Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

18 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

You can pick a YouTube video of someone telling you anything you want to. Stopped listening after a minute when he claimed that people didn’t realise these tensions already existed for a long time. If you’re going to just make up the most ridiculous straw man to start with I can’t be bothered to listen to the rest. 
Nobody is saying brexit is the cause of the troubles in NI. It’s just making it worse. It is undeniable that Brexit has angered unionists who feel betrayed. And this issue was predicted 5 years ago by John major and tony Blair. But you knew about it already. 

Just cause he is on you tube don’t mean it ain’t a news channel 

it ain’t just bbc or sky news that’s out there 

54 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

As i said, the Brexit situation doesn’t help tension in NI but you fail to mention the Mail talks about the failure to prosecute Sinn Fein members who went to a mass gaverings at a funeral or the UDA drug seizures. 
With or without Brexit these problems will have happened. 

I agree there are many factors. Brexit is one of them. I have not denied other factors in any of my posts on this topic.

My second post was in direct response to you trying to downplay the Brexit impact by blaming the guardian for being remain leaning... it was your lead off sentence.

To prove that this tactic was pointless in this case I quoted the exact same point of view from the uber Brexit supporting Daily Mail.

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

U guys were loving the fact that u can make us look like we have caused this by voting leave as I knew what I voted for hey Andy 

Says the guy who voted for brexit because of all the non European immigrants lol. And again, if you think people are claiming the troubles in Ireland were caused by brexit then I honestly don’t know what else to say. It’s claimed it has made a delicate situation worse. That is an absolute fact. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56276653

just to be clear:

“The LCC represents groups including the Ulster Volunteer Force (UVF) and Ulster Defence Association (UDA) - loyalist paramilitary groups responsible for the murders of hundreds of people. The Good Friday Agreement, also known as the Belfast Agreement, was signed in 1998 and marked the effective end of the Troubles in Northern Ireland.“

Edited by Andyregs
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Do you ever consider how when you repeatedly post these videos, you're getting your 'news' from talking heads directly instructing you what to think, instead of actual news sources laying out the facts?

1 hour ago, sunny boslem said:

Don’t give me that crap 

No, then.

11 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

U guys were loving the fact that u can make us look like we have caused this by voting leave as I knew what I voted for hey Andy 

You knew what you voted for and what you voted for is incompatible with The Good Friday agreement. The Good Friday Agreement is why there is peace in Northern Ireland.

Now, if you say it's a price you're willing to pay, fair enough, but don't try and disown the consequences of your actions.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

I think the EU have incited terrorist behaviour with their brexit scare mongering.

Impeach the EU.

No, the terrorists were quite clear why they pulled out of the good Friday agreement. 

On 08/04/2021 at 21:30, sunny boslem said:

Don’t give me that crap 

Very suspect when they dismiss people's opinions based on sources.

Almost as if they're looking for a reason not to have to engage with the points.

I wonder if GB news will be an acceptable "actual news source laying out the facts".

I work on the assumption that whatever BBC/ITV/C4/Sky News say, the opposite is probably is true now. They've lied THAT much. 

44 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Almost as if they're looking for a reason not to have to engage with the points.

I wonder if GB news will be an acceptable "actual news source laying out the facts".

I work on the assumption that whatever BBC/ITV/C4/Sky News say, the opposite is probably is true now. They've lied THAT much. 

Like I said. The first point was just a ridiculous straw man argument. By all means argue the journalistic merits of the YouTube clip and what facts it has unearthed. But when all respected media outlets are lying and only YouTube tells the truth, then you’re living in a different reality. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Which begs the question. "Where do you get your news from and how do you know it's correct?"

This is where the 'alt-reality' bunch go all coy.

2 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Crikey,is the BBC still going?🤔

On 12/04/2021 at 16:14, For Us All said:

Crikey,is the BBC still going?🤔

Seen one this morning that Idris Elba's Luther character isn't realistically black enough, according to the BBC diversity chief. 🤡

Just shut it down. It can't be saved at this point.

• Like 1

On 12/04/2021 at 14:39, hillmanhunter said:

Which begs the question. "Where do you get your news from and how do you know it's correct?"

This is where the 'alt-reality' bunch go all coy.

Alt-reality? 

This is what the church of leftism does now. You HAVE to comply otherwise they will do whatever they can to dismiss your opinion, without actually engaging with it.

It used to be racism, now it's a mix of racism and batty conspiracy theorist.

I get my news from the same places as everyone else, I just assume that it's false until I have more information. The real question is how can you assume this garbage is correct when it turns out so often to be anything but?