Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

8 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

I voted leave so we could have more control 

Yes especially over our borders 

but that to people like u is racist 

I’ve given our government chance to change what they know do is out of my control 

If you voted for more control over our own borders then why are you getting so worked up about the EU controlling theirs (Ireland) 

I wasn't implying you were racist, just a bit dense. 

So it's out of your control yet you knew exactly what you were voting for? Make your mind up. 

Edited by WV

Advert:

38 minutes ago, WV said:

If you voted for more control over our own borders then why are you getting so worked up about the EU controlling theirs (Ireland) 

So it's out of your control yet you knew exactly what you were voting for? Make your mind up. 

So once again you're reduced to name calling in your feeble attempt to score points.

Little Englander, racist, didn't know what you were voting for? All so so boring and predictable. But the truth is you lost and you find it hard if not impossible, to accept it.

Do yourself a favour and move on.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

So once again you're reduced to name calling in your feeble attempt to score points.

Little Englander, racist, didn't know what you were voting for? All so so boring and predictable. But the truth is you lost and you find it hard if not impossible, to accept it.

You know what Jimbo, I'd rather have lost this than have won but be stuck with your brain for the rest of my life. 

14 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

To be honest, for people who constantly moan that they did know what they voted for, the last few pages here are pretty damning. But yes back to your sports game, ‘you won’. I accept that, but I also accept it was an idiotic decision. As long as you win though then nothing else matters. We should move on now and let’s not talk about what a mess that’s been made. Nothing to see here. 

Edited by Andyregs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WV said:

I ain’t worked up on the Irish border we didn’t need one and didn’t want one the controlling EU insisted on it 

I’ve told u what I voted for and I’ll tell u again I voted to have more control and not be told how many we are having by a panel in Europe 

Just because we now can change things does not mean that boris and the government will what have I got make my mind up about thst for 🤷🏿‍♂️

I’ll ignore the dense bit as I prob started the bitching 

Advert:

6 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

I ain’t worked up on the Irish border we didn’t need one and didn’t want one the controlling EU insisted on it 

I’ve told u what I voted for and I’ll tell u again I voted to have more control and not be told how many we are having by a panel in Europe 

Just because we now can change things does not mean that boris and the government will what have I got make my mind up about thst for 🤷🏿‍♂️

I’ll ignore the dense bit as I prob started the bitching 

There wouldn’t have been a border in Ireland if we’d stayed in the Customs Union and single market which the liars on the Leave Eu side said  we would. 

5 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

Lads 

instead of drilling us leave voters are u lot going tell us why you would of preferred to be run by a European panel? 

A Council of Ministers and a  Parliament  of MEPs is far more democratic than the  House of Lords. 

10 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

Lads 

instead of drilling us leave voters are u lot going tell us why you would of preferred to be run by a European panel? 

Stolen from a website, but does a good job of listing a few out.

Membership of the world’s largest trading bloc with over 500 million consumers, representing 23% of global GDP

The UK has greater global influence as a member of the EU

The EU provides a counterweight to the global power of the US, Russia and China

Tariff-free trade within the EU

The abolition of non-tariff barriers (quotas, subsidies, administrative rules etc.) among members

The EU accounts for 44% of all UK exports of goods and services

The EU accounts for 53% of all UK imports of goods and services

Cheaper food and alcohol imports from continental Europe

As a member of the EU the UK maintains a say in the shaping of the rules governing its trade with its European partners

3.1 million jobs in the UK are directly linked to exports to the EU

Free movement of labour has helped UK firms plug skills gaps (translators, doctors, plumbers)

Free movement of labour has helped address shortages of unskilled workers (fruit picking, catering)

The Single Market has brought the best continental footballers to the Premier League

The EU accounts for 47% of the UK’s stock of inward Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), worth over $1.2 trillion

Access to the EU Single Market has helped attract investment into the UK from outside the EU

No paperwork or customs for UK exports throughout the single market

Price transparency and removal of commissions on currency transactions across the Eurozone

FDI into the UK has effectively doubled since the creation of the EU Single Market

The UK’s net contribution to the EU budget is around €7.3bn, or 0.4% of GDP (less than an eighth of the UK’s defence spending)

No time consuming border checks for travellers (apart from in the UK)

The City of London, as a global financial hub, has acted as a bridge between foreign business and the EU

British banks and insurance companies have been able to operate freely across the EU

Cornwall receives up to £750 million per year from the EU Social Fund (ESF)

Structural funding for areas of the UK hit by industrial decline (South Wales, Yorkshire)

Support for rural areas under the European Agricultural Fund for Regional Development (EAFRD)

EU funding for infrastructure projects in the UK including £122 million for the “Midlands engine” project

Financial support from the EU for over 3,000 small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the UK

EU funding for the British film industry

EU funding for British theatre, music and dance

EU funding for British sport, including football apprenticeships, tennis and rugby league

Glasgow (1990) and Liverpool (2008) benefitted from being European capitals of culture, stimulating their local economies

EU competition laws protect consumers by combatting monopolistic business practices

Strict controls on the operations of Multinational Corporations (MNCs) in the EU

Human Rights protected under the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights

The death penalty can never be reintroduced as it is incompatible with EU membership

Minority languages such as Welsh and Irish are recognized and protected under EU law

The right to reside in any EU member state

The freedom to work in 28 countries without visa and immigration restrictions

The mutual recognition of professional qualifications has facilitated the free movement of engineers, teachers and doctors across the EU

The mutual recognition of educational diplomas

The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) has standardized assessment of language proficiency across the EU

The freedom to study in 28 countries (many EU universities teach courses in English and charge lower fees than in the UK)

The Erasmus programme of university exchanges (benefitting 16000 UK students a year)

The freedom to set up a business in 28 countries

The ability to retire in any member state

Pension transferability

The right to vote in local and European Parliamentary elections if resident in any member state

EU laws making it easier for British people to buy property on the continent

The right to receive emergency healthcare in any member state (EHIC card)

Consular protection from any EU embassy outside the EU

The EU has played a leading role in combatting global warming (Paris 2015 climate change conference)

Common EU greenhouse gas emissions targets (19% reduction from 1990 to 2015)

Improvements in air quality (significant reductions in sulphur dioxide and nitrogen oxides) as a result of EU legislation

Reductions in sewage emissions

Improvements in the quality of beaches and bathing water

EU standards on the quality of drinking water

Restrictions on landfill dumping

EU targets for recycling

Common EU regulations on the transportation and disposal of toxic waste

The implementation of EU policies to reduce noise pollution in urban areas

EU policies have stimulated offshore wind farms

Strict safety standards for cars, buses and trucks

Protection of endangered species and habitats (EU Natura 2000 network)

Strict ban on animal testing in the cosmetics industry

Membership of the European Medicines Agency (EMA) which monitors the quality and safety of medicines (until recently located in London)

13% of EU budget earmarked for scientific research and innovation

The UK receives £730 million a year in EU funding for research

EU funding for UK universities

Cooperation in the peaceful use of nuclear energy as a member of Euratom

Minimum paid annual leave and time off work (Working Time Directive)

Equal pay between men and women enshrined in European law since 1957

The right to work no more than 48 hours a week without paid overtime

Minimum guaranteed maternity leave of 14 weeks for pregnant women

Rights to a minimum 18 weeks of parental leave after child birth

EU anti-discrimination laws governing age, religion and sexual orientation

EU rules governing health and safety at work

The rights to collective bargaining and trade union membership are enshrined in EU employment law

The UK enjoys an opt out from the single currency and maintains full control of its borders as a non-member of the Schengen area

Since 1985 the UK has received a budget rebate equivalent to 66% of its net contribution to the EU budget

EU cross-country coordination offers greater protection from terrorists, pedophiles, people traffickers and cyber-crime

The European common arrest warrant

Europe-wide patent and copyright protection

EU consumer protection laws concerning transparency and product guarantees of quality and safety

Improved food labeling

A ban on growth hormones and other harmful food additives

Cheaper air travel due to EU competition laws

Common EU air passenger rights

Deregulation of the European energy market has increased consumer choice and lowered prices

Mutual recognition of the common European driving license

The introduction of the European pet passport

The abolition of mobile telephone roaming charges

The EU acts as a guarantor of the Irish Good Friday Agreement

A frictionless Irish border

The EU acts as a guarantor of the special status of Gibraltar

The EU helped support and maintain democracy in Spain, Portugal and Greece from the 1970s and these countries have become major destinations for British tourists

EU membership has helped facilitate intercultural dialogue

• Like 1

Advert:

3 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

I followed farage on it 

I like what he says 

and to be fair he knows a lot more about the EU than all of us on here 

The benefit to him was that thousands of idiots sent him money to stand as Candidates £100 each which he kept.

Everything else makes you a racist Nazi. 

18 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Membership of the world’s largest trading bloc with over 500 million consumers, representing 23% of global GDP

The abolition of non-tariff barriers (quotas, subsidies, administrative rules etc.) among members

As a member of the EU the UK maintains a say in the shaping of the rules governing its trade with its European partners

Free movement of labour has helped UK firms plug skills gaps (translators, doctors, plumbers)

Free movement of labour has helped address shortages of unskilled workers (fruit picking, catering)

The Single Market has brought the best continental footballers to the Premier League

The EU accounts for 47% of the UK’s stock of inward Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), worth over $1.2 trillion

Access to the EU Single Market has helped attract investment into the UK from outside the EU

Price transparency and removal of commissions on currency transactions across the Eurozone

FDI into the UK has effectively doubled since the creation of the EU Single Market

The UK’s net contribution to the EU budget is around €7.3bn, or 0.4% of GDP (less than an eighth of the UK’s defence spending)

The City of London, as a global financial hub, has acted as a bridge between foreign business and the EU

British banks and insurance companies have been able to operate freely across the EU

Structural funding for areas of the UK hit by industrial decline (South Wales, Yorkshire)

Support for rural areas under the European Agricultural Fund for Regional Development (EAFRD)

EU funding for infrastructure projects in the UK including £122 million for the “Midlands engine” project

Financial support from the EU for over 3,000 small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the UK

EU funding for British sport, including football apprenticeships, tennis and rugby league

Glasgow (1990) and Liverpool (2008) benefitted from being European capitals of culture, stimulating their local economies

EU competition laws protect consumers by combatting monopolistic business practices

Strict controls on the operations of Multinational Corporations (MNCs) in the EU

The death penalty can never be reintroduced as it is incompatible with EU membership

Minority languages such as Welsh and Irish are recognized and protected under EU law

The mutual recognition of professional qualifications has facilitated the free movement of engineers, teachers and doctors across the EU

The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) has standardized assessment of language proficiency across the EU

The freedom to study in 28 countries (many EU universities teach courses in English and charge lower fees than in the UK)

The Erasmus programme of university exchanges (benefitting 16000 UK students a year)

Pension transferability

The right to vote in local and European Parliamentary elections if resident in any member state

The EU has played a leading role in combatting global warming (Paris 2015 climate change conference)

Improvements in air quality (significant reductions in sulphur dioxide and nitrogen oxides) as a result of EU legislation

EU targets for recycling

Membership of the European Medicines Agency (EMA) which monitors the quality and safety of medicines (until recently located in London)

The rights to collective bargaining and trade union membership are enshrined in EU employment law

The UK enjoys an opt out from the single currency and maintains full control of its borders as a non-member of the Schengen area

Since 1985 the UK has received a budget rebate equivalent to 66% of its net contribution to the EU budget

EU cross-country coordination offers greater protection from terrorists, pedophiles, people traffickers and cyber-crime

EU consumer protection laws concerning transparency and product guarantees of quality and safety

Improved food labeling

Deregulation of the European energy market has increased consumer choice and lowered prices

The EU helped support and maintain democracy in Spain, Portugal and Greece from the 1970s and these countries have become major destinations for British tourists

We done IC,a fine example of how to copy and paste.😉It's a pity the Remain side didn't promote this side of the argument in 2016 instead of focusing on a red bus and Russian collusion.They might have won?

2 hours ago, sunny boslem said:

I voted leave so we could have more control 

Yes especially over our borders 

You want control over our borders, got it. 

48 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

Soooo you don’t want a border? And so you want an open border with the EU. Youre going to have to explain this one? Immigration from Ireland to the uk was second highest in the uk. I thought we wanted to stop that?

31 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

Lads 

Because you’ve just made that up. In fact we had more control over European policy than most countries in it.

12 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

Wow 

I would like to show that to mr farage who would understand it a lot better than I ever will 

loads of it will not change though 

It’s a shame you’ve given up your own thought processes to such a grifter. 

Advert:

5 minutes ago, For Us All said:

We done IC,a fine example of how to copy and paste.😉It's a pity the Remain side didn't promote this side of the argument in 2016 instead of focusing on a red bus and Russian collusion.They might have won?

You think people voted based on facts after reading these last few pages? 

6 minutes ago, For Us All said:

So the problem is that remainers didn't do other peoples homework for them. Got it.

29 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Pension transferability

EU targets for recycling

Improved food labeling

have you missed uncle tom cobly... off the list?