Fosse69

Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

12 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

I don't think I have commented on a ref this season, I think this one was awful. Playing advantage when there was none, not playing advantage when he should have, the foul on Brown cost us 3pts. Hope he doesn't come back in a hurry.

4pts from the last 9 is exactly what I thought we get. Again, the way did it is frustrating.

What foul ?

1 hour ago, DistantVale said:

What foul ?

Their player kneeing Brown in the ribs before he headed the ball into the net.

3 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Not really, keepers ball every day for me. It’s disappointing to concede a goal like that. Arguably Leggey could have done a bit better to block the lad who scored too.

Just seen the Salford FC footage from behind the goal and Elliot certainly knees Brownie.

Just seen the Salford FC footage from behind the goal and Elliot certainly knees Brownie.

But Elliot was already in the air and Brown wasn’t. It was Elliots momentum- good goal in my opinion from a good jump
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

Goalkeeper went up too late , so there was bound to be a collision, definitely a goal !        

Anyone agree with this from the Salford forum?!

" Also, anyone else think that the referee liked blowing his whistle every time we challenged for the ball and their players went down like nine pins before making miraculous recoveries as soon as they had been awarded a free kick!"

21 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Anyone agree with this from the Salford forum?!

" Also, anyone else think that the referee liked blowing his whistle every time we challenged for the ball and their players went down like nine pins before making miraculous recoveries as soon as they had been awarded a free kick!"

He was a very fussy referee so there is some truth in it. 

28 minutes ago, DistantVale said:

Goalkeeper went up too late , so there was bound to be a collision, definitely a goal !        

Elliot made contact with Brownie before he headed the ball.

Rule 12 - Impeding the progress of a player with direct contact is a direct free kick offence.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Just one way??  

12 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Elliot made contact with Brownie before he headed the ball.

Rule 12 - Impeding the progress of a player with direct contact is a direct free kick offence.

19 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Just one way??  

No not at all he wasn't great for either team    

Just now, DistantVale said:

No not at all he wasn't great for either team    

But there bloke was saying he only blew against them. That was my point. 

5 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

It’s not down to Legge.  Elliott is Brisley’s man.  Brisley doesn’t do enough, possibly  assuming that Brown will come out and help him.  Either way Brisley gets beaten a bit too easily.

I thought Brisley may have been a little bit injured in the second half. He kept holding his groin and seemed to be less mobile and uncomfortable after he did have to sprint to get the ball. He also spent a lot of time talking to the bench after we scored. 

If we had another centre half on the bench would he have continued? If he was carrying a knock Then he should be commended for a Herculean effort.

• Like 1

Who knows, has anything come out of the club about him playing on with injury?  I’d put it more down to rustiness.  Either way he should do better, as should Brown.

We allowed too many crosses to come in throughout the game and the spell when they scored they’d bombarded us a bit. 

Whether you think that keepers get too much protection or not, that's a foul all day long. The knees jump into Brown, preventing him from getting any leverage. I'm surprised more wasn't made of it at the time. In the Premier League that would be a foul 10/10. You can't jump into a keeper and impede him.

2 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Who knows, has anything come out of the club about him playing on with injury?  I’d put it more down to rustiness.  Either way he should do better, as should Brown.

We allowed too many crosses to come in throughout the game and the spell when they scored they’d bombarded us a bit. 

Not sure I understand you. How can allowing too many crosses be the fault of Brisley or Brown?

5 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I thought Brisley may have been a little bit injured in the second half. He kept holding his groin and seemed to be less mobile and uncomfortable after he did have to sprint to get the ball. He also spent a lot of time talking to the bench after we scored. 

If we had another centre half on the bench would he have continued? If he was carrying a knock Then he should be commended for a Herculean effort.

I said to my mate Brisley's injured, seemed like it was a groin,also he was definitely less mobile,it was a tremendous effort to stay on and see the game out. 

11 hours ago, Mario said:

I said to my mate Brisley's injured, seemed like it was a groin,also he was definitely less mobile,it was a tremendous effort to stay on and see the game out. 

Saw him go down but he clearly couldn't come off as there was literally no one else to come on.

Fair play to him for battling it out. He's been very serviceable for a reserve centre half thrown in due to injuries. Good character.

12 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

Whether you think that keepers get too much protection or not, that's a foul all day long. The knees jump into Brown, preventing him from getting any leverage. I'm surprised more wasn't made of it at the time. In the Premier League that would be a foul 10/10. You can't jump into a keeper and impede him.

Just watched it back for the first time (couldn't really see from the Stand on Saturday). Not a foul for me. Brown was waiting for the ball, but their scorer gets to it before. His momentum brought him into contact with Browny, but the ball was there to be won and he did just that. If it had been the other way around (i.e. us scoring) I very much doubt many on here who are calling it a foul would be so vociferous!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Just watched it back for the first time (couldn't really see from the Stand on Saturday). Not a foul for me. Brown was waiting for the ball, but their scorer gets to it before. His momentum brought him into contact with Browny, but the ball was there to be won and he did just that. If it had been the other way around (i.e. us scoring) I very much doubt many on here who are calling it a foul would be so vociferous!

Not sure I can agree with this as there's a screenshot online floating around from the game & prior to the ball coming down to them, his knee is already firmly lodged in Brown's side. Seems to me he fouls him before scoring. Whether or not Brown would have got it & there been a clean challenge at the time, guess we'll never know. Doesn't really matter in the end I guess, Most people I spoke to agreed that a draw was a fair result.