Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

Advert:

23 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Setting up autonomous zones with armed borders is a pretty good start.

Attacking courthouses and other Government buildings is another.

I mean we've seen news stories of this on going for almost a year at this point.

I said show me. And show me how it was an ‘armed uprising against the United States’

seems like a Mitch McConnell, republican senate leader, agrees with me. 

"They failed to attempt to obstruct the Congress. This failed insurrection underscored how crucial the task before us is for our public."

Edit: And for the record, I’d criticise anyone who commits violence politically or not (and the evidence shows right wing violence is far more an issue than left, and I can source that if you like). But what you suggest wasn’t an uprising against the United States government’

Be good to see where Biden defended any terrorists while at it. Never mind say he ‘loved them’.

Edited by Andyregs

3 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Largely peaceful protest is one I simply cannot get over.

Yes,that one from BBC News on Twitter will go down in history.

‘27 police officers injured during largely peaceful anti-racism protests in London’.

But it comes in second place only to that CNN reporter who was standing in front of a raging fire and the chyron at the bottom of the screen read, "FIERY BUT MOSTLY PEACEFUL PROTESTS AFTER POLICE SHOOTING."

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, hillmanhunter said:

No. You said your position is to automatically dismiss BBC etc until you find "further information". 

Where do you get this further information from and how do you know it's correct? 

HH, I'm sure Regal is referring to getting as close as possible to the original source of the information, ie a video of an interview so the interviewee can be heard and seen, a video of an "event" eg the videos from the BLM riots which clearly showed they were not peaceful nor law abiding despite what the left wing news outlets were saying to the public. etc etc. 

The main stream media and social media are so positively biased to massively favor the left in the USA it questions the existence of any truthful reporting by them or even any semblance of democracy. Whether the bias is spin of what was said or protection of left wing politicians by not reporting/suppressing information/events, the whole spectrum of manipulation of the public is fully on display.

Advert:

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

HH, I'm sure Regal is referring to getting as close as possible to the original source of the information, ie a video of an interview so the interviewee can be heard and seen, a video of an "event" eg the videos from the BLM riots which clearly showed they were not peaceful nor law abiding despite what the left wing news outlets were saying to the public. etc etc. 

The main stream media and social media are so positively biased to massively favor the left in the USA it questions the existence of any truthful reporting by them or even any semblance of democracy. Whether the bias is spin of what was said or protection of left wing politicians by not reporting/suppressing information/events, the whole spectrum of manipulation of the public is fully on display.

You’ve lost touch with any semblance of what truth is, what constitutes evidence and what a legitimate source is. Sources are left wing rags when you don’t agree, but the truth when it does. 
‘The last source you gave was from pragerU.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/prageru/

“Overall, we rate PragerU Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of propaganda, the use of poor sources who have failed fact checks”

BBC, channel 4, ITV, the so called biased main stream media are rated ‘High’. But I suppose that’s biased too in your world. But to support the lies told by trump and then claim such media reporting give no semblance of democracy is pretty impressive mental gymnastics, but you’ve become adept at that over the last 2 years.

“Getting close to the original source” , says the guy who’s sources are often Fox News talking heads with their ‘entertainment’ shows. 
https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye?t=1618436136505

For example, I wouldn’t use Huffington post as a source here as I know it wouldn’t be respected as neutral source, but you and others here have gone over the edge and consider any source that isnt a crackpot conspiracy theorist or random YouTuber that says what you want as fake news. We scoff at a YouTuber whose first line is a blatant lie. You scoff as court documents, journals, respected media outlets, academic studies and anything that doesn’t fit your reality. 

Edited by Andyregs

16 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

I dismissed believing hardly anything the BBC said years ago.

As for he story you quote, isn't the UK still a member of Interpol?

Yes. Hence this line in the article:

“And peers warned it would take much longer for vital data to be passed to frontline police officers.”

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

#ExposeCNN seems to be trending on Twitter at the moment?

Advert:

1 minute ago, For Us All said:

Just stating facts about what's trending.

What a wonderful public service... I note you are very selective of the ones you factually post haha

Priti Patel is trending this morning given her detention policies are found to breach human rights rules.

10 hours ago, Andyregs said:

Yes. Hence this line in the article:

“And peers warned it would take much longer for vital data to be passed to frontline police officers.”

Why? We're still in Interpol.

Interpol is nothing to do with the EU.

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

What a wonderful public service... I note you are very selective of the ones you factually post haha

Priti Patel is trending this morning given her detention policies are found to breach human rights rules.

Just to let you know,we were discussing MSM bias and comparing various news outlets.

Patel has her own thread if you would like to contribute.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Just to let you know,we were discussing MSM bias and comparing various news outlets.

Patel has her own thread if you would like to contribute.

Just to let you know, She has breached human rights due to her immigration detention centre policies. Given Brexit, and the importance of immigration policy which has been mentioned many times on this thread as a huge benefit, this is a very important topic and therefore this thread the perfect place for my comment.

Edited by Iron Curtain

Advert:

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Just to let you know, She has breached human rights due to her immigration detention centre policies. Given Brexit, and the importance of immigration policy which has been mentioned many times on this thread as a huge benefit, this is a very important topic and therefore this thread the perfect place for my comment.

You are obviously a fan of CNN as well as the BBC then?🤔