onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

Advert

18 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Another point to mention is over 5;000 home fans , with good results and performances, the fans are slowly coming back 

That's five of our last six 3pm kick offs seeing 5,000+. For some reason there was a dip vs Cheltenham, but consistency is appearing.

3rd highest attendance in League 2 yesterday. Club is improving.

1 hour ago, Santa said:

I think that’s an overly simplistic view. Elliott got a decent run on the ball whereas Brown was stuck under it.

Not really, keepers ball every day for me. It’s disappointing to concede a goal like that. Arguably Leggey could have done a bit better to block the lad who scored too.

26 minutes ago, Joe B said:

That's five of our last six 3pm kick offs seeing 5,000+. For some reason there was a dip vs Cheltenham, but consistency is appearing.

Agree, our crowd yesterday wouldn’t have fitted in Salford’s ground 

A cursory perusal of Twitter yields Wycombe fans arguing with each other about 'ambition' and spending on a striker after defeat at MK Dons yesterday.

This is the same Wycombe that is currently 2nd, above Posh, Portsmouth, Sunderland, and Ipswich, on one of the smallest budgets in the league.

Appears the problem of expectation management is endemic in football, and not just specific to our fanbase. No idea if this is a new phenomenon as a result of social media or has existed since football was on the public school pitches in the 1850s.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Contrast with January/ Feb last season:

Morecambe 4147 (141)

Carlisle 3881 (492)

Colchester 3636 (192)

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

A cursory perusal of Twitter yields Wycombe fans arguing with each other about 'ambition' and spending on a striker after defeat at MK Dons yesterday.

This is the same Wycombe that is currently 2nd, above Posh, Portsmouth, Sunderland, and Ipswich, on one of the smallest budgets in the league.

Appears the problem of expectation management is endemic in football, and not just specific to our fanbase. No idea if this is a new phenomenon as a result of social media or has existed since football was on the public school pitches in the 1850s.

In the past players could move at any time during the season up to a March deadline,  so problem positions could be filled at any time before then and  so not   a cliff edge in mid-season. Fewer teams involved , only 2 up 2 down, only 1 up in 3S and 3N, no playoffs lengthening interest. Financial differences far less between divisions, player max reducing incentives for players to move.  Home grown players were the norm so greater interest was in watching teams develop, than instant success.

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

Not really, keepers ball every day for me. It’s disappointing to concede a goal like that. Arguably Leggey could have done a bit better to block the lad who scored too.

It’s not down to Legge.  Elliott is Brisley’s man.  Brisley doesn’t do enough, possibly  assuming that Brown will come out and help him.  Either way Brisley gets beaten a bit too easily.

3 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

It’s not down to Legge.  Elliott is Brisley’s man.  Brisley doesn’t do enough, possibly  assuming that Brown will come out and help him.  Either way Brisley gets beaten a bit too easily.

Yeah fair point it is Brisleys man, Legges got pulled across the front by his man. Either way it’s a hanging cross dropping a yard away from the goal line. Keeper be taking everything there. 

4 hours ago, PV1973 said:

For me a keeper should be favourite there every time to get something on the ball. 

On the subject of the ref, some of them need to rewatch their games and yesterday was a perfect example. I think it was Oconnor who was repeatedly fouling Conlon in the midfield and he was basically bullying him most of the game. I’m not one for a ref to dish out a yellow at the first foul, I think sometimes that’s unnescessary, but yesterday Oconnor was penalised maybe 3 or 4 times without punishment for his repeated fouls.  Also the advantages are frustrating, we broke at one point 2 on 2 and he pulled it back for a foul for us in our box. They don’t need to make the game about them blowing their whistle to make a decision. They should just wait a couple of seconds to see how play progresses. Equally the foul at the end on Worrall, he played advantage and we ended up with the ball out wide with Popey and Gibbo and no real advantage to be gained from the ref playing an advantage in that situation. Even before Gibbo kicked it out he should have realised this and blown for the free kick. I don’t know how experienced yesterday’s ref was but he was plenty to learn still and plenty to understand about a game of football. 

O'Connor got frustrated because Conlon and Burgess were bullying him. He's a great player dictating play in front of the back 4. Conlon and Burgess were all over him in terms of not giving him the time to dictate play. He is a real quality footballer but we stopped him and made him look ordinary. 

12 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

I don't think I have commented on a ref this season, I think this one was awful. Playing advantage when there was none, not playing advantage when he should have, the foul on Brown cost us 3pts. Hope he doesn't come back in a hurry.

4pts from the last 9 is exactly what I thought we get. Again, the way did it is frustrating.

What foul ?

3 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Just seen the Salford FC footage from behind the goal and Elliot certainly knees Brownie.

Archived