Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Aussie Rules

9 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Not unusual for story gatherers to read other sources, lots of stories appear in the Guardian and Independent newspapers that don't appear in their more numerous competitors. For the BBC a means of balance. 

If they wanted balance then why are they not also reading neo-nazi media sources, or full on comunist sources?

23 hours ago, hillmanhunter said:

I just looked that up. You're wrong.

Guardian circulation for 2019 = 141,600

40% of that is 56,640. Straight away it seems incredible to think the BBC is buying 56k copies of The Guardian everyday.

A further google points to the probable source. A Guido Fawkes article stating that The BBC 59,829 copies between April 1 2010 and 28 February 2011.

I think you've confused 1 day and 10 months.

How many copies of the Sun,Mail etc does the BBC buy every day?

22 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Not unusual for story gatherers to read other sources, lots of stories appear in the Guardian and Independent newspapers that don't appear in their more numerous competitors. For the BBC a means of balance. 

You mean like the balance every week on Question Time.

Was there 4 or was it 5 remainers on the panel this week?

On 08/02/2020 at 10:34, For Us All said:

How many copies of the Sun,Mail etc does the BBC buy every day?

between 1 April 2010 and 28 February 2011, the BBC bought 59,829 copies of the Guardian compared with 51,384 copies of the Times and 48,968 copies of the Daily Telegraph. The Daily Mail came in fourth (45,553) and the Financial Times was eighth (33,721).

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Does that mean one leaver was invited every two weeks to face 3/4/5 remainers?

Does it follow that the weeks leavers were not invited only remainers were?

Is that the number invited or accepted?

Statistics..... statistics......

• Like 1

9 hours ago, geosname said:

It means that no British MEPs appeared on QT who were not members of UKIP, Brexit, or Con parties, Thus a view from other British  parties of the EU was not given. If they were not invited presumably they could not sit on the panel.

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

It means that no British MEPs appeared on QT who were not members of UKIP, Brexit, or Con parties, Thus a view from other British  parties of the EU was not given. If they were not invited presumably they could not sit on the panel.

Ah so there was no room for MORE remainers because there was so many remainers on there?

• Like 1

Anyone see the Ian Dale GMB interview last week where he walked off because he was basically ambushed by 2 morons and the presenters of the show did nothing to police their debate.

It is a familiar tactic on there, I think terry Christian was posted on here somewhere the week before. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, geosname said:

I thought the whole point of the Brexit debate was to bandy about random statistics???

27 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Anyone see the Ian Dale GMB interview last week where he walked off because he was basically ambushed by 2 morons and the presenters of the show did nothing to police their debate.

It is a familiar tactic on there, I think terry Christian was posted on here somewhere the week before. 

This is GMB which is presented several times a week by Piers Morgan?

39 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I thought the whole point of the Brexit debate was to bandy about random statistics???

Not from me Jean..... statistics can be made to fit what someone wants to say no matter which side of an argument you happen to be on.... pinch of salt stuff.

12 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

It states that no non-Brexit MEPs were invited, thus they could not refuse. Thus only Brexit MEP views were heard.

Not quite how I read it..... but..... were the leavers there to counter ballance the number of remainers?..... otherwise the BBC would appear biased.

I haven't seen many but I can't remember seeing 2 leavers on the same panel.... against 3-4 remainers..... we can't be thinking aunty beeb is biased surely.

1 minute ago, geosname said:

Not quite how I read it..... but..... were the leavers there to counter ballance the number of remainers?..... otherwise the BBC would appear biased.

I haven't seen many but I can't remember seeing 2 leavers on the same panel.... against 3-4 remainers..... we can't be thinking aunty beeb is biased surely.

To me the only point is from which parties MEPs were invited. Incredible that none were.