onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

Advert

Thought we were unlucky not to get three points today. Apart from Salford’s goal, they didn’t test our goal much. I thought the first 60 minutes we were much the better side. We kept the ball well and our play down either side was excellent. Amoo once again had a good game. All of the midfield played well, especially Burgess, who for me was very tidy. Mitch Clark deservedly got the MoM, he was fantastic. I’ve got nothing against Monty and I feel like he has done well covering in at LB, but it was really nice to see a proper full-back at LB. Watching Clark, you can see he’s a natural defender and he is also a handful going forward. I do think Clark will make that position his own now. Monty can be used as competition for Amoo and Worrall. Special to mention to Shaun Brisley, was very solid yet again. Bennett isn’t the answer, and now Pope or Cullen need to step up. The game changed when Tom Elliott came on, he’s a real handful. We sat deeper after the goal and struggled to get going, they put a load of pressure on us, but for all the money they have spent they left a lot to be desired for. They were poor in defence and their defenders reverted to hoof ball. All in all, Vale played well and were maybe unlucky to only take a point from that game. Three points off the play-offs still. The next three games are huge for us. Come out of them positively and still sniffing, then I will start believing we have a chance. 

Any idea what was going on with the stewarding today? I felt very conscious of an increased presence inside the ground.

The old bill were filming the home fans for large parts of the game, and the security at the turnstiles created big queues because they were busy playing with their new toy (which didn’t do a very good job of detecting any of my metal).

A decent performance without really hitting 5th gear. I thought we had the better of first half but struggled to create a clear cut chance and they had the better of the 2nd half when we stopped winning 2nd balls and Burgess and Conlon faded after 60 mins.
Legge was excellent as was the returning Clark. Clark did everything well and at a high tempo which made him stand out above the rest for me. Another good and hard working performance from Amoo.
Brisley was struggling with a knock for most of the 2nd half so it will be interesting to see what that was and whether he can recover for next week.
A decent 4 points from 2 home games.

36 minutes ago, Santa said:

Any idea what was going on with the stewarding today? I felt very conscious of an increased presence inside the ground.

The old bill were filming the home fans for large parts of the game, and the security at the turnstiles created big queues because they were busy playing with their new toy (which didn’t do a very good job of detecting any of my metal).

The filming was something to do with officers getting their accreditation, according to the Vale Police twitter.

Didnt detect my metal either, do they actually work?

Worth remembering that today we were ultimately without four players that would be in our strongest 11 in Smith, Montano, Oyeleke and Taylor. In previous seasons we would have been getting beat by 3 or 4  had we been without that kind of personnel.

2 hours ago, TylerB said:

Expected next to nothing from him when he signed but I couldn't have been more wrong about him thankfully. Gives us so much energy and he also isn't without a bit of quality either.

Gem of a player, imagine what he'll be like at 25 if his progress matches his potential. 

27 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Thought the ref today was awful blew up every time a Salford player hit the floor yet allowed the challenge on brown for there goal couldn’t believe he blew for a free kick for vale when Worrall and Amoo were 2on1 on the break 

He was very fussy for the most part which made the ones he let go look even more strange.

The foul on Worrall right at the end, he played advantage when there was nothing on and we ended up putting the ball out of play showed a lack of game sense. We would have preferred to load the box with a set piece and he should have brought play back for a free kick. 

I don't think I have commented on a ref this season, I think this one was awful. Playing advantage when there was none, not playing advantage when he should have, the foul on Brown cost us 3pts. Hope he doesn't come back in a hurry.

4pts from the last 9 is exactly what I thought we get. Again, the way did it is frustrating.

Didn’t think there was enough in it to be a foul for their goal at the time although a shouted for it I didn’t have any expectation that he would blow up for it.

Having seen a still of the contact on Brown though on social media he clearly knees Scott in the ribs as he contacts the ball.

For me a keeper should be favourite there every time to get something on the ball. 

On the subject of the ref, some of them need to rewatch their games and yesterday was a perfect example. I think it was Oconnor who was repeatedly fouling Conlon in the midfield and he was basically bullying him most of the game. I’m not one for a ref to dish out a yellow at the first foul, I think sometimes that’s unnescessary, but yesterday Oconnor was penalised maybe 3 or 4 times without punishment for his repeated fouls.  Also the advantages are frustrating, we broke at one point 2 on 2 and he pulled it back for a foul for us in our box. They don’t need to make the game about them blowing their whistle to make a decision. They should just wait a couple of seconds to see how play progresses. Equally the foul at the end on Worrall, he played advantage and we ended up with the ball out wide with Popey and Gibbo and no real advantage to be gained from the ref playing an advantage in that situation. Even before Gibbo kicked it out he should have realised this and blown for the free kick. I don’t know how experienced yesterday’s ref was but he was plenty to learn still and plenty to understand about a game of football. 

9 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

I don't think I have commented on a ref this season, I think this one was awful. Playing advantage when there was none, not playing advantage when he should have, the foul on Brown cost us 3pts. Hope he doesn't come back in a hurry.

4pts from the last 9 is exactly what I thought we get. Again, the way did it is frustrating.

Agree about the ref.  He didn't allow advantage when he should have, he gave advantage when he shouldn't and he was conned many times by some of their players.

Asante and indeed O'Conner were habitual foulers and should have received yellows of the ref.

Archived