onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carols statement tonight...........

Mario

Carol has tonight posted on facebook and twitter a short statement basically saying among other things that she understands the fans feelings,I sincerely hope that she has not felt the need to do so to answer the utter garbage that has come from a small group of melts, who think they know everything to do with running Port Vale when in fact they no nowt about anything.

I would copy it on here, but I don't know the protocol of copying someones work from another media source.

Advert

3 minutes ago, Mario said:

Carol has tonight posted on facebook and twitter a short statement basically saying among other things that she understands the fans feelings,I sincerely hope that she has not felt the need to do so to answer the utter garbage that has come from a small group of melts, who think they know everything to do with running Port Vale when in fact they no nowt about anything.

I would copy it on here, but I don't know the protocol of copying someones work from another media source.

The same prats, no doubt, who we're against change when Scumthwaite was in charge, proclaiming "be careful what you wish for "  These idiots revel in other people's shortcomings just so that they can smurkingly tell everyone who takes any notice of them "I told you so" not that Carol and Kevin have produced any shortcomings at all ofcourse. 

9 minutes ago, Old fort said:

The same prats, no doubt, who we're against change when Scumthwaite was in charge, proclaiming "be careful what you wish for "  These idiots revel in other people's shortcomings just so that they can smurkingly tell everyone who takes any notice of them "I told you so" not that Carol and Kevin have produced any shortcomings at all ofcourse. 

I just hope that this very small number of "Fans" don't get to the Shanahans and undermine their confidence and ability to do the job,a job they have done very well so far.

10 hours ago, Old fort said:

I was one of those who said 'be careful for what you wish for' in the beginning, knowing what chancers there were out there - see the previous owners of Blackpool, Bury and Leyton Orient for starters. To me the Shanahans were an unknown quantity and could easily have been as bad as the foregoing and worse than Smurthwaite. I'm pleased to admit I was wrong and Carol and Kevin are every bit the owners we as fans craved. I'm sure that once we're rid of the burden caused by Norman we'll be looking up instead of down.

55 minutes ago, mattpvfc said:

You'll never please people owning a football club. It must be a horrible job at times.

Explain what you are doing, avoid provoking confrontation, demonstrate steady progress, and the vast majority will be behind you. Even then some will never be happy. Owner style will likely  differ dependent upon their business background. We are in a better position than 12 months ago, that is steady enough progress for me. 

Explain what you are doing, avoid provoking confrontation, demonstrate steady progress, and the vast majority will be behind you. Even then some will never be happy. Owner style will likely  differ dependent upon their business background. We are in a better position than 12 months ago, that is steady enough progress for me. 
Spot on totally agree

Well I’m really enjoying the majority of football I’m seeing at VP, even when it’s not so good it’s still better than what I’ve had to endure in past seasons. This season has seen us flirt with a possible play off position and there’s no saying that we won’t continue to do this. Without boring you I felt safe by March and 14th in the league would be progress. Some might say that this is a negative expectation but for me it’s a realistic one. I think next season will have bigger expectations and I fully understand that, but that doesn’t mean that we have to make the play offs. All we have to do is increase our points tally. For me this would easily be achievable by not drawing so many games especially home games. Three draws is only the equivalent of one win. 
I have not seen the article that this thread relates to, but C&K keep up the good work you have the backing of the majority and sensible supporters, who don’t judge the club in one or two of the last performances. If they do then they have a short memory and IMO know little about football.

I'd bet money that Rob Ebborn/NeilPVFC were two of the culprits, ably assisted by Carl from Wolstanton.

They post their negative rubbish on social media so I'm happy to call them out.

They epitomise everything wrong with the Vale fanbase with their incessant sniping, negativity, and unwarranted criticism, often tagging those they're slagging off in their tweets for maximum impact.

Some of the stuff I see on the facebook Vale pages is unbelievable. I've heard all kinds rubbish like blaming the Robbie concert to no intention of spending any money in January or Askey is clueless. Do these people possess a brain or are they able to think rationally. I hope they do not lead to Carol and Kevin deviating from their plans for the future of our club. What could be worse is that they decide to pack up and sell to some charlatan who could really put us back in the mire. The moaners would then find something serious to moan about.

The vast majority of Valiants are behind the Shanahans and the sterling job they are currently doing. In whatever sphere of life there will be negative posters, people who like to be argumentative for the sake of it or those that are genuinely miserable old sods!

Over the years true Vale fans have become hardened to pretty much everything we have had to endure so I would simply say that just ignore the very few that "attempt" to rock the boat. If , as we hope, over the near future, the Vale continue the progress and optimism shared by us then these "sad few moaners" will get bored and vent their spleens elsewhere. In the meantime please honestly accept that we are in good hands and steady progress to keep the Club on an even keel is the definite way forward. Support the new regime and the Vale.

11 minutes ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

Carol and Kevin are doing a fantastic job but you will always get fans wanting more and not accepting of league two football .

The performances on the pitch at Salford (leading com ),Morecambe and Swindon have left many very dissatisfied and with Stoke having a upturn in results the Vale fans will demand rightly the Vale players up it so that our results are good also .

At home we have done very well though and folk need to lay off blaming the owners for the players misgivings.

They overpaid to keep us in existence so I got amvery grateful that. I will have opportunity to go tomorrow v Exeter and watch a team and club who 12 months ago were dead ,yes we on life support still but least we are showing signs that we will be a club who’s heart beats to a very happy tune again .

The performances at Salford where we drew to an added time goal, Morecambe who had an upturn in performances and top of the league and leading scorers "Have left many dissatisfied" Christ on a bike go and watch Liverpool if you want to win EVERY game,and the I bet you'd be moaning about only drawing with Shrewsbury.

Archived