onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carols statement tonight...........

Mario

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

Really? Is 1/3 is now defined as the majority of that particular fraction then?

I am very sorry Sir I have absolutely no idea what your post means. You use the term majority, which I did not. I am afraid I cannot answer your question because I do not understand it.

Advert

Just now, Jacko51 said:

The responses though, were to Vale Fan in Alsager who claimed we had been in the bottom league for most of our history.  However you manipulate the stats, that is clearly codswallop.

I think I said exactly the same thing, although I did use the term incorrect, I think that is rather more polite and appropriate than the term codswallop. 

18 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

We have also played the most seasons in Tier 2 without making it to Tier 1, maybe due to playing in the smallest city with 2 league teams. Who remembers Carlisle the top team in England after 3 games to put things in perspective..

and Northampton too (in the top flight) in the mid-sixties I believe

38 minutes ago, Essex Vale said:

I think I said exactly the same thing, although I did use the term incorrect, I think that is rather more polite and appropriate than the term codswallop. 

The codswallop was directed at VFIA not at you.  Sorry if I offended you.

Seems the majority of the so called fans on FB forgot to post about our 2-0 win against Swindon the other week ,but we’re out in force after Saturdays defeat . The same names cropping up when we we lose , posts moaning that “seasons finished” “ no ambition”  “ spend some money”   Thought that this season was a season of STABILITY for the club , and the owners . Carol and Kev ignore these minions you are doing a fantastic job . UTV

The very fact that Carol felt the need to comment is staggering,absolutely staggering,what goes on in fans minds?

Demanding we spend money on new signings,accusing the club of being tight fisted, unbelievable,if the Shanahans are going to be put under pressure because we had a bit of a cup run, then maybe it would be better to get knocked out in the 1st round and then they would have genuine reason to moan.

Carol and Kevin are the most accessible owners that we've ever had, so why don't these insipid cowards who post these stupid comments, ask to go and see them directly, to raise their concerns in a civilised way, instead of using their gutless, faceless methods to do nothing but to cause upset and stir unrest. MUPPETS MUPPETS, MUPPETS 

Same pathetic specimens who moan on RS. What a predictable load of no mark's they are. If I was Sandoz or Blakeman, I'd ask the likes of Carl before he even opens his mouth,"have you got anything different to say from the usual predictable drivel, that sounds like a broken record?" If not, theres very little point in hearing it yet again. 

Sorry about the rant folks, but some people really wndi me up, especially when its aimed at people who are such easy targets, despite what they've achieved. It's just the lack of gratitude and decency that gets me. 

It’s all well and good riding the crest of a second of positivity when they took over in the wake of Norman’s disaster, they’ve been enjoying being in the spotlight and presenting a more fan friendly approach and being on all media outlets. All credit to them. Equally fans on here and social media have been very quick to fawn all over them, but fans turn very quickly and this is where the new owners have another test to pass so to speak. Our lack of transfer activity has got people moaning and maybe they (the owners) need to be a bit careful and maybe take a step back a bit from the spotlight, I don’t really think they should be drawn on commenting on fans negativity. It’s a battle they can’t win if things don’t go the way that fans want them to go and we all know how some fans love a moan. 

13 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

It’s all well and good riding the crest of a second of positivity when they took over in the wake of Norman’s disaster, they’ve been enjoying being in the spotlight and presenting a more fan friendly approach and being on all media outlets. All credit to them. Equally fans on here and social media have been very quick to fawn all over them, but fans turn very quickly and this is where the new owners have another test to pass so to speak. Our lack of transfer activity has got people moaning and maybe they (the owners) need to be a bit careful and maybe take a step back a bit from the spotlight, I don’t really think they should be drawn on commenting on fans negativity. It’s a battle they can’t win if things don’t go the way that fans want them to go and we all know how some fans love a moan. 

Nicely put. 

9 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

As regards the transfer situation Askey has already explained better deals will be made in the summer, Carol is not likely to shirk putting the message across, it is how they run things. 

21 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I don't think Carol was picking a battle; just that she hears and understands fan's criticism but a lot of them are simply not deliverable.

I do find the 'riding the crest of a second of positivity' and 'fawning all over them' slightly... disparaging comments? Maybe I'm reading them incorrectly?

They rode a crest of having paid 5x the market value of our football club to keep it in existence, before overseeing a 6 month transformation into a self-sufficient, upward-moving enterprise. Fans were keen to rightly commend said move. A quiet January window, probably with a view to the long-term, is not a test they've had to pass.

Archived