Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

46 minutes ago, For Us All said:

About the same as Priti Patel as with MSM bias?

I posted about Priti Patel because it is interesting in the context of Brexit. Which this thread is about.

You however were trying to be smart and get ‘one up’ by tell me I had posted my comment in the wrong place.

I simply pointed out you were wrong.

Then you seemed to conclude because of that that I was OBVIOUSLY a fan of CNN.

You seem more confused than usual today FUA!

As you were.

Advert:

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

I posted about Priti Patel because it is interesting in the context of Brexit. Which this thread is about.

You however were trying to be smart and get ‘one up’ by tell me I had posted my comment in the wrong place.

I simply pointed out you were wrong.

Then you seemed to conclude because of that that I was OBVIOUSLY a fan of CNN.

You seem more confused than usual today FUA!

As you were.

Wrong about what?

24 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Trending on Twitter is now the new measure of truth is it??

This is a guy who yesterday told someone to 'google port vale salaries 2021' for gen info on what Conlon earns. Poor old FUA is a bit confused when it comes to source analysis and critical thinking. Or thinking in general, really. 

Edited by Doha

Advert:

14 hours ago, Doha said:

This is a guy who yesterday told someone to 'google port vale salaries 2021' for gen info on what Conlon earns. Poor old FUA is a bit confused when it comes to source analysis and critical thinking. Or thinking in general, really. 

I didnt say the salaries were correct but carry on with the insults,shows what you are all about.

On 12/03/2021 at 19:20, hillmanhunter said:

For things to improve they’d need to change. What do you hope or expect to change?

The month!

Remainers very quiet now that February's export figures are out and up 47%.As Delia Smith once said "Where are you,let's hear you."?

Advert:

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

The month!

Remainers very quiet now that February's export figures are out and up 47%.As Delia Smith once said "Where are you,let's hear you."?

You make this so easy...

ok, so... 47% increase is vs last months massive decline. Still less than whilst we were in the EU.

By your logic, exports to the rest of the world dropped in Feb... that’s apparently what’s going to replace the lost EU trade. making the situation even worse.

Not the smartest post you have ever made FUA... quoting Delia. Almost as embarrassing as when she did it.

19 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Come on FUA don’t put your usual smokescreen up, no Government has ever been as openly corrupt as this one. Not fake news, but a fact.

Only interested in the Government that is currently wrecking the UK

On 14/04/2021 at 14:57, hillmanhunter said:

Once will do. Here's a Brexit story from The BBC. It's probably made up, right?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56529359

How would you disprove it?

Well interestingly, I've spent about 1 minute googling that report and found this:

Beyond Brexit: policing, law enforcement and security (parliament.uk)

The report lists the loss of the SIS information as THE most significant gap not A most significant gap. It's relative, it doesn't actually mean that there's a significant gap, it just means that compared with everything else in the report, this is the smoking gun. The headline to the bbc article is negative, whereas the report lists several things that are not affected, several things that might be but might not be affected and one thing that is a clear downgrade, and it goes with that one.

Here is the conclusion of the loss of that particular data:

image.png.a139c0b91c6d277a10d93a3d6303fdd5.png

Obviously that is not overwhelmingly negative, there's provisions in there to improve the interpol data speeds and the drop off is from seconds to hours which maybe isn't a critical timeframe.

If the article was written by a pro-brexit organisation they could have quite easily quoted any of the first 11 paragraphs of the conclusion which were all positive, instead of the 12th paragraph which had one negative, and then they still cut out the 'positive' caveat from that. They could have gone with "UK and EU will continue to share the vast majority of security data, report finds" for example.

If you were to just read the headline, you could wrongly believe that the UK is significantly worse off now in terms of data sharing/law and order since brexit. Although if you read the full article it does quote the Government saying that our safety is assured still. And the report they quote goes even futher than the article in saying that too.

So yeah, overall, not a lie outright, but it could be misleading if you are only skimming the news/headlines and obviously written from an anti-brexit position in my view.

That's the kind of thing I'm talking about. Thanks for sharing, it was a great example.

Edited by Regal Beagle

Advert:

On 14/04/2021 at 15:00, Andyregs said:

I said show me. And show me how it was an ‘armed uprising against the United States’

seems like a Mitch McConnell, republican senate leader, agrees with me. 

"They failed to attempt to obstruct the Congress. This failed insurrection underscored how crucial the task before us is for our public."

Edit: And for the record, I’d criticise anyone who commits violence politically or not (and the evidence shows right wing violence is far more an issue than left, and I can source that if you like). But what you suggest wasn’t an uprising against the United States government’

Be good to see where Biden defended any terrorists while at it. Never mind say he ‘loved them’.

What do you mean show you?

Do you usually use Mitch McConnell as a source? I remember him being public enemy number one when Trump wanted to push Amy Coney Barrett through before the election.

What level of violence was shown at capitol hill out of interest? as far as I'm aware they didn't kill anyone, they didn't attack anyone, they may have caused a bit of damage and took a few humiliating photos but thats what we're talking about when you say insurrection isn't it? Like I'm not missing something, instead of a guy wearing face paint and a bear hat posing for stupid pictures, I've not accidentally missed the black bloc para-military style insurgents with bomb vests running round shooting people have i?

Meanwhile, annexing part of capitol hill with violence and murdering people with guns and you demand evidence? You can start here if so: capitol hill autonomous zone murders - Bing

Oh dear... imagine the man who you protected, making the nation lose faith in your lockdown rules, turning on you.

https://dominiccummings.com/2021/04/23/statement-regarding-no10-claims-today/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Quote from Durham Dom: It is sad to see the PM and his office fall so far below the standards of competence and integrity the country deserves.

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Oh dear... imagine the man who you protected, making the nation lose faith in your lockdown rules, turning on you.

https://dominiccummings.com/2021/04/23/statement-regarding-no10-claims-today/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Quote from Durham Dom: It is sad to see the PM and his office fall so far below the standards of competence and integrity the country deserves.

But really he is only saying what we know. This Johnson administration is absolutely corrupt. We have lies, cronies, and sleaze all in good measures