Jump to content

Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?


Aussie Rules
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

To me the only point is from which parties MEPs were invited. Incredible that none were.

So 1 each from SNP,  greens, lib dems, Labour and a journalist/economist/comedian  would be ok?.... it may be the usual political balance but the issue was brexit not politics..... I thought we were agreed it shouldn't be a party issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, geosname said:

So 1 each from SNP,  greens, lib dems, Labour and a journalist/economist/comedian  would be ok?.... it may be the usual political balance but the issue was brexit not politics..... I thought we were agreed it shouldn't be a party issue.

Over a period of 10 years there were 50 occasions where the presence of an MEP was considered relevant, but only from one viewpoint?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

yes that's the one, but Piers was not on that morning, or  else the 2-(self moded), would not have got away with shouting Dale down.

Piers would presumably have been the one doing the shouting as usual, or is it only ok to shout someone down when you agree with the person doing the shouting?

Edited by cheshirevaliant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, cheshirevaliant said:

Piers would presumably have been the one doing the shouting as usual, or is it only ok to shout someone down when you agree with the person doing the shouting?

if its you can do what and how you like, look how Andrew Neil interviews, but this is how interviews go nowadays, I was taught not to interrupt...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good news and bad news from the irish election, the good,  varadkar a true dipstick looks to be out on the side lines now (that will teach him to call the UK a small country, and blustering about how Ireland and the eu will be better than the UK,). The bad the irish nationalists sinn fein seem to be the main party in their new government...with a coalition with 2 or 3 little parties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

good news and bad news from the irish election, the good,  varadkar a true dipstick looks to be out on the side lines now (that will teach him to call the UK a small country, and blustering about how Ireland and the eu will be better than the UK,). The bad the irish nationalists sinn fein seem to be the main party in their new government...with a coalition with 2 or 3 little parties.

Why do you care about what is going on in the EU??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Why do you care about what is going on in the EU??

I don't care what is going on in the eu, but I do care about what they say/threaten about the UK, and that dipstick from Ireland spouting off about "we" will do this, and "we" will do that, and make you suffer for daring to leave our great community...in fact following the eu line.

and the sinn fein, because they were spawned by murders, and are still trying to do us harm...

Edited by Davebrad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Davebrad said:

I don't care what is going on in the eu, but I do care about what they say/threaten about the UK, and that dipstick from Ireland spouting off about "we" will do this, and "we" will do that, and make you suffer for daring to leave our great community...in fact following the eu line.

and the sinn fein, because they were spawned by murders, and are still trying to do us harm...

I suppose we should have nothing to do with France, or Spain, or Germany, in fact anyone in the world we have fought a war against in the past. Or is it because the Irish Troubles are still within relatively recent memory?

Whenever there has been conflict, someone has to reach out to make peace - and that's what Sinn Fein did by the Good Friday Agreement and the fact that they have shared power, peacefully, in Northern Ireland since 1999. Or do you have no interest in peace?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...