Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

13 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

We know that is not the net figure, I can admit that. It seems that you cant admit the gross figure though. 

Ah, so you admit the 350m to the EU  was not the net figure and this figure was a theoretical amount never paid to the EU.

Therefore your prior claim/post that  350m was an actual true amount and would be paid to the NHS post Brexit was wrong and that Boris did tell a huge lie.

That's the same as my understanding of the situation, we finally agree.

Advert:

9 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Ah, so you admit the 350m to the EU  was not the net figure and this figure was a theoretical amount never paid to the EU.

Therefore your prior claim/post that  350m was an actual true amount and would be paid to the NHS post Brexit was wrong and that Boris did tell a huge lie.

That's the same as my understanding of the situation, we finally agree.

YES PAUL IT WAS NOT A NET FIGURE.

but the gross amount includes a rebate that we still have, you understand that? It is not theoretical, it fully exists.

Roughly £211m goes to the eu which we dont see again, the rest stays in the uk but we must spend it on eu approved projects. The result of leaving the EU is that we keep the £211m and we decide where the other £140m is spent, which COULD include spending £350m more on the nhs.

We seem to hit a roadblock....

"It is a gross figure"

"Yes but that is not the net figure"

"Yes I know, it's a gross figure"

"But that's not the amount that is physically transferred to the EU."

"Yes I agree with you, it's the gross amount" 

100% proven via the EU, ONS, High court that the gross figure is true. Theres really nothing more to it. 

Advert:

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Even then, the precise amount does not matter, it is the principle that matters.

I wasn't refering to the royal we...... just the personal we..... me and you..... I'm sure we could find something to do with it... New ground etc..... we could send Smurf a new elastic band for his wad.

Advert:

15 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Nothing to do with the side of a bus which was the topic

Correct. I know people who voted leave in order that the NHS received the £350 million. It was a downright untruth amongst many on the leave side. Don't know how people on here can attempt to vindicate it.

7 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

The precise  amount of our membership fee does not matter, the con was to suggest it would be used instead as extra money for the NHS. 

Why is that a con fosse? 

13 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Correct. I know people who voted leave in order that the NHS received the £350 million. It was a downright untruth amongst many on the leave side. Don't know how people on here can attempt to vindicate it.

Because it is 100% truthful considering it was not a manifesto or a pledge made by a Government. Oh, and we could actually find our nhs with it. 

It is literally the direct opposite of untrue. 

43 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Why is that a con fosse? 

Because it is 100% truthful considering it was not a manifesto or a pledge made by a Government. Oh, and we could actually find our nhs with it. 

Sorry RB it was a downright deliberate lie, you must be deluded to think otherwise 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Why is that a con fosse? 

Literally true then

Advert:

6 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Sorry RB it was a downright deliberate lie, you must be deluded to think otherwise 

He's not arguing it's not a lie, he knows full well what it is. A clever use of language that separates 2 different things into individual sentences but makes them seem linked together. As individual sentences they can be both perfectly true, but throw them together, and they form a gross distortion. It's a classic tactic that is in use widely at the moment that is just not called out enough.

As a non-government agency, even with prominent politicians in front, there was never any chance that it would happen, but it never needed to be; it wasn't a commitment in any way. It was just deliberately thrown out there to give the impression it could.

It just underscores the fact that there was never a coherent plan for the people that came up with this, other than naked personal ambition. It's the malignant agendas of others that are linked in the background that people need to dig out.

• Like 2

I’m just about to pay the £4300 balance of my holiday bill.You know,the £4300 every household would be worse off is we left the EU .We have decided to go jumping off cliff edges this year along with the doom filled remainiacs.I have had the foresight to invest in paragliding equipment.I wonder if they have?

• Haha 1