Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But the people voted for it twice.

nothing in losing it,its just hard luck, the humiliating thing is not accepting the result...

This is the very reason I have Beagle on ignore - the absolute rubbish he posts. Pity I have to watch when someone else quotes him.

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Some fireworks going off here.  I see the first thing the Brexiteers do after getting back their independence is to break the law by setting off fireworks after 11 pm. 

Could you be any more remainer right now? 😂

You could nip round quick whilst they're in the back yard and check their tyre tread too.

• Haha 1

Fantastic result under the lights against a cynical opposition who were happy to play dirty and try  to con their way to victory.

Here are my ratings:

Boris Johnson - 9 - A real boost when he came off the bench half way through, got us over the line

Nigel Farage - 10 - Man of the match, didn't get on the score sheet but pulled all the strings, name a stand after him

Theresa May - 2 - Unusally poor performance and rightfully subbed for Boris at half time.

Jacob Rees-Mogg - 7 - Typical steady stick JRM, never lets anyone down

Michael Gove - 6 - A bit anonymous but generally reliable

Dan Hannan - 5 - great first half but tired a bit late on

Priti Patel - 8 - Every team needs someone capable of a crunching tackle now and then

Dominic Raab - 7 -  Fantastic work rate, can't fault his effort.

Special mention for the gaffer Dominc Cummings, got his tactics spot on.

Thought the referee Mr Bercow was atrocious, definitely favoured them throughout, almost playing with 2 sets of rules. Woefully out of his depth and hopefully that's the last we see of him.

Edited by Regal Beagle
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Aldi sell them per banana not by weight.

Bliddy Heck!

Correct me if I've got the bull by the wrong end, but somewhere in the back blocks of my old grey matter I seem to remember a Brexit acorn of a Sunderland greengrocer being prosecuted for selling bananas by the lb contrary to EU regulations?

6 hours ago, toyahw said:

Yum. We eat that here too on the mainland. Along with raw herring.

Got a letter today from the immigration service to confirm we can live out our days here in the place we have lived for 30 odd years.  

So long amigos and good luck with it.

Brilliant news mate.....

5 hours ago, toyahw said:

The price of cheese is outrageous. 11 euro for 600g of Gouda Oud +48. Good stuff though. 

Would you pay £7 for 250g of plastic cheddar? 

I do miss Lancashire,  Cheshire,  and Wensleydale, even a bit of double gloster occassionaly..... I have to satisfy my cravings with a bit of Danish blue or gorgonzola and a large bag of grapes..... hey ho.

Hooray we now have our independence back. No more eu rule. We now have our democracy and sovereignty back. The nhs is now 350 million a week richer and no more immigration now we have stopped our open borders. I still havent received my blue passport or ration book yet though.... 

9 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Fantastic result under the lights against a cynical opposition who were happy to play dirty and try  to con their way to victory.

Here are my ratings:

Boris Johnson - 9 - A real boost when he came off the bench half way through, got us over the line

Nigel Farage - 10 - Man of the match, didn't get on the score sheet but pulled all the strings, name a stand after him

Theresa May - 2 - Unusally poor performance and rightfully subbed for Boris at half time.

Jacob Rees-Mogg - 7 - Typical steady stick JRM, never lets anyone down

Michael Gove - 6 - A bit anonymous but generally reliable

Dan Hannan - 5 - great first half but tired a bit late on

Priti Patel - 8 - Every team needs someone capable of a crunching tackle now and then

Dominic Raab - 7 -  Fantastic work rate, can't fault his effort.

Special mention for the gaffer Dominc Cummings, got his tactics spot on.

Thought the referee Mr Bercow was atrocious, definitely favoured them throughout, almost playing with 2 sets of rules. Woefully out of his depth and hopefully that's the last we see of him.

All get 10 out of 10 for lying 

16 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

The last supper.

Nice Italian prosecco to get started.

Baked vacheran with potatoes as a fondue/raclette  together with a mix of prosciutto and salamis

Nice Saint George St Emillion to wash it down

Thank you Europe 👍

Tomorrow it’s fish finger sandwiches and baked beans

Blimey Jean!

Today I'll have a breakfast of oatcakes, black pudding and  Gloucester Old spot bacon. Lunch of lobby and dinner a Wrights pie with gravy and mushy peas, all washed down with several glasses of Titanic ale.  God bless you UK. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, ginge said:

So good to see straight bananas in the shops today now eu arent telling us what to do

There can't be any shops open today surely? haven't they all moved to the EU?

I can't afford a banana anyway as the £4.3k brexit cost was taken last night too.

1 minute ago, For Us All said:

The biggest lie was told in 1973 when we signed up to the so-called 'Common Market'?

Can you believe the scenes of people actually crying last night? Holding candle lit vigils over a POLITICAL UNION?

They're not the real world.