Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

Advert:

8 hours ago, hillmanhunter said:

UK has decided to delay controls on imports to prevent empty shelves. This delay was due to end on 1st April but has been extended for another 6 months. They can't delay it forever.  At that point I expect even die hard brexiters might start asking questions.

You cannot expect the Leavers to ask questions really, put yourselves in their shoes they have been sold down the river. How their heroes Doris, Gove, Mogg, Farage and co have lied through their teeth, the leavers have been slipt a custard. They have nothing to cheer about, oh sorry I forgot we have sovereignty!!

7 hours ago, For Us All said:

Well,I hope and expect things to improve,if I can't get food and drink from the supermarket I'll begin to worry.

Oh to be there the day FUA walks in to his local supermarket and sees only empty shelves where his favourite imported groceries used to sit. The confusion on his face as he realises he's unable to blame Jeremy Corbyn, the twitch as he becomes aware that he traded away his favoured fruit and vegetables in return for a blue passport, the horror when he finally admits that he didn't really give a toss about sovereignty, the tears when he fills his trolley with gruel.

9 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Oh to be there the day FUA walks in to his local supermarket and sees only empty shelves where his favourite imported groceries used to sit. The confusion on his face as he realises he's unable to blame Jeremy Corbyn, the twitch as he becomes aware that he traded away his favoured fruit and vegetables in return for a blue passport, the horror when he finally admits that he didn't really give a toss about sovereignty, the tears when he fills his trolley with gruel.

Cheer up,there's always the allotment and Amazon to fall back on?😃

• Haha 1

Advert:

9 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I was up early today for a quick shop at Tesco. I've just checked some labels and see that oranges are from Egypt, tomatoes from Morocco, apples from South Africa, cabbage etc home grown. Shelves were bulging with goods from worldwide and the only tears in my eyes were from the wind.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JohnJames said:

Imports from the EU. Up by almost 50%.

still we got flags

Depends on who you shop with.I ordered a pair of shoes online.Boss.Half price,free post.The only issue was they arrived a week late.I received an apology email and a 20% voucher in compo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo57 said:

I was up early today for a quick shop at Tesco. I've just checked some labels and see that oranges are from Egypt, tomatoes from Morocco, apples from South Africa, cabbage etc home grown. Shelves were bulging with goods from worldwide and the only tears in my eyes were from the wind.

Love the choices in Aldi as well Jimbo,bananas from Columbia, grapes from South Africa and wine from Australia.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Andyregs said:

I presume you’re going to have to move on to another point for FUA to ignore now.

Aaaaaand....

18 hours ago, hillmanhunter said:

What are you expecting to happen? Or, what do you hope will happen?

....wait for it.....

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

Your negativity.☹

....nothing, absolutely nothing. Im shocked I tell you. 

1 hour ago, Howjy04 said:

Depends on who you shop with.I ordered a pair of shoes online.Boss.Half price,free post.The only issue was they arrived a week late.I received an apology email and a 20% voucher in compo.

Well that’s it then. Forget the actual figure. You got your shoes. Brexits a success. 

• Haha 1

Advert:

11 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

Aaaaaand....

....wait for it.....

....nothing, absolutely nothing. Im shocked I tell you. 

Well that’s it then. Forget the actual figure. You got your shoes. Brexits a success. 

Just responding,on a positive note,to an example where there seemed to be an issue.Calm down.

26 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Love the choices in Aldi as well Jimbo,bananas from Columbia, grapes from South Africa and wine from Australia.

I got bananas in the garden, local grapes and strawberries  at the market, mango, papaya, passion fruit and pomegranates in the garden and Thai whisky at £5 a barrel for degreasing and stripping paint 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Just responding,on a positive note,to an example where there seemed to be an issue.Calm down.

You can't think that because you got your shoes that everything is fine then surely? 

13 minutes ago, WV said:

You can't think that because you got your shoes that everything is fine then surely? 

Which part of ‘ a response to an example’ do you not understand?Shoes bought from Germany,no import charge.

Advert:

1 hour ago, Beamish said:

Citing the availability of produce from outside the EU, from places where we would normally have got those things at this time of year is a measure of Brexit success????! 

According to Remainers who were forecasting doom and gloom and empty shops, it can be seen as a success.

The post was simply pointing out that shoppers are not 'faced with empty shelves where groceries used to sit', in reply to a previous claim by MrH.