Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Pfizer have only applied for EMA approval today.

I wonder if that is a brexit positive or negative? We are due to start administering it next week after the UK's MHRA approved it today.

I knew brexit was good but I didn't think it would be live saving good 😂

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Thanks to Turkish immigrants that launched the German company and  created the Vaccine  approved under EU law pasted by English clowns.

Wow, almost as if we don't need to be in the EU to do business with German companies founded by Turkish immigrants and we get the added benefit of not having to wait for the EU to tell us what to do, we can do it much quicker.

I'm struggling to see a downside Fosse I'm not going to lie.

57 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

I saw the other day that the EU are getting the moderna vaccine much cheaper than we are. Another brexit consequence.

Yep true,

It's better to have vaccines later and penny pinch than to spend a bit more and get them sooner.

Sounds a bit conservative to me.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Wow, almost as if we don't need to be in the EU to do business with German companies founded by Turkish immigrants and we get the added benefit of not having to wait for the EU to tell us what to do, we can do it much quicker.

I'm struggling to see a downside Fosse I'm not going to lie.

Hardly surprising

Williamson is a grade one embarrassment and an idiot of the highest level.

"We're better than Belgium, France and the USA, miles better, so that's why we've got the vaccine first."

Odd that. I thought it was manufactured in Belgium and was the product of German-American collaboration, among others.

The man is a complete fool and shames us all by his stupid nationalistic comments. 

9 minutes ago, TheSage said:

"We're better than Belgium, France and the USA, miles better, so that's why we've got the vaccine first."

Odd that. I thought it was manufactured in Belgium and was the product of German-American collaboration, among others.

The man is a complete fool and shames us all by his stupid nationalistic comments. 

He is, like a number of others in the Cabinet, not there because of his intellect. 

7 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Invented by two Turkish  immigrants  in Germany 

15 minutes ago, TheSage said:

He has got a bit of form for this type of thing. A couple of years ago he told the Russians to "shut up and go away". And then these rather embarrassing comments today. He'll be seeking out the Shadow Secretary of State for Education Kate Green next, to tell her that his Dad is bigger than her Dad and would win in a fight, so there.

On 02/12/2020 at 14:36, Regal Beagle said:

Looks like Pfizer have only applied for EMA approval today.

I wonder if that is a brexit positive or negative? We are due to start administering it next week after the UK's MHRA approved it today.

I knew brexit was good but I didn't think it would be live saving good 😂

The claim that we received the quickest approval due to Brexit has been proven to be completely false. Under EMA laws individual countries can use an emergency procedure for these sorts of vaccines.

(sources: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/55163730https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-brexit-did-not-speed-up-uk-vaccine-authorisationhttps://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/blog/covid-vaccine-decisions-brexit)

MRHA had to work using the EU guidelines it is still governed by up until the end of the transition period.

This is more to do with the good work of the MHRA than some nonsensical fantasy. If Brexit is to be so fantastic, why do its proponents have to make up lies about it?

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

The claim that we received the quickest approval due to Brexit has been proven to be completely false. Under EMA laws individual countries can use an emergency procedure for these sorts of vaccines.

(sources: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/55163730https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-brexit-did-not-speed-up-uk-vaccine-authorisationhttps://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/blog/covid-vaccine-decisions-brexit)

MRHA had to work using the EU guidelines it is still governed by up until the end of the transition period.

This is more to do with the good work of the MHRA than some nonsensical fantasy. If Brexit is to be so fantastic, why do its proponents have to make up lies about it?

The @Regal Beagle truth and evidence paradox strikes again! 

On 03/12/2020 at 18:15, Joe B said:

The EMA,the EU regulator,won't rule on the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine until December 29th.

We have used our own emergency regulations to approve an immediate roll-out of this vaccine ahead of 27 other nations who seem to be waiting to be told what to do?

Time to be thankful that we can decide for ourselves to be at the front of the queue and not waste valuable time.

Back the vacc.

2 hours ago, For Us All said:

The EMA,the EU regulator,won't rule on the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine until December 29th.

We have used our own emergency regulations to approve an immediate roll-out of this vaccine ahead of 27 other nations who seem to be waiting to be told what to do?

Time to be thankful that we can decide for ourselves to be at the front of the queue and not waste valuable time.

Back the vacc.

After what’s just been posted are you still trying to claim we could only do this because of brexit? Or have you not been told what your new opinion is yet on this?

• Haha 1

The other EU countries must be pleased, if it is the Right Wing Tory preference of a no deal, they will pick loads of business up, Toyota the latest to warn. I can fully understand why the likes of Mogg, Bone, IDS etc want to pull out. But the Rule Brittania man on the street is beyond me. Like Turkeys voting for Christmas.