onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

So I said to my mate in front, "Why do they keep trying to put the ball on Bennett's head - he can't head for toff........... Oh great goal Richie!"

Painful first half, super second half.  Askey is a tactical genius!!

More about the jump than the actual header though. For a big lad he doesn't do half as well as he should do in the end, but as somebody who is 6'3 myself I have an head like a piece of Toblerone so can vouch that being tall doesn't mean you're good with your noggin!

Advert

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

More about the jump than the actual header though. For a big lad he doesn't do half as well as he should do in the end, but as somebody who is 6'3 myself I have an head like a piece of Toblerone so can vouch that being tall doesn't mean you're good with your noggin!

I suspect Richie Bennett is one of these lads who was by far the biggest in the team when he was a lad so never learnt to jump properly because he didn't have to!

Reading back over this thread there is a distinct trend of people who felt the need to post in the first half... but then quickly disappeared in the 2nd. For some reason they didn’t feel the need or desire to post about the second half. Wonder why?

Then there are the people who at half time must have been salivating at the thought of posting at the end of the game... But quickly changed their mind and went back in their holes to wait for another result that doesn’t go exactly our way... has anyone seen @RayWalkers40yarder by the way?

After that display over 90 minutes,  I don't know whose more confused, me or Exeter. By half time I was thinking how many of those players would we want to keep, then right from the offset, second half, they all looked amazing. This is the life of a Port Vale fan. 

Brisket started to command,  Conlon looking the player he should be, Burgess developing into gold dust, Amoo  enjoying himself and Bennett taking a couple of opportunities. Overall, not a bads night work from Askey, Kevan and the lads. Really hope now that we can spank the fast improving money bags Salford. 

2 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Proverbial game of two halves!!! If only we play like we did in the second half most of the time.

It really was. Wikipedia "Game of two halves" should just link a video of tonight's game. But we  had a better better half than their better half. Chuffed.

3 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Proverbial game of two halves!!! If only we play like we did in the second half most of the time.

Yes very true what Askey put in the tea at half time I dont know but I wouldn't mind a drop.
For me the most satisfying thing was the performance of Brisley particularly in the second half.When I heard Smith was out for a while I expected that we would really struggle at the back so well done to him!

50 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Out of interest when we rescue a point or score a winner late on do we praise the endeavour or do we decry the oppositions ability to hold the lead?

It's like everyone forgets there are 11 players trying to stop us doing the things we want to do and also trying to score against us.

This is a great point... 

Its not like we are playing a set of cones every week and only our performance is the variable to success or not!!

The outstanding feature about tonight for me was the teams ability to come out in the 2nd half and turn the game on it's head,the cross field ball to switch play from Conlon and find Amoo was sublime,the attitude and professionalism in the 2nd half was spot on,so much for those that say the lads dont track back,don't care, aren't bothered just shows a game of football can turn on the the flip of a sixpence and knee jerk reactions don't help anyone.

To turn that game round tonight after the 1st half was magnificent,and proves all is not as bad as some of the doommongers would try and have you believe.

9 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Reading back over this thread there is a distinct trend of people who felt the need to post in the first half... but then quickly disappeared in the 2nd. For some reason they didn’t feel the need or desire to post about the second half. Wonder why?

Then there are the people who at half time must have been salivating at the thought of posting at the end of the game... But quickly changed their mind and went back in their holes to wait for another result that doesn’t go exactly our way... has anyone seen @RayWalkers40yarder by the way?

They will never be any different and despise being wrong, even at the expense of the Vale doing well, because it's all about their attention disorder. 

2 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Incredible turn around!

Second half was one of the most complete performances of the season. First was one of the worst.

Have to say my mom would have been Brisley. I've given him stick for his performances so far but he was very good tonight.

Happy with the three points, happy for Bennett and Amoo who need confidence to push on!

Brisley improved as confidence grew, just lacks game time, 

The difference between a normal Amoo and a confident Amoo is nothing short of night and day. Different player altogether. JMW instead of Geohaghon.
Get him in with a sports psychologist at St Georges Park. 
Or the cretins get off his back everytime he fails to take on 3 players and deliver a pinpoint cross...

Although they were clearly confident, I didn’t actually think much of Exeter in the 1st half. I think once Vale calmed down and stopped hoofing every ball clear and played a passing game, they realised just before half time they could trouble the visitors.

Great effort by Vale in the second half caused them to panic and basically collapse.

On reflection I think we have a set of fans on this forum who need their own chant.

Never mind the “where were you when you were sh*t” song we sang at Man City.

For them it’s “where were you when we were winning”... it’s a shame they all seem to disappear after enjoyable games where we win 🤷🏻‍♂️

Archived