Mario

Carols statement tonight...........

37 minutes ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

I’ve watched them in this league most of my life

Proof that you are a young wippersnapper who has a lot to learn.  We have been in this league for only 8 seasons out of the last 33.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Proof that you are a young wippersnapper who has a lot to learn.  We have been in this league for only 8 seasons out of the last 33.

Well that’s surprised me 

Happy to be corrected so only 21 seasons out of 105 in league two .

Oh well we all get some things wrong lol 

In respect of the quotes and statistics produced about being bottom league, sadly all those who have posed are incorrect.  Give or take the odd season we have been in the football league for 116 seasons.  We have spent 63% of our time outside of the bottom league.  Therefore we have spent 37% of our time in the bottom league. The bottom league is Div 2, Div 3S, Div 3N, Div 4 and all the variations of the fourth tier since then.  Interestingly, since the fourth tier was introduced in 1958 we have spent  36% of the seasons at that level.   

So whichever way you look at it, we have been bottom league for about one third of time in total.

2 hours ago, Essex Vale said:

I am like the overwhelming majority of Vale fans, let's say 99.9%, know what fabulous owners we have.  Carol and Kevin, have, and will in the future, make the odd mistake, who hasn't.  We all know that we are indeed blessed to be in their ownership.  Sadly, social media allows uninformed keyboard warriors to spout off at will and to make ridiculous statements.

There is no way of stopping them.  Carol, and the club, use social media to great effect.  My advice is to simply ignore the critical personalized comments.  Our wonderful owner could have a standard cut and paste reply along the lines of "Thank you for your observations.  If you would like to submit a fully costed business proposal in support of your recommendations I will be delighted to consider them".

Carol has to accept that she is now firmly in the public eye, and there will always be a few people who have a go at her.  It is human nature that people who are happy will not have much to say.  The silent, overwhelming majority, will always outweigh the vociferous, uninformed, malicious minority who hide behind a mask of anonymity.  Carol, remember that we are with you, please do not even respond to those people.  You have nothing to prove.  Carol rules, OK!

Good post,the trolls are generally from other clubs posing as our fans.

6 minutes ago, Essex Vale said:

In respect of the quotes and statistics produced about being bottom league, sadly all those who have posed are incorrect.  Give or take the odd season we have been in the football league for 116 seasons.  We have spent 63% of our time outside of the bottom league.  Therefore we have spent 37% of our time in the bottom league. The bottom league is Div 2, Div 3S, Div 3N, Div 4 and all the variations of the fourth tier since then.  Interestingly, since the fourth tier was introduced in 1958 we have spent  36% of the seasons at that level.   

So whichever way you look at it, we have been bottom league for about one third of time in total.

For those seasons in Div 3 N and S, how many of them saw us finish in the bottom half of the league?  In 1952/53 for example, we finished second in Div 3 N which meant there were only 46 teams out of the 92 above us.  And to regard Division 2 in the 1920s as the bottom league does not give credence to what VFIA was saying.  You could just as easily count those seasons as being in the top 44 teams in the country.

Edited by Jacko51
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Essex Vale said:

sadly all those who have posed are incorrect. 

Really? Is 1/3 is now defined as the majority of that particular fraction then?

Well you have almost asked a rhetorical question, the answer of how many saw that is almost nil.  You can twist it any way you like. The fact remains in our history for about one third of it we have been in the bottom league. Since tier 4 has been introduced we have been in it for about one third of the time.  So regardless of how you look at it, pretty much, about one third bottom league.  Seems quite a simple statistic to follow. Like all statistics there will be variations and fluctuations around the standard mean.  In the last 30 odd seasons we have not been at this level for one third of the time. I very much hope we soon will not be at that level

3 minutes ago, Essex Vale said:

Well you have almost asked a rhetorical question, the answer of how many saw that is almost nil.  You can twist it any way you like. The fact remains in our history for about one third of it we have been in the bottom league. Since tier 4 has been introduced we have been in it for about one third of the time.  So regardless of how you look at it, pretty much, about one third bottom league.  Seems quite a simple statistic to follow. Like all statistics there will be variations and fluctuations around the standard mean.  In the last 30 odd seasons we have not been at this level for one third of the time. I very much hope we soon will not be at that level

The responses though, were to Vale Fan in Alsager who claimed we had been in the bottom league for most of our history.  However you manipulate the stats, that is clearly codswallop.

Edited by Jacko51

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

Really? Is 1/3 is now defined as the majority of that particular fraction then?

I am very sorry Sir I have absolutely no idea what your post means. You use the term majority, which I did not. I am afraid I cannot answer your question because I do not understand it.

Just now, Jacko51 said:

The responses though, were to Vale Fan in Alsager who claimed we had been in the bottom league for most of our history.  However you manipulate the stats, that is clearly codswallop.

I think I said exactly the same thing, although I did use the term incorrect, I think that is rather more polite and appropriate than the term codswallop. 

We have also played the most seasons in Tier 2 without making it to Tier 1, maybe due to playing in the smallest city with 2 league teams. Who remembers Carlisle the top team in England after 3 games to put things in perspective..

We have made massive steps under the short tenure of carol and kevin MASSIVE.....lets not forget Gorm still has his little minnions who want to upset things,the majority of fans all of us with more than one brain cell understand how things are moving along

18 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

We have also played the most seasons in Tier 2 without making it to Tier 1, maybe due to playing in the smallest city with 2 league teams. Who remembers Carlisle the top team in England after 3 games to put things in perspective..

and Northampton too (in the top flight) in the mid-sixties I believe

Edited by mikey

38 minutes ago, Essex Vale said:

I think I said exactly the same thing, although I did use the term incorrect, I think that is rather more polite and appropriate than the term codswallop. 

The codswallop was directed at VFIA not at you.  Sorry if I offended you.

11 minutes ago, mikey said:

and Northampton too (in the top flight) in the mid-sixties I believe

The went from bottom to top and back again in abour 8 seasons?

Seems the majority of the so called fans on FB forgot to post about our 2-0 win against Swindon the other week ,but we’re out in force after Saturdays defeat . The same names cropping up when we we lose , posts moaning that “seasons finished” “ no ambition”  “ spend some money”   Thought that this season was a season of STABILITY for the club , and the owners . Carol and Kev ignore these minions you are doing a fantastic job . UTV

• Like 1

The very fact that Carol felt the need to comment is staggering,absolutely staggering,what goes on in fans minds?

Demanding we spend money on new signings,accusing the club of being tight fisted, unbelievable,if the Shanahans are going to be put under pressure because we had a bit of a cup run, then maybe it would be better to get knocked out in the 1st round and then they would have genuine reason to moan.

• Like 1

Carol and Kevin are the most accessible owners that we've ever had, so why don't these insipid cowards who post these stupid comments, ask to go and see them directly, to raise their concerns in a civilised way, instead of using their gutless, faceless methods to do nothing but to cause upset and stir unrest. MUPPETS MUPPETS, MUPPETS 

Same pathetic specimens who moan on RS. What a predictable load of no mark's they are. If I was Sandoz or Blakeman, I'd ask the likes of Carl before he even opens his mouth,"have you got anything different to say from the usual predictable drivel, that sounds like a broken record?" If not, theres very little point in hearing it yet again. 

Sorry about the rant folks, but some people really wndi me up, especially when its aimed at people who are such easy targets, despite what they've achieved. It's just the lack of gratitude and decency that gets me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1