped them win arguments as long as facts weren’t involved... that’s good enough unfortunately.

There are more...  I have learned that these threads will simply be Boris fans backing him to the hilt no matter what he does so I’m not going through it again.

As I say, even Boris’ biggest fans have admitted he got the beginning wrong... but you have your view. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read on another forum a post from a very wise man. He pointed out that Boris and Co had won the referendum on the promise of closing/controlling our borders. Yet when the pandemic began and we should clearly have closed them, Boris left them wide open and allowed every Tom, Dick and Harry into the country untested and unquarantined.  Stupid idea Bojo. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Boris lie... told us all that all PPE contracts were documented and “on record”... this is one of 100 contracts that was not documented at all. Wonder why.

Sad thing is that I’m fully aware that people don’t care... yet if it was the other side they would be foaming at the mouth. Sad sad state of affairs that modern politics has gotten to.

Straight out lying to voters faces... and voters taking it. They must be laughing their heads off at how stupid people are behind closed doors.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 16/05/2021 at 11:42, Iron Curtain said:

Another Boris lie... told us all that all PPE contracts were documented and “on record”... this is one of 100 contracts that was not documented at all. Wonder why.

Sad thing is that I’m fully aware that people don’t care... yet if it was the other side they would be foaming at the mouth. Sad sad state of affairs that modern politics has gotten to.

Straight out lying to voters faces... and voters taking it. They must be laughing their heads off at how stupid people are behind closed doors.

 

When is the inquiry taking place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...