• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

Advert:

2 hours ago, jimbo57 said:

Who is Im?

And this is after being edited.

Capital J's not available when you were choosing your username?

My English may not be perfect but I'm not part of the Britain first crew am I. I think if you are that passionate about being English/British then the least you could do is learn the language. (That phrase feels familiar) 

15 minutes ago, hillmanhunter said:

I'm not sure how people that supported an act that has damaged our country can claim to be patriotic.

They will blame any bad news on the EU and any good news as a win for Brexit. Also any other news which is good and not related will be passed off as Brexit victories. (As seen on this thread already). That way they can convince themselves that they made the right decision all along.  And they also genuinely think someone like Nigel Farage would give them the time of day away from trying to win votes. Man of the people is hilarious. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, WV said:

Capital J's not available when you were choosing your username?

My English may not be perfect but I'm not part of the Britain first crew am I. I think if you are that passionate about being English/British then the least you could do is learn the language. (That phrase feels familiar) 

Is that a bit like saying..... I voted remain so I don't need to be intelligent? 

• Haha 1

Advert:

22 minutes ago, WV said:

They will blame any bad news on the EU and any good news as a win for Brexit. Also any other news which is good and not related will be passed off as Brexit victories. (As seen on this thread already). That way they can convince themselves that they made the right decision all along.  And they also genuinely think someone like Nigel Farage would give them the time of day away from trying to win votes. Man of the people is hilarious. 

They will blame the bad news on brexit and any glimmer of good news as nothing to do with brexit...... oh hang on.... that's the other lot.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, geosname said:

They will blame the bad news on brexit and any glimmer of good news as nothing to do with brexit...... oh hang on.... that's the other lot.

That's such a strawman. Isn't it fair to blame import/export friction to and from The EU on Brexit? 

What would you blame this on?

Brexit: 71 pages of paperwork for 1 lorry of fish

13 minutes ago, hillmanhunter said:

That's such a strawman. Isn't it fair to blame import/export friction to and from The EU on Brexit? 

What would you blame this on?

Brexit: 71 pages of paperwork for 1 lorry of fish

Will blaming anyone fix it?

You could blame brexit. You could blame the EU for putting up barriers or just being belligerent. You could blame Labour for not winning the election or farage for smoking cigars.

It boils down to the simple fact that if you voted remain you will probably blame brexit for anything/everything. If you voted leave you will probably praise it.

If you voted leave or remain and expected instant results or no hiccups or ballsups you are a bit deluded.

Advert:

3 minutes ago, geosname said:

You could blame brexit. You could blame the EU for putting up barriers or just being belligerent. You could blame Labour for not winning the election or farage for smoking cigars.

It boils down to the simple fact that if you voted remain you will probably blame brexit for anything/everything. If you voted leave you will probably praise it.

If you voted leave or remain and expected instant results or no hiccups or ballsups you are a bit deluded.

71 pages of paperwork for a lorry load of fish is not a hiccup. It is a product of Brexit.

I feel safe in blaming Brexit for it. I suppose some people could try and praise Brexit for creating 71 pages of paperwork for a lorry load of fish, I've yet to see it and would perhaps be morbidly curious to see the mental gymnastics it would involve. 

Understanding what has happened will help prevent this from happening again. It's a patriotic "lest we forget" duty.

52 minutes ago, geosname said:

Spot on geo 

Advert: