Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

12 minutes ago, geosname said:

Keep an eye out for the pogroms, work camps and thought retraining establishments.

They were part of the Nazi tool kit. Pogroms were aimed at at Jews . One of the worst was in Lviv by Nazis and Ukrainian nationalists. 

Advert:

12 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

They were part of the Nazi tool kit. Pogroms were aimed at at Jews . One of the worst was in Lviv by Nazis and Ukrainian nationalists. 

China under Mao and Russia under Stalin and the Tsars. 

It was my post to which FUA was responding. I do not believe either of us were advocating shutting down the thread which then seems to have somehow led to accusations of behaving along the lines of a Nazi or Communist dictatorship.

My point was that the level of discussion on this particular thread had ceased to be informative to me. People sit in their entrenched positions and throw newspaper articles that suit their viewpoint in to the mix. I did used to find reading the alternative viewpoint to the one I held interesting.

The Trump thread I do still find informative. I find Paul's views utterly bizarre but appreciate actually seeing them set out. It educates me in how someone else thinks without it being filtered through the media. It seems a while since this thread did that and that is what I was commenting upon.

• Thanks 1

Advert:

12 minutes ago, Tony Rodriguez said:

It was my post to which FUA was responding. I do not believe either of us were advocating shutting down the thread which then seems to have somehow led to accusations of behaving along the lines of a Nazi or Communist dictatorship.

My point was that the level of discussion on this particular thread had ceased to be informative to me. People sit in their entrenched positions and throw newspaper articles that suit their viewpoint in to the mix. I did used to find reading the alternative viewpoint to the one I held interesting.

The Trump thread I do still find informative. I find Paul's views utterly bizarre but appreciate actually seeing them set out. It educates me in how someone else thinks without it being filtered through the media. It seems a while since this thread did that and that is what I was commenting upon.

What's bizarre about someone who lives in America supporting the policies of a president who puts America and Americans first. What's bizarre about pointing out the irrational posts of people who just lap up what they've read in the left wing press from 3k miles away and have no/little clue about the true events that have transpired in the USA over the last 4-5 years.

Eg, The number of OVFers who still believe in Russian Collusion ec is truly bizarre as it's been debunked in more ways than the Vale can concede a goal.

Brexit is a stupid idea that will only help hedge funds and disaster capitalists. Feel free to provide a benefit to Brexit. I’m sure we’d be delighted to widen the discussion.

To be fair to Paul what he believes is no more crazy than what the Brexit supporters believe. Both have their roots in Bannon,Russia the Mercer’s who fund the IEA and TPA along with the Kochs.

The aim being to privatise the NHS. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

What's bizarre about someone who lives in America supporting the policies of a president who puts America and Americans first. What's bizarre about pointing out the irrational posts of people who just lap up what they've read in the left wing press from 3k miles away and have no/little clue about the true events that have transpired in the USA over the last 4-5 years.

Eg, The number of OVFers who still believe in Russian Collusion ec is truly bizarre as it's been debunked in more ways than the Vale can concede a goal.

The FBI have a whole bunch of Russians on their most wanted lists for electoral fraud. Incidentally one of them was involved in Brexit.

53 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Lol 

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

Certainly is bizarre 

Advert:

2 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

We accept you commenting on Vale from 3,000 miles away.  Why can't we say a few words about a President who never once achieved a 50% approval rating in his entire term despite him doing all this wonderful stuff?

2 hours ago, JohnJames said:

The FBI have a whole bunch of Russians on their most wanted lists for electoral fraud. Incidentally one of them was involved in Brexit.

The FBI has by and large stayed away from investigating 2020 election fraud indeed the FBI actively conspired with the Democrats to prevent Trump from becoming President. etc.  

The USA, just like any other western democracy, cannot prevent Russia or China or any other country from meddling in its elections or affairs either via the internet, espionage or whatever, However knowingly colluding with another power is a totally different matter on a different level and if there was any meaningful hint of Russian collusion by Trump he would be in prison by now.

6 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

The FBI has by and large stayed away from investigating 2020 election fraud indeed the FBI actively conspired with the Democrats to prevent Trump from becoming President. etc.  

Is that the same FBI that dropped the bombshell of further investigation into Clinton's emails a week before the election in 2016? 

Just for clarity, are you now saying it's possible there was Russian interference in the 2016 election?

Edited by Jacko51

35 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

We accept you commenting on Vale from 3,000 miles away.  Why can't we say a few words about a President who never once achieved a 50% approval rating in his entire term despite him doing all this wonderful stuff?

I watch every game live, read what I can and been a Vale fan for nigh on 60 years as well as being a football fan. I don't usually comment on players Vale could sign etc as I'm not exposed/have access to the info.

You  are free to say what you like, I just give an alternative opinion based on living in the country and hence being exposed to a wider range of arguments and opinions about a POTUS.

8 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

The USA, just like any other western democracy, cannot prevent Russia or China or any other country from meddling in its elections or affairs either via the internet, espionage or whatever, However knowingly colluding with another power is a totally different matter on a different level and if there was any meaningful hint of Russian collusion by Trump he would be in prison by now.

The FBI helped trump become president. By all means pop back to the trump thread and we will talk about the mueller investigation. Please decide if it exonerates him or is a shambles first though. It doesn’t, however, look for collusion. 

Advert: