Jump to content

Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?


Aussie Rules
 Share

Recommended Posts

Advert:


8 hours ago, hillmanhunter said:

UK has decided to delay controls on imports to prevent empty shelves. This delay was due to end on 1st April but has been extended for another 6 months. They can't delay it forever.  At that point I expect even die hard brexiters might start asking questions.

You cannot expect the Leavers to ask questions really, put yourselves in their shoes they have been sold down the river. How their heroes Doris, Gove, Mogg, Farage and co have lied through their teeth, the leavers have been slipt a custard. They have nothing to cheer about, oh sorry I forgot we have sovereignty!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, For Us All said:

Well,I hope and expect things to improve,if I can't get food and drink from the supermarket I'll begin to worry.

Oh to be there the day FUA walks in to his local supermarket and sees only empty shelves where his favourite imported groceries used to sit. The confusion on his face as he realises he's unable to blame Jeremy Corbyn, the twitch as he becomes aware that he traded away his favoured fruit and vegetables in return for a blue passport, the horror when he finally admits that he didn't really give a toss about sovereignty, the tears when he fills his trolley with gruel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Oh to be there the day FUA walks in to his local supermarket and sees only empty shelves where his favourite imported groceries used to sit. The confusion on his face as he realises he's unable to blame Jeremy Corbyn, the twitch as he becomes aware that he traded away his favoured fruit and vegetables in return for a blue passport, the horror when he finally admits that he didn't really give a toss about sovereignty, the tears when he fills his trolley with gruel.

Cheer up,there's always the allotment and Amazon to fall back on?😃

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


9 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Oh to be there the day FUA walks in to his local supermarket and sees only empty shelves where his favourite imported groceries used to sit. The confusion on his face as he realises he's unable to blame Jeremy Corbyn, the twitch as he becomes aware that he traded away his favoured fruit and vegetables in return for a blue passport, the horror when he finally admits that he didn't really give a toss about sovereignty, the tears when he fills his trolley with gruel.

I was up early today for a quick shop at Tesco. I've just checked some labels and see that oranges are from Egypt, tomatoes from Morocco, apples from South Africa, cabbage etc home grown. Shelves were bulging with goods from worldwide and the only tears in my eyes were from the wind.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, JohnJames said:

Imports from the EU. Up by almost 50%.

still we got flags

 

Depends on who you shop with.I ordered a pair of shoes online.Boss.Half price,free post.The only issue was they arrived a week late.I received an apology email and a 20% voucher in compo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jimbo57 said:

I was up early today for a quick shop at Tesco. I've just checked some labels and see that oranges are from Egypt, tomatoes from Morocco, apples from South Africa, cabbage etc home grown. Shelves were bulging with goods from worldwide and the only tears in my eyes were from the wind.

Love the choices in Aldi as well Jimbo,bananas from Columbia, grapes from South Africa and wine from Australia.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Andyregs said:

I presume you’re going to have to move on to another point for FUA to ignore now.

Aaaaaand....

18 hours ago, hillmanhunter said:

What are you expecting to happen? Or, what do you hope will happen?

....wait for it.....

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

Your negativity.☹

....nothing, absolutely nothing. Im shocked I tell you. 

1 hour ago, Howjy04 said:

Depends on who you shop with.I ordered a pair of shoes online.Boss.Half price,free post.The only issue was they arrived a week late.I received an apology email and a 20% voucher in compo.

Well that’s it then. Forget the actual figure. You got your shoes. Brexits a success. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


11 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

Aaaaaand....

....wait for it.....

....nothing, absolutely nothing. Im shocked I tell you. 

Well that’s it then. Forget the actual figure. You got your shoes. Brexits a success. 

Just responding,on a positive note,to an example where there seemed to be an issue.Calm down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Love the choices in Aldi as well Jimbo,bananas from Columbia, grapes from South Africa and wine from Australia.

I got bananas in the garden, local grapes and strawberries  at the market, mango, papaya, passion fruit and pomegranates in the garden and Thai whisky at £5 a barrel for degreasing and stripping paint 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Just responding,on a positive note,to an example where there seemed to be an issue.Calm down.

You can't think that because you got your shoes that everything is fine then surely? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, WV said:

You can't think that because you got your shoes that everything is fine then surely? 

Which part of ‘ a response to an example’ do you not understand?Shoes bought from Germany,no import charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


1 hour ago, Beamish said:

Citing the availability of produce from outside the EU, from places where we would normally have got those things at this time of year is a measure of Brexit success????! 

 

According to Remainers who were forecasting doom and gloom and empty shops, it can be seen as a success.

The post was simply pointing out that shoppers are not 'faced with empty shelves where groceries used to sit', in reply to a previous claim by MrH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...