onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carols statement tonight...........

Mario

Advert

I don’t do two facedbook or Twitter, just grounds for keyboard warriors. Hi hats all I have to say, I do not want to give these type individuals any more attention. They don’t have to come to games so perhaps they should stay away from a club rising free m the flames. I bet they went to MCFC.

Jake Taylor aside, our lack of Jan transfer dealings have been deafening.

For me, we are so close this season, they (and the manager) should be investing, instead we seem to be sitting tight, when looking around us most other teams are investing.

Who’s to say we’ll get as close as this next season? You have to take your chances, don’t you?

It’s a difficult one, but when we start talking up the playoffs (players and manager) and then nothing happens.... you’ve got to
expect criticism.

3 hours ago, Brown Edge Normski said:

The current owners will do for me. Good business folks with the club at heart. If you want to win every week and spend money you haven't got then go and follow a Premiership club.

Only Liverpool for the wins at present.

And clubs spending money they don’t have, best odds of finding one is in the Championship. 😉

7 minutes ago, fraggle said:

For me, we are so close this season, they (and the manager) should be investing, instead we seem to be sitting tight, when looking around us most other teams are investing.

Who’s to say we’ll get as close as this next season? You have to take your chances, don’t you?

It’s a difficult one, but when we start talking up the playoffs (players and manager) and then nothing happens.... you’ve got to
expect criticism.

Who do you think we should/ should have signed to get us in to the play offs, because we clearly need more than one player?  Personally I'm not that well up with the current list of available or out of contract players, so I'd appreciate a little education. 

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

I don't think Carol was picking a battle; just that she hears and understands fan's criticism but a lot of them are simply not deliverable.

I do find the 'riding the crest of a second of positivity' and 'fawning all over them' slightly... disparaging comments? Maybe I'm reading them incorrectly?

They rode a crest of having paid 5x the market value of our football club to keep it in existence, before overseeing a 6 month transformation into a self-sufficient, upward-moving enterprise. Fans were keen to rightly commend said move. A quiet January window, probably with a view to the long-term, is not a test they've had to pass.

No idea what happened there as I meant to say “crest of a wave of positivity”. Which they’ve used to their advantage.in presenting a very fan friendly point of view.

My “fawning over them comment” is more an observation that fans have been quick to praise them, sometimes it’s been a bit over the top IMO, but I think it’s fair to say that fans will turn quickly and that goodwill won’t go far with some of the moaners. 

I don’t necessarily think Carol is trying to pick a battle, I think she’s just trying to keep that openness we’ve seen over the last few months, but making comments regarding fans negativity could potentially soon turn into a battle from their point of view.

56 minutes ago, fraggle said:

expect criticism.

So overpay, take the gamble and try and get promoted as soon as possible?

Bless me, some fans getting upset with Carol's tweets.

Carol & Kevin paid over the odds to get back our club; they're getting things done on and off the pitch plus reuniting us with the communities; they've set out their stall for all to see; they know how to run a successful business - and they're not about to chuck away the MCFC windfall to satisfy the few who seem to think Carol & Kevin have no ambition for Port Vale.

It's always easy to pend other peoples money.

1 hour ago, fraggle said:

...It’s a difficult one, but when we start talking up the playoffs (players and manager) and then nothing happens.... you’ve got to expect criticism.

From the outset the message from JA, Carol & Kevin was one of rebuilding 2019/20, push for playoffs or better 2020/21 and, as far as I know, that is still the situation.

1 hour ago, fraggle said:

expect criticism.

Depends on how close people think Vale are to the POs, we seem to vary between 3 to 5 points away, there are teams varying from 3 to 5th place, or in or out of the POs, some of which were in the POs or L1 last season. Maybe a couple of players would make the difference to improve their chances of promotion as we did ourselves the last time we were promoted. To me we need extra players to get into the POs but with only a  little chance of promotion.  Of course we should still be aiming to win as many games as possible to finish as high as possible, whether that is 7th or 8th makes little difference to the team building in the Summer, players are playing for contracts either with us or elsewhere. The injuries to Smith and Taylor are likely to reduce our point collection over the next few difficult games. Disappointing I know, but without a large input of cash a transformation in a single season from likely relegation to potential promotion is far fetched.

Players and manager are pushing to win as many games as possible which is their job, but financial planning is the responsibility of the owners.

I think we are sensible in not getting players in January and in no way does that reflect on the owners. 

I wish we’d get a new left back, but I personally cannot name anyone suitable. 

What I will say however is...what would fans be saying if Smurfwaite had brought in no players? 

Let’s be honest to ourselves here, we’d be pretty annoyed. 

19 minutes ago, Aussie Rules said:

From the outset the message from JA, Carol & Kevin was one of rebuilding 2019/20, push for playoffs or better 2020/21 and, as far as I know, that is still the situation.

That’s true. I don’t think anyone can accuse the management team of letting down fans. I never expected a spending spree. 

12 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I think we are sensible in not getting players in January and in no way does that reflect on the owners. 

I wish we’d get a new left back, but I personally cannot name anyone suitable. 

What I will say however is...what would fans be saying if Smurfwaite had brought in no players? 

Let’s be honest to ourselves here, we’d be pretty annoyed. 

Our previous owner brought in seven players in January last year.  Only Crookes and Tricket-Smith are still at the club.  Two of the rest never played a game for us and the most any of the others managed was six games.  Between them, the seven signings produced a total of zero goals.  Three of them were signed on the night of the deadline without anyone at the club having seen them play.   And we didn't have a manager at the time.

I would indeed be very annoyed if we replicated that this year!

Archived