Jump to content

Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?


Aussie Rules
 Share

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

You really need to see a doctor

I have done.... many times..... they ain't cheap.

Medically/physically...... to many things to worry about.... I said.... not what they said.

Mentally ....... bipolar, sociopath on an up..... they said...... can't really disagree....

Borderline psychopath on a downer...... god job I learned control eh.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


14 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

That's a complete and utter lie Jacko. A pretty low attempt at one too.

 

Further to this, here are some articles from 2016. It was admitted straight away that this figure was a gross figure.

It COULD have been worded more clearly but a statement which is demonstrably true cannot be a lie.

 

We knew 100% it was a gross figure in april/may 2016. Yet for some OVFers the penny has only dropped today. They've been trying to tell us for nearly 4 years that the figure was made up. Simply not true in the slightest.

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36110822

https://www.itv.com/news/2016-05-11/uk-does-get-back-some-of-350m-it-sends-to-eu-boris-johnson-admits/

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/reality-check/2016/may/23/does-the-eu-really-cost-the-uk-350m-a-week

 

I would put it to you, that this figure not only did not have a positive impact on the brexit vote, that the vast amount of lies and propaganda pumped out by the remain media actually meant that it had a detrimental affect on the leave vote.

I don't know why we're still talking about.

In my opinion, if we could account for all votes based on lies and misinformation in the referendum and discount them, then leave would have won by a far greater margin. Trouble is this cannot be proven, and anyone who asserts this to be the truth, or that the opposite is true, is a liar.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


3 hours ago, RealPete said:

RB, you seem to be quite an angry man.  At a time when the government have promised to unite the country again it really reflects badly on you to call other posters liars.  Calm down make yourself a cup of tea.

Not at all Pete, frustrated but certainly not angry.

There's been a long history of lies on this forum. I tried to be as civil and accepting of it as possible at first but then their attention turned to me.

I won't be smeared for having perfectly legitimate mainstream, relatively central political views because someone on the internet wants to remain in a political union. They lost the plot years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Not at all Pete, frustrated but certainly not angry.

There's been a long history of lies on this forum. I tried to be as civil and accepting of it as possible at first but then their attention turned to me.

I won't be smeared for having perfectly legitimate mainstream, relatively central political views because someone on the internet wants to remain in a political union. They lost the plot years ago.

Long history of lies on this forum.

Relatively central political views..

I tried to be civil.

who is this you are on about RB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, tommytunstall said:

Long history of lies on this forum.

Relatively central political views..

I tried to be civil.

who is this you are on about RB?

Feel free to go and find any evidence to the contrary, but I have issued this challenge 100 times on here and they've never managed to find anything.

 

I was just having a glance at the thread from June 2016 and it makes remarkable reading - There's a handful of posters who were 100% spot on with their predictions of what would happen, we knew that Parliament and especially the labour party were out of touch and were bang in trouble. I can honestly say I hold exactly the same views now as I did then. I don't think many on the opposite side can say the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Thanks for finally agreeing with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Hallelujah.

 

Done and dusted? Chance would be a fine thing?!

 

As a gross figure, our membership has cost as much as £20bn a year - Now confirmed by Paul of OVF, the high court, the EU and the ONS.

 

NOW can we please put this one to bed? 😂

I suggest you read what was posted and note the two words in bold, never and before.

Once again, "

"In 2018 the UK’s gross contribution to the EU amounted to £20.0 billion; however, this amount of money was never actually transferred to the EU. It is best thought of as a theoretical liability.

This is because before the UK government transfers any money to the EU, the adjustment (or abatement) is applied".

The facts about the UK's  contribution to the EU budget are clearly written in plain English in the UK ONS document, a non-ministerial department which reports directly to the UK Parliament. The 20bn GBP' is a theoretical liability, you don't want to accept the facts, your position on this matter is laughable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

The whole point is that the EU were responsible for £350m of UK funds. They told us where the rebates must be spent. That is why the gross figure was justified in the eyes of vote leave.

Regal, that's a load of bull. How could the  EU tell the UK where to spend the "Thatcher Rebate" as it was never sent to the EU!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


2 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

I suggest you read what was posted and note the two words in bold, never and before.

Once again, "

"In 2018 the UK’s gross contribution to the EU amounted to £20.0 billion; however, this amount of money was never actually transferred to the EU. It is best thought of as a theoretical liability.

This is because before the UK government transfers any money to the EU, the adjustment (or abatement) is applied".

The facts about the UK's  contribution to the EU budget are clearly written in plain English in the UK ONS document, a non-ministerial department which reports directly to the UK Parliament. The 20bn GBP' is a theoretical liability, you don't want to accept the facts, your position on this matter is laughable.

Come on paul, it is done and dusted, you are down the rabbit hole massively now trying to claw some dignity back.

 

Is it up to 20bn gross? Yes.

 

That's it, that's the end, confirmed by eu, high court, ons.

 

We know that is not the net figure, I can admit that. It seems that you cant admit the gross figure though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 21/02/2020 at 19:00, Davebrad said:

or is it because they fear that, as we haven't succumbed to their and our home grown fearologists, and they see other countries are willing to come and trade with us, they are now worried... the eu have internal problems and pressures ie Germany economy, French farmers very aggressive, Poland and Hungary rebelling against the eu, Norway and Sweden under pressure to pay more into the pot, so Greece Spain etc can have more out, and poor little, off shore UK votes to get out of it and take their £67m with them. If what the news reporters are saying about the budget meeting, those doors are locked and will be for the foreseeable future, till the bloodletting has finished...if it ever does. Its akin to sitting back up in the balcony and enjoying the show.

 

No, I think it's what I said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, For Us All said:

 

If you gave your £24,000 to the gravy train you'd be lucky to get £7,400 back?

Oh,and they'd tell you how to spend it.

That's an interesting point. I just looked up how grants are decided. You're wrong.

"Funding is managed according to strict rules to ensure there is tight control over how funds are used and that the money is spent in a transparent, accountable manner.

As a group, the 27 EU Commissioners have the ultimate political responsibility for ensuring that EU funds are spent properly. But because most of the funding is managed within the beneficiary countries, responsibility for conducting checks and annual audits lies with national governments"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


50 minutes ago, hillmanhunter said:

That's an interesting point. I just looked up how grants are decided. You're wrong.

"Funding is managed according to strict rules to ensure there is tight control over how funds are used and that the money is spent in a transparent, accountable manner.

As a group, the 27 EU Commissioners have the ultimate political responsibility for ensuring that EU funds are spent properly. But because most of the funding is managed within the beneficiary countries, responsibility for conducting checks and annual audits lies with national governments"

in that case france and particularly its farmers have a great amount of clout...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...