Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

https://global247news.com/2021/03/26/tears-flow-for-brits-as-they-head-home-to-avoid-being-deported-as-illegals-in-spain/

“Yes I voted out, but I didn’t realise it would come to this, my application has been rejected and we are on our way home – the wife is in tears, she’s distraught if I’m honest and I’m not too happy at the prospect of returning back to the UK. I’ve loved living on the Costa del Sol and after 5 years can’t believe it has come to this, we applied but got rejected and so have no choice, although long term I think the Spanish will regret chucking us out of Spain

It’s a seriously impressive feat to be able to say this sentence with a straight face.

• Like 1

That is bad I agree 

looks like they were illegal before brexit 

so we get all them young men on dingys and can’t deport them but British people retiring in Spain have to come home 

listen differences aside that’s just <ovf censored> ridiculous and shows how soft we have become 

C418A1F7-0573-405B-9A5C-81902B4F7D0E.png

There were rules about living in Spain before brexit.

Is leaving Spain a direct result of brexit or is it a more rigerous enforcement of the rules since brexit.

There were certainly rules for living in Spain when I was there and abuse of the rules.

48 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

That is bad I agree 

looks like they were illegal before brexit 

so we get all them young men on dingys and can’t deport them but British people retiring in Spain have to come home 

listen differences aside that’s just <ovf censored> ridiculous and shows how soft we have become 

C418A1F7-0573-405B-9A5C-81902B4F7D0E.png

‘Shows how soft we have become...’ 

since brexit. Lol

4 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

‘Shows how soft we have become...’ 

since brexit. Lol

What u laughing at? 
Brits living illegally in Spain have to come home 

blokes from all over the world sneak into Britain and we can’t get rid 

but that’s makes u laugh at me 

Sad 

Edited by sunny boslem

1 minute ago, sunny boslem said:

What u laughing at? 

Sad 

Both were what you chose. You chose to rip up the Dublin III regulation. 

14 minutes ago, geosname said:

There were rules about living in Spain before brexit.

Is leaving Spain a direct result of brexit or is it a more rigerous enforcement of the rules since brexit.

There were certainly rules for living in Spain when I was there and abuse of the rules.

It’s no shocker that rules were to be enforced after brexit now we are no longer in a union with them. Some are just unhappy that they now have to pay more taxes though. 
The point I was making though, isn’t about the rules being enforced or not. It was about the amount of different groups of people who were adamant that they knew what they voted for, and didnt ‘want their cake and eat it’, are so willing to blindly vote against their own interests. They got their sOvErEigNtY, which I’m told is the most important factor in all this.

1 minute ago, Andyregs said:

It’s no shocker that rules were to be enforced after brexit now we are no longer in a union with them. Some are just unhappy that they now have to pay more taxes though. 
The point I was making though, isn’t about the rules being enforced or not. It was about the amount of different groups of people who were adamant that they knew what they voted for, and didnt ‘want their cake and eat it’, are so willing to blindly vote against their own interests. They got their sOvErEigNtY, which I’m told is the most important factor in all this.

How many people voted remain but didn’t have a clue what the EU did or said they would do for us 

10 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

Both were what you chose. You chose to rip up the Dublin III regulation. 

What? 
when have I chose to let unknown men enter our country illegally? 
I ain’t got a clue what the Dublin III regulation is but I’m expecting a paragraph or 2 on it 

how many remainers knew what it was before they voted? 

38 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

I ain’t got a clue what the Dublin III regulation is 

The legislation that allowed the UK to deport asylum seekers back to the EU state they'd arrived from, before their application had been decided.

That's gone because of the comical Brexit 'deal' king Boris cooked up, causing this situation - 

43 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

How many people voted remain but didn’t have a clue what the EU did or said they would do for us 

40 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

What? 
I ain’t got a clue what the Dublin III regulation is but I’m expecting a paragraph or 2 on it 

You voted for brexit which put an end to the Dublin III regulation that allowed us to send failed asylum seekers out of the uk.

You also hit the nail on the head in the last paragraph, albeit accidentally I assume. Ive said countless times on here that the main reason I voted remain at the time was that I didn’t feel I knew enough about the situation to make such a monumental decision when we weren’t suffering from it. I felt as someone who had studies international politics to degree level that my understanding of how intergrated we were with the eu wasn’t enough to change the status quo. It was brexiteers like yourself who insisted they knew exactly what you were voting for. And got angry at any such suggestion you didn’t.

I’ll take your post as finally admitting that you didn’t.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

What? 

Asylum seekers can’t  enter the country illegally

9 hours ago, Andyregs said:

https://global247news.com/2021/03/26/tears-flow-for-brits-as-they-head-home-to-avoid-being-deported-as-illegals-in-spain/

“Yes I voted out, but I didn’t realise it would come to this, my application has been rejected and we are on our way home – the wife is in tears, she’s distraught if I’m honest and I’m not too happy at the prospect of returning back to the UK. I’ve loved living on the Costa del Sol and after 5 years can’t believe it has come to this, we applied but got rejected and so have no choice, although long term I think the Spanish will regret chucking us out of Spain

It’s a seriously impressive feat to be able to say this sentence with a straight face.

The funny thing is they could have stayed as they had the option to sign forms saying they would pay taxes in Spain and register as Spanish residents but refused to due to being so arrogant. Oh well, no sympathy here. Its all quite amusing actually. Voted for their own deportation 😂

1 hour ago, sunny boslem said:

What u laughing at? 

Sad 

Morning sunny. 

How would you feel if we had rows of bars flying the Spanish flag selling Spanish breakfasts, showing Spanish TV shows while the Spaniards that frequented them got drunk, sweated all over the place and caused trouble fighting every night? I guess you would be perfectly ok with that ? Oh I forgot, all while refusing to become British citizens or pay British tax. I can only imagine you would be perfectly happy with that scenario happening here?

Edited by WV