onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

Tough task with injuries mounting,  Smith`s hamstring adding to  Crookes, Oyeleke, and Taylor already under  treatment , at least  Pope should be available after suspension. It is  also short notice for any possible loanees. Hardly ideal timing for the visit of 2nd place Exeter, unbeaten since early November in L2, to do anything we will have to pick ourselves up and turn up to do battle and pull ourselves together. If we do they are low scorers like ourselves with only 3 more goals than our 35. So a single   goal could settle it, 0-0 more likely. Keep smiling.

Advert

1 hour ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

You would think Oyeleke would be back by now .

Looking forwards to the game regardless .

Id like see Askey make a statement and drop some under performing players ,or better still try another system but such are Vale that one game they are completely dire then the next play a lot better .

Id go three at the back with Atkinson Legge and Brisley 

Gibbons Joyce Burgess Amoo Montana as five In  the middle of the field rotating positions and moving the ball all the time .

Worrall to be dropped as his levels of excellence not being there lately .

Then Pope and Cullen up front-as I think if there is any combination get us goals this is it .

Application ,effort heart and desire first and work as hard as possible for the shirt then anything is possible 

UTV 

We’ve already learned this season that when we drop regular first team players, the squad players that come in are worse.

we have only lost one at home so go with the same team apart from Smith of course.

23 hours ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

You would think Oyeleke would be back by now .

Looking forwards to the game regardless .

Id like see Askey make a statement and drop some under performing players ,or better still try another system but such are Vale that one game they are completely dire then the next play a lot better .

Id go three at the back with Atkinson Legge and Brisley 

Gibbons Joyce Burgess Amoo Montana as five In  the middle of the field rotating positions and moving the ball all the time .

Worrall to be dropped as his levels of excellence not being there lately .

Then Pope and Cullen up front-as I think if there is any combination get us goals this is it .

Application ,effort heart and desire first and work as hard as possible for the shirt then anything is possible 

UTV 

I am a massive fan of your desire to play Atkinson at centre back and Amoo in central midfield.

43 minutes ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

Reading comments from sat and folk saying Atkinson too slow play midfield there words not mine so he could play as a sweeper and cover Brisley and Legge 

Amoo has legs and who’s to say he wouldn’t be able play a Ian Taylor role and make runs from midfield which will give the Vale more impetus while young Taylor’s out .

We would never know as set up every game the same .

No real imagination but a little tweak here and there and who knows play offs could be the outcome .

Be wanting see if Pope and Cullen can give is much needed firepower at least if he goes one up front then he is straight away giving the impetus to the opposition already (Askey ),as I think Cullen deserves to keep his place and Pope loves a goal or two v Exeter .

Heres hoping Joe B what do you suggest ?

I just always like your enthusiasm mate.

FWIW, my team:

Brown

Gibbo Legge Brisley Monty

Worrall Joyce Burgess

Amoo Cullen Browne

The only positive from the Sentinel pre-match article is that Exeter had a very tiring game against Gillingham(It was Colchester my error) on Saturday, whereas reports elsewhere we did not expend much effort on Saturday. Saving ourselves? Wishful thinking on my part.

Didn't they play Colchester?

Something needs freshening up but I'm not sure where we have the options. There isn't a player on the bench I'm thinking it would make sense to bring into the first 11 right now.

That being said, I see us sneaking a 1 0 win tonight

3 minutes ago, osprey said:

A draw would be a good result tonight, a win would be fantastic- not holding my breath though 

I know every game these days is described as ‘ tough’ but I think this one will definitely be tough 

A "tough" journey for Exeter--let's hope it'll tire them before the game starts.  "Fortress" Vale Park should help and I think it will be the odd goal that steals it--Up The Vale!

34 minutes ago, Emile said:

Didn't they play Colchester?

Something needs freshening up but I'm not sure where we have the options. There isn't a player on the bench I'm thinking it would make sense to bring into the first 11 right now.

That being said, I see us sneaking a 1 0 win tonight

Thanks, you are quite right, 2 teams I always confuse

21 hours ago, PV1973 said:

@JoeB I’m tempted to say Worrall in the middle again like he was earlier in the season. I’m also tempted after Saturday to say put Pope In for Cullen to give us some strength up top. 

Just don't think Worrall is excelling on the left; is he needed to protect Monty though?

Since Taylor's injury we lack some of the line-breaking ability in the middle; Burgess and either Conlon/Atkinson simply can't carry the ball/beat a man effectively.

Putting Worrall in the middle with a mandate to get forward, then having two pacey wingers in Browne and Amoo might give us some impetus on the break in a difficult game tonight.

We're at our best playing high-pressing, high-tempo football on the break against good sides. Tonight is the night we need to see that re-emerge.

Plenty of sides this season have tried to break down Exeters defence and failed, this is the kind of game we could have done without tonight with Smudge and Taylor, missing if we can scrap a win and we have done it against the odds this season it will do confidence the world of good.

Archived