onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

Advert

Chuckling at people's insistence on criticising Bennett.

"Yes he scored twice and won the game for us; still not good enough!"

Obvious confidence player. Sarcastic jeers in the 10th minute were typically embarrassing.

Not gonna shake the league up but he'll probably finish with 10 goals this year.

3 hours ago, philmpv said:

I thought the attendance was a disgrace, personally. Perhaps people were saving their money for Saturday, and/or some had work, but still it was shocking. If nothing else, it does, for me, potentially show the very fickle nature of Vale supporters who pay on the day.

There are quite a number of STs and others who live out of the area, as well as those who cannot make evening games for various reasons. Mid week games are always lower, but it was a surprising drop. 

RIGHT,,,I'm going to have a right whinge now. I'd gone bed....got up for a pee at 12 midnight, as you do at my age, checked the score....0-0. That's alright then....go back bed. Couldn't go sleep got up and saw Exeter 1-0 and Vale not at the races. Sheeeeite....back to bed, tossing and turning, bloody play offs, who are we kidding blah blah blah.

Get up this morning at 6.00am, 2.00am in Boslem, we've only turned it round 3-1 and you bloody lot are eulogising about the 2nd half performance!!!

Perils of being a Vale fan I suppose.....what a result, made my day at work a bit more bearable now onto Salford......3-1 Salford???? (Joking I am)

Love Vale I do!

I have a season ticket, could have gone out of my way to make it to the game but in the end it was just too much travelling and aggro on a schoolnight . I was still in two minds for most of the day but in the end I let my head rule my heart. 

Just finished watching the game on iPlayer. Not sure we were quite as bad first half as suggested as we created as many chances as they did. We did struggle to hold onto the ball or play it through their 5 man midfield. Main reason for the change around seemed to be Worrall making it 4 in midfield and Amoo playing quite high. Conlon, Worrall and Burgess, though smaller, were much quicker at getting forward into the space in the old inside forward areas created as Amoo stretched the play. We've struggled when teams have played 352 this season and it was good to see us try something different. We are at our best when we can move the ball quickly because we are pretty mobile in midfield compared to a lot of teams, not so good locked in a midfield battle because we aren't the biggest side in those positions. The tweeks second half allowed us to do that further up the pitch.

9 hours ago, Woakesy said:

Fantastic second half from the lads last night.

I can understand why some players were getting stick at HT. We were awful first half. But we have to remember we’ve only had one summer (where Carol & Kevin had only just taken over the club) since our worst season for a long time.

As a club, we’re on a journey and we’re very much moving in the right direction. 

JA and staff are doing a brilliant job and deserve a lot of credit, as do the players. Yes we have poor games but who doesn’t at this level?

Amoo was unplayable second half & stats wise, must be our biggest contributor for assists + goals.

Also special mention to Tom Conlon who drove us forward with his balls to Amoo and to Brisley who hasn’t played much and must be rusty but gave their dangerous forward line absolutely nothing all night.

Monty continues to confound his critics at left back with another great performance & Wozza having looked off the pace first half, had a great second. 

I hope in future we can have more constructive posts from some. When we’re losing, we don’t suddenly become a bad team and JA a hopeless manager and some would do well to remember that.

Spot on, they bullied us in the 1st half, they have some big units in their squad playing direct football using the ball over the top and obviously works most of the time hence there league position, but second half we turned the tables and beat them at there own game, up the Vale 

I like Monty, you have no idea what hes going to do next and I think he gives his all at left back. Obviously he still has a lot to learn at full back, he still has a tendency to go steaming in and give away free kicks. I didn’t see the elbow he was booked for last night, but overall another decent performance. 

14 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Anyone know where the fitness coach has gone?

He usually warms up with the subs in coordinated drills, and then sets cones out for the players as they come up after half time, but he's been absent in the last few games.

I believe he's gone to China.

Anyone know where the fitness coach has gone?
He usually warms up with the subs in coordinated drills, and then sets cones out for the players as they come up after half time, but he's been absent in the last few games.
Good job he didn't last night otherwise we might have lost

I thought the attendance was a disgrace, personally. Perhaps people were saving their money for Saturday, and/or some had work, but still it was shocking. If nothing else, it does, for me, potentially show the very fickle nature of Vale supporters who pay on the day.

Thought the same, but I then looked at L1 and in particular championship attendances and some were very poor, so ours didn’t look that bad. Hull just over 10k for example Wycombe 3.6k

Archived