Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

Advert:

15 hours ago, valiant said:

No you are totally incorrect. What I posted is 100% Fact.

Let me explain. Imagine if a pro-EU party had won the last general election. They Would have joined the EU Vaccine programme. Why wouldn’t they??? In fact their members would be furious if they didn’t do. 

So saying they “Could have done” is totally irrelevant as they wouldn’t have.

The Only reason we weren’t part of that programme is due to the country voting to Leave the EU and then Voting to give a majority to an anti-EU party.

So yes it’s fair to say many people who got vaccinated sooner due to us ditching the EU ironically owe their lives to Brexiters.

i’m not in anyway making light of this awful pandemic. It’s just one of the many benefits of leaving the EU that lots of people including myself could never have predicted but are starting to now become apparent for all to see.

Yes, it's apparent for all to see - apart from those on here who still don't seem to accept the fact that they lost the Brexit vote.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

Yes, it's apparent for all to see - apart from those on here who still don't seem to accept the fact that they lost the Brexit vote.

I accepted the Brexit voted ages ago.  What I find hard to accept is folk like you continuing to gloat about it as if it was some sort of personal victory.  Grow up man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, jimbo57 said:

This is proof of why this conversation is a complete waste of time and effort.... if you can comfortably read 200 pages of this thread where no one challenges the result and people continually repeat that they accept the result and then spit out "don't seem to be able to accept the fact they lost" then are you really interested in a sensible discussion?

It's the new world politics, best demonstrated by trump... Make a statement that makes a good sound bite, get proven that your statement is incorrect, wait 2 days, repeat the statement and think you won.

Huge shame that it cant be debated accurately and properly... Party lines over everything.

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JohnJames said:

Notwithstanding I can’t get my fave Chicken goujons because of Brexit and the chronic shortage of LGV drivers.

Lord Frost admitting that he cocked up the NI protocol

The service sector which makes up 80% of our economy is suffering massive losses. But you carry on being deluded

https://t.co/tHpZdiPr6k

Mate COVID has everything to do with lack of LGV currier drivers etc <ovf censored> all do with brexit 

• Like 1

Advert:

21 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

How about those who died because Boris the Brexiteer was slow to react and buggered up the response in care homes? 

So did every highly populated democratic country on the planet. ALL of them have had huge deaths tolls in care homes especially at the early stages of the virus.

Not because what you Claim that Every care home on the planet couldn’t be bothered to do anything.

But because by the time China told us anything close to the truth about this virus it was already too late to save them. The virus was heavily spread in care homes worldwide 🌎 

7 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I accepted the Brexit voted ages ago.  What I find hard to accept is folk like you continuing to gloat about it as if it was some sort of personal victory.  Grow up man.

7 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

You accepted the Brexit vote ages ago? Doesn't seem so according to your dozens of posts about the subject where you don't seem to be able to stop yourself criticising Brexit at every opportunity.

It's done, finished, accept it and move on woman.

18 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

You accepted the Brexit vote ages ago? Doesn't seem so according to your dozens of posts about the subject where you don't seem to be able to stop yourself criticising Brexit at every opportunity.

I accepted a while ago that the Mrs wouldn’t let me give my lad the middle names Martin Foyle, Akpo, Van der Laan or even Boomer... doesnt mean I’m not allowed to moan about it though! 

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

Mate COVID has everything to do with lack of LGV currier drivers etc <ovf censored> all do with brexit 

Right so all the European truck drivers have gone back home because of Covid. Provide an article confirming your <ovf censored>.

Advert:

40 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

It’s not done you half witted amoeba. It hasn’t even bloody started.

• Like 1

On 11/05/2021 at 20:42, valiant said:

No you are totally incorrect. What I posted is 100% Fact.

Let me explain. Imagine if a pro-EU party had won the last general election. They Would have joined the EU Vaccine programme. Why wouldn’t they??? In fact their members would be furious if they didn’t do. 

So saying they “Could have done” is totally irrelevant as they wouldn’t have.

The Only reason we weren’t part of that programme is due to the country voting to Leave the EU and then Voting to give a majority to an anti-EU party.

So yes it’s fair to say many people who got vaccinated sooner due to us ditching the EU ironically owe their lives to Brexiters.

i’m not in anyway making light of this awful pandemic. It’s just one of the many benefits of leaving the EU that lots of people including myself could never have predicted but are starting to now become apparent for all to see.

At least one other country in the EU went on their own with the vaccine without the EU involvement. Why would we have been different? 

1 hour ago, jimbo57 said:

With all due respect, mate, you are being a bit dim here.  Yes I accepted the vote but no I didn't agree that it was the best thing for the country.  But it's what the majority wanted so I accepted the vote.  It doesn't mean I can't criticise Brexit.   I accepted the vote of the 2019 election even though I think Boris Johnson is a lying, cheating scumbag.  Accepting the vote does not mean I agree with it.  And if it's done, finished, why do you keep saying we won, we won, we won, yah boo, we won.  It's you that needs to move on and in the process, try to understand the views of other posters on here instead of making stuff up.

• Like 1