Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?

Posting a new topic thread in anticipation of the 11pm transition.

From most reports little will change during the transition period i.e. most EU laws will continue to be in force - including the free movement of people - until the end of December or until the UK has in place a permanent free trade agreement with the EU.

Interesting times ahead.

• Aussie Rules changed the title to Beyond Brexit - A new dawn? A leap of faith?
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's a difference between not accepting the result and not agreeing with the result.  I accepted it would happen but that doesn't make me think it's the right thing to do.  The Brexiteers have been

They can't simultaneously tell us that we're not worthy of a "special" deal above what other non-eu countries have but also that we have to give up more than all of those other countries at the same t

The uproar over the migrants arriving in their inflatable rafts makes me absolutely piss myself. I'm sure I'd be labelled a naive loony lefty for the fact that I feel desperately sorry for anybody who

Posted Images

Long term I don't believe much will change Barry. This will be the compromise, we can say we are out to keep the Brexiteers happy, yet in terms of the day to day life of the majority of the population, there will be little difference tomorrow morning, 1 January 2021 or 50 years into the future. 

21 minutes ago, cheshirevaliant said:

Long term I don't believe much will change Barry. This will be the compromise, we can say we are out to keep the Brexiteers happy, yet in terms of the day to day life of the majority of the population, there will be little difference tomorrow morning, 1 January 2021 or 50 years into the future. 

Just listened to the BBC Overseas report. Seems there are concerns held by certain EU members that Russia prefers a weakened EU - especially now the UK is leaving.

BBC Scaremongering perhaps?

19 minutes ago, Aussie Rules said:

Just listened to the BBC Overseas report. Seems there are concerns held by certain EU members that Russia prefers a weakened EU - especially now the UK is leaving.

BBC Scaremongering perhaps?

Basic strategy, Divide and Rule, United we stand, Divided we Fall. etc.  Whatever Russia`s intentions are, selling gas to Germany is important.

1 hour ago, Aussie Rules said:

From most reports little will change during the transition period i.e. most EU laws will continue to be in force - including the free movement of people - until the end of December or until the UK has in place a permanent free trade agreement with the EU.

Interesting times ahead.

That's because Brexit is a process, not an event.

The last supper.

Nice Italian prosecco to get started.

Baked vacheran with potatoes as a fondue/raclette  together with a mix of prosciutto and salamis

Nice Saint George St Emillion to wash it down

Thank you Europe 👍

Tomorrow it’s fish finger sandwiches and baked beans

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

The last supper.

Nice Italian prosecco to get started.

Baked vacheran with potatoes as a fondue/raclette  together with a mix of prosciutto and salamis

Nice Saint George St Emillion to wash it down

Thank you Europe 👍

Hopefully with 3 points to raise the spirits

A thought for 2301 tonight:

Churchill did it again 80yrs back..." let us so brace ourselves, that if Britain and the commonwealth lasts for a thousand years, men and women will still say this was their finest hour...slightly updated. to please todays pc world.

forgive posting early, but I shall be in the pub then...

Happy Brexit day.

Its just like Christmas Day.

But if Santa came down the chimney, took all your belongings, pissed in your stocking, shat on your bed, set fire to your dog and with it your living room. then gave you a commemorative 50p, and told you to stop moaning.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Yum. We eat that here too on the mainland. Along with raw herring.

Got a letter today from the immigration service to confirm we can live out our days here in the place we have lived for 30 odd years.  

So long amigos and good luck with it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

A thought for 2301 tonight:

Churchill did it again 80yrs back..." let us so brace ourselves, that if Britain and the commonwealth lasts for a thousand years, men and women will still say this was their finest hour...slightly updated. to please todays pc world.

forgive posting early, but I shall be in the pub then...

Quoting Churchill, a man who was in favour of a United States of Europe, is not the most sensible thing for a Brexiteer to do this evening. 

3 hours ago, Aussie Rules said:

Interesting times ahead.

Arise and shine.

A couple of Bacardi and cokes before the game tomorrow.Thankyou Caribbean.Probably a nice juicy Ribeye for tea after.Thankyou UK.Oatcakes on Sunday morning,Thankyou Stoke on Trent..Nothing changes.

30 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Quoting Churchill, a man who was in favour of a United States of Europe, is not the most sensible thing for a Brexiteer to do this evening. 

I quote his words, to show the way, not his favours...

1 hour ago, Davebrad said:

I quote his words, to show the way, not his favours...

His words in the circumstance he quoted them are irrelevant to our current situation. Unless of course you think we are still at war with Germany??

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

His words in the circumstance he quoted them are irrelevant to our current situation. Unless of course you think we are still at war with Germany??

no but they are relevant to our present circumstances, the future is ours to grasp...

anyway just off to check the fireworks are set, then to the pub for the lock in, cheers...