onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

12 months ago this weekend

darren1810

It's a year since our ex owner was mysteriously knocked down on the Friday evening prior to Carlisle. Demonstrations were planned, the club was a shambles. 

An ok performance resulting in a red card for Ricky Miller and another home defeat . A January window resulting in numerous signings, Edser, Trickett-Smith, Elliott, Whelan etc .

We leapfrog 12 months , lost only one home game, I actually enjoy attending now. Stability from new owners who actually give a toss instead of a self centered sponge. Steady progress on the pitch. Two unexpected away wins at MK and Cheltenham resulting in a brilliant day for the club at Man City . 

We've had a couple of games where the adrenaline and tension was so much I could of cried ( Chesterfield and Mansfield wins ) , I don't want to go through the pain and relief again  .

So we are in a wholly better place as a club. Yes it's frustrating losing to Morecambe and getting battered yesterday. But come on guys , talk of lack of ambition and Askey is a rubbish manager , do me a favour. 

You don't go from two seasons of absolutely dire performances to only losing one at home and actually even having a sniff at the play offs if Askey is a poor manager. 

It's steady progress and building blocks , I really don't know what some people want or expect from our club. Seems to me that some are only happy when they are moaning. A misplaced pass is even met with derision and boos at times. We have people scapegoating certain players . Amoo again singled out yesterday but nobody else mentioned in such a poor light as he was. 

Just what is up with some of our fanbase ? It's Port Vale for goodness sake , I'm 53 and have maybe experience of 4 promotion and 4 relegation in my 48 years of following them. Our time will come again, football is cyclical . 

If you want winning football every week then go to Liverpool or Celtic. 

I trust in our owners and I also believe that Askey is doing a good job. 

For crying out loud get behind them and if we finish 12th it's a damn sight better than what's gone before. 

Advert

I imagine Carol and Kevin are scouting for talent on YouTube right now.  Ready to swoop for the host of starlets, who are flying under the radar, missed by all the other 91 league clubs, who’ll then come straight into the first team, smash this league and go on to be sold for millions.

Hang on a minute, didn’t somebody else try that? 🤔

6 hours ago, darren1810 said:

It's a year since our ex owner was mysteriously knocked down on the Friday evening prior to Carlisle. Demonstrations were planned, the club was a shambles. 

An ok performance resulting in a red card for Ricky Miller and another home defeat . A January window resulting in numerous signings, Edser, Trickett-Smith, Elliott, Whelan etc .

We leapfrog 12 months , lost only one home game, I actually enjoy attending now. Stability from new owners who actually give a toss instead of a self centered sponge. Steady progress on the pitch. Two unexpected away wins at MK and Cheltenham resulting in a brilliant day for the club at Man City . 

We've had a couple of games where the adrenaline and tension was so much I could of cried ( Chesterfield and Mansfield wins ) , I don't want to go through the pain and relief again  .

So we are in a wholly better place as a club. Yes it's frustrating losing to Morecambe and getting battered yesterday. But come on guys , talk of lack of ambition and Askey is a rubbish manager , do me a favour. 

You don't go from two seasons of absolutely dire performances to only losing one at home and actually even having a sniff at the play offs if Askey is a poor manager. 

It's steady progress and building blocks , I really don't know what some people want or expect from our club. Seems to me that some are only happy when they are moaning. A misplaced pass is even met with derision and boos at times. We have people scapegoating certain players . Amoo again singled out yesterday but nobody else mentioned in such a poor light as he was. 

Just what is up with some of our fanbase ? It's Port Vale for goodness sake , I'm 53 and have maybe experience of 4 promotion and 4 relegation in my 48 years of following them. Our time will come again, football is cyclical . 

For crying out loud get behind them and if we finish 12th it's a damn sight better than what's gone before. 

So, 80% of me agrees with this post but the other 20% of me doesn’t. The alternative view is that are in League 2 where, let’s be frank, the football isn’t always of the highest quality and organisation, determination, fitness and being a bit street-smart goes a very long way. So why shouldn’t the supporters have ambitions to get in the play-offs this year?? It’s not as if we were starting from scratch, the majority of the starting 11 were here last year. And we all know that this team isn’t as bad as third bottom of the football League (x2), the Man City performance tells you that (we put up a better show than Championship Fulham) hence why yesterday, Morecambe etc frustrate.

10 hours ago, darren1810 said:

@RayWalkers40yarder should be made to write this out 100 times. It would be a better use of his time than moaning about the team and calling them bang average because we are not top, signing loads of players and winning by loads of goals each week. 

Stick your improvement Vale... I want us to be amazing IMMEDIATELY !! I want it now now now!! Long term my @rse, 8 months is enough to have turned this around and be perfect! Why aren’t we promoted already! 

😂

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 09:41, darren1810 said:

well said , unfortunately some Vale fans want instant success , its the world we live in now and some are just , as they used to say , a bit soft .

I cant believe the owners are getting stick from people who haven't a clue how a club is run , unless they are wizards on football manager which they think qualifies them .

These days because of social media these clowns are given a platform . Hopefully fans with half a brain can see the bigger picture . UTV

On 26/01/2020 at 09:41, darren1810 said:

Thinking of putting you on ignore, coming on OVF speaking calm, common sense. No place for you here.🤣

Archived