Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

3 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

"and may be removed" thats about right, so how many would voluntary leave? your having a laugh...

What in earth? You literally quoted that they can be removed. It doesn’t say they have to voluntarily leave. You’re actually quoting the words and trying to tell me they mean something else. I thought this couldn’t get any crazier. 

The rest didn’t quote, but you literally stated that you voted for brexit to stop illegal immigration. The word illegal means it wasn’t legal.

35 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

What in earth? You literally quoted that they can be removed. It doesn’t say they have to voluntarily leave. You’re actually quoting the words and trying to tell me they mean something else. I thought this couldn’t get any crazier. 

The rest didn’t quote, but you literally stated that you voted for brexit to stop illegal immigration. The word illegal means it wasn’t legal.

you wrote- 

If an EU citizen does not meet one of the requirements for residence set out in the Directive [employed, self-employed, self-sufficient, student] then they will not have a right to reside in the UK and may be removed.

i then replied-

"and may be removed" thats about right, so how many would voluntary leave? your having a laugh...

you've just wrote-

What in earth? You literally quoted that they can be removed. It doesn’t say they have to voluntarily leave. You’re actually quoting the words and trying to tell me they mean something else

ok reading this 2-3times , and i think the word "may" is causing the problem, 

may- permission to...  your meaning.

may- might be...  my reading.

1 minute ago, Davebrad said:

you wrote- 

If an EU citizen does not meet one of the requirements for residence set out in the Directive [employed, self-employed, self-sufficient, student] then they will not have a right to reside in the UK and may be removed.

i then replied-

you've just wrote-

What in earth? You literally quoted that they can be removed. It doesn’t say they have to voluntarily leave. You’re actually quoting the words and trying to tell me they mean something else

ok reading this 2-3times , and i think the word "may" is causing the problem, 

may- permission to...  your meaning.

may- might be...  my reading.

I was literally quoting European laws. It’s not written as a suggestion to immigrants that they are allowed to leave if they want. In what way or context does your definition make any sense? Why would the EU write laws for something to suggest someone can leave if they want? Did they think that they weren’t allowed to go home? 

2 hours ago, Davebrad said:

i voted in part to leave the eu to stop illegal immigration yes, 

How does that work?  Surely illegal immigration will happened whether we are in or out of the EU?  How ill being out of the EU stop it if it’s illegal??

9 hours ago, Davebrad said:

but arn't our friends and partners across the channel, being just a wee bit un friendly in their approach to trading with that free independent off shore state, ie our fishing rights not theirs, so what do they do? ban the sale of shell fish has not cleaned, as they used to import them and then clean them. Boris could be thinking of investing a million or so and cleaning them ourselves, but then that would put the french cleaners out of business...oh well entente cordiale...but business is business

No Dave, no. Because the EU didn't ban it, you are talking fish b*llocks. They can't - because you can't just decide to ban something that is legally binding in an agreement without repercussions. The government, the negotiators of the deal, didn't include it. Didn't see it as worthwhile, didn't think about it, didn't argue for it, however you want to look at it.

It's just the way it is. Business are expendable. People's livelihoods are expendable. At least they are happier and more free though, right?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Davebrad said:

but arn't our friends and partners across the channel, being just a wee bit un friendly in their approach to trading with that free independent off shore state, ie our fishing rights not theirs, so what do they do? ban the sale of shell fish has not cleaned, as they used to import them and then clean them. Boris could be thinking of investing a million or so and cleaning them ourselves, but then that would put the french cleaners out of business...oh well entente cordiale...but business is business

The fish were not imported before, they lived in the market. Depends whether the fish live in the market or not, when they lived  in they were cleaned in the market, now they live they out  must be clean to come into the market and certificated as clean.