Bloody hell - if we beat Crewe and they beat Swindon at home we must be flippin' magic.

Edited by Jacko51

8 hours ago, valefan16 said:

It’ll take time and is a long term project, expecting glory within a few months isn’t realistic.

This season has been decent, some great moments, Man City, the Crewe win, last gasp win at Bradford and the Swindon and Plymouth home victories stand out. More memories to cherish than the last three years combined!

Look at Mansfield who have chucked money about like confetti, missed the play offs first season, lost in them last and struggling this... Notts County spent loads and ended up losing their league status...

First task was to stop the rot, save the sinking ship and we appear to have done that and started the trajectory upwards, now it’s about building on the foundations and continuous improvement... next season i expect a bit more than this and so on.

Rewind a decade and Mr Adams came in after the Glover mess... first season was like this, few defeats (only the champions lost fewer) but so many draws and a 10th place finish, the season after had he not left we’d have easily made the top 7 if not too 3. It’s was a first season of laying the foundations and that was under V2001.

No time to panic and over react, keep digging only five off the play offs so not actually out the race but it’s not the be all and end all, there is a bigger picture.

Finally a sensible post. Rome wasn’t people in a day people. Everyone calm down. 

Lol we made them look very average the other week they've lost 1 less than us and to ur question I went Man City the other week sadly not for me no home atmosphere

This proves how daft some people are... if 17 wins out of 29 and sitting top of the league is “nothing special” to you then I suggest you go follow Man City, Liverpool or follow a different sport. 

What is special? unbeaten all season? Never lose a game? 
Looks like we will never live up to your massive expectations?

1 minute ago, raywalkersbananakick said:

Lol we made them look very average the other week they've lost 1 less than us and to ur question I went Man City the other week sadly not for me no home atmosphere emoji85.pngemoji115.pngemoji102.png

Yes, we made top of the league look very average and we have lost only one less than them. That’s my point... what’s yours? 

Your default position is to suggest they are “nothing special” rather than we played well.

Different people have different opinions in things I guess.

Either you realise how much of a state we were in and think we have made an improvement as demonstrated by our league position and hope that improvement continues.

Or even 17 wins out of 29 and being top of the league is considered “nothing special” and your expectations are unrealistic, short termist and not thought through. 

I’m REALLY not sure how “we beat top of the league and have only lost one less than them” is an argument to say we are no good... but you have made it... so I guess you are the second type of person! 👍

We were in a much more state when we were in admin and we got promoted that's a fantastic blueprint

Yes, we made top of the league look very average and we have lost only one less than them. That’s my point... what’s yours? 
Your default position is to suggest they are “nothing special” rather than we played well.
Different people have different opinions in things I guess.
Either you realise how much of a state we were in and think we have made an improvement as demonstrated by our league position and hope that improvement continues.
Or even 17 wins out of 29 and being top of the league is considered “nothing special” and your expectations are unrealistic, short termist and not thought through. 
I’m REALLY not sure how “we beat top of the league and have only lost one less than them” is an argument to say we are no good... but you have made it... so I guess you are the second type of person!

9 minutes ago, raywalkersbananakick said:

We were in a much more state when we were in admin and we got promoted that's a fantastic blueprint emoji122.png

That’s another argument I think you may not have fully thought through 👍

Like the one you just made about us being no good because we have won one less that the team top of the league and made them look average a few weeks back! 

😂😂😂

10 minutes ago, raywalkersbananakick said:

We were in a much more state when we were in admin and we got promoted that's a fantastic blueprint emoji122.png

That followed three top half finishes, not three seasons of absolute ****.

• Like 2