onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

Advert

A draw is the right result. They're a good side with a lot of good players for this level and I have no doubt they'll end up in and around the play-offs come the end of the season.

As for ourselves, we can only get better with the likes of Taylor and Oyeleke to come back into the side.

Fair result, we were the better team but on the balance of play you can't really argue with a draw.

The goal for them was definitely a foul on the keeper I'm shocked it wasn't given.

Also, the above aside, that was probably one of the best referees we've had in a long time.

24 minutes ago, TylerB said:

A draw is the right result. They're a good side with a lot of good players for this level and I have no doubt they'll end up in and around the play-offs come the end of the season.

As for ourselves, we can only get better with the likes of Taylor and Oyeleke to come back into the side.

Looking at the remaining fixtures I think we will finish on 65 to 70 points. Probably just outside the playoffs.  Tough run of games at the moment but I wouldn't be surprised if we still have an outside chance come the Plymouth game. 

Just now, JRC said:

Looking at the remaining fixtures I think we will finish on 65 to 70 points. Probably just outside the playoffs.  Tough run of games at the moment but I wouldn't be surprised if we still have an outside chance come the Plymouth game. 

If we finish where we are I'm perfectly happy with that. It shows we have a fairly good side and need to find the one or two extra additions to allow us to take that next step. And there should be a healthy budget next season too to help us achieve that. I think we're a 20+ over the season goal-scorer short right now. But clearly the difference between this side and the one from the last couple of seasons or so is night and day.

At first I thought brown should have some better on the goal. Need to see it back though. Unusual for a ref not to blow for a foul there mind. Thought we ended up getting overpowered in midfield again as the game wore on, Burgess, Joyce and Conlon slowly drifted out of it and the ball just kept coming back. Some enterprising interplay between our full backs and wingers was a positive for me today.

Feel we have made giant strides forward both as a club being run like it should be and also on the field.  Most fans wanted to be mid table after the battles we have had at the wrong end of the league and a club being run down.  Only problem is we have seen the side can push for promotion when they all turn up and as some fans have said we have played above our quality limit.  

If we miss it this season, yes I will be t'd off, but if we can keep the good players, move on the fringe players that will not make JA and Co's plans and bring in a few more quality players, then come next season we will certainly push  for promotion rather than the play offs.

It seems some of the players that were short of match fitness are now starting to show their quality at this level and the fans are backing them. 

Well done for today and shows money does not buy you success.

7 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

At first I thought brown should have some better on the goal. Need to see it back though. Unusual for a ref not to blow for a foul there mind. Thought we ended up getting overpowered in midfield again as the game wore on, Burgess, Joyce and Conlon slowly drifted out of it and the ball just kept coming back. Some enterprising interplay between our full backs and wingers was a positive for me today.

And the good news about that is that our best midfield will only have one of those three in it. As long as Taylor can carry on from where he left off and Oyeleke can get a run of games and get back to what he's capable of we won't struggle in the middle of the park.

And the good news about that is that our best midfield will only have one of those three in it. As long as Taylor can carry on from where he left off and Oyeleke can get a run of games and get back to what he's capable of we won't struggle in the middle of the park.

It’s going to be difficult to pick the best midfield - think the ones there at the moment are doing ok

Just now, osprey said:

It’s going to be difficult to pick the best midfield - think the ones there at the moment are doing ok

They are indeed. Seems I'm a bigger fan of Conlon than many here. But for me it would be Oyeleke, Burgess and Taylor. Though for balance sake I'd probably go Joyce, Oyeleke and Taylor if Oyeleke is at his very best. But Burgess certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped. The main point being with those two coming back we're suddenly going to look very strong in that department. Let' not forget Atkinson too who is more than capable there.

Archived